Canucks @ Flames - 7pm - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks @ Flames - 7pm - CBC

Post by Cornuck »

Can the team make a sweep on a 5 game road trip? Sure, why not?

Injury Report: Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa (foot) is skating toward a return as early as next week, though Lee Sweatt's broken foot will keep him out a little longer. Defenseman Andrew Alberts (broken wrist) is still several weeks away, while Alexander Edler still holds out hope he can return from back surgery in time for the playoffs.

The Flames are sitting in 8th spot and like every other team we're playing these days needs the 2 points more than us. I say, "Screw 'em".

Edit: Tambellini is in tonight. Glass day to day with upper body soreness. Tambellini will slot in on 4th line.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks @ Flames - 7pm - CBC

Post by Tiger »

Dunno, I am having a tough job generating a hate against Calgary.. part of me wants to see them make the playoffs .. Iginla is one of my favorite NHL players.. and its a Canadian team !! Just hoping for a good game and would be happy with a tie going into OT... 1 or 2 points either way I will enjoy watching this game.. Higgins looked good last game, so will have an eye on his play tonight..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Not sure what that makes our record against Calgary, but if they don't make the playoffs it could be "thanks to vancouver". On the other hand, they're not a good first round matchup.

On paper, Dallas would look good in 8th with the 'nucks in 1st, but being a nervous nellie 'nucks fan I'm not sure i even like that.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Good game, Special teams making the difference..
Sedins and Kessler coming to life ..
Higgins looking good .. and
another 2 points . :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

dr.dork wrote:Not sure what that makes our record against Calgary, but if they don't make the playoffs it could be "thanks to vancouver". On the other hand, they're not a good first round matchup.

On paper, Dallas would look good in 8th with the 'nucks in 1st, but being a nervous nellie 'nucks fan I'm not sure i even like that.

i dont wanna face anyone....can we get a by to the 3rd round for being awesome please
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Go Canucks Go !!!

I've already planned something for early june. Honestly i see nobody who can beat this team in a series, this is THE year. :drink:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

One of the few NHL match-ups that rarely disappoints. This was one of the few games I really enjoyed this year.