Canucks @ Sharks - 7:30pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks @ Sharks - 7:30pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

Going for 4 in a row against a hot team - this could be fun!

The Sharks have won 9 of their last 10 and could overtake Detroit for 2nd in the West.

Injury update from NHL.com
"Canucks forward Mason Raymond sat out Tuesday's game after hurting his shoulder in Anaheim, but has resumed skating and could be ready to go. Newly acquired Chris Higgins could make his Canucks debut, while defenseman Kevin Bieksa is back skating after breaking his foot and could return to the lineup next week."
Is a sweep of this road trip possible?

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks @ Sharks - 7:30pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

Higgins gets his first start as a Canuck and Raymond is back in!
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Cornuck wrote: Is a sweep of this road trip possible?

GO CANUCKS GO!
Don't say the 'S' word. Now we know who to blame if this doesn't turn out well. :P

We have done well against San Jose in the recent past, although for long stretches before that they owned us. Looking forward to this game. I think it will be close. We have played OK the last three games, but bounces have really been going our way too.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

C'mon Dork - where's the confidence? :lol:
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I think the bounces have really been going our way of late and I hope they continue but something tells me 3 - 1 Sharks as they will come out banging and crashing and we have no one to respond.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Cornuck wrote:C'mon Dork - where's the confidence? :lol:
Hey look, I found some confidence. It comes in a big (750ml) greenish-brown bottle and it tastes good. Actually, the bottle is green but it looks greenish brown when full. No, not wine you Philistines ! Moinette.

http://www.brasserie-dupont.com/dupont/ ... londe.html

5-1 Canucks. Kesler busts out of his mini-slump and he pots a pair. The sharks lose their marbles and take too many penalties. Big Joe gets nailed by Torres and Heatley tries sneaking by Hamhuis along the boards and a hip check sends him for a loop. Glass gets into a fight.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

... and Wellwood gets his bell rung for saying that the Canucks won't win the Cup.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Cornuck wrote:... and Wellwood gets his bell rung for saying that the Canucks won't win the Cup.
Hmmm read it and actually agree with his assessment of last years team.. Choked !! Doubt it will happen this year ..

Looking forward to this game. Sharks are hot.. good measuring stick game for the Canucks. Also looking forward to Higgins first game as a Nuck.. Dork, dunno what your smoking to enhance the effectives of the green bottle but just cant see a one sided score coming out of this game.. 3- 2 OT win for Canucks
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Fun game to watch - and a little tense at times.

I'm glad to see this team get some timely goals - although that Mitchell goal made us look like pee-wees. (sorry to insult any pee-wee players reading this).

If Luongo falters, I have NO problem putting Schnieder in. Great game for him tonight, despite letting in 4 goals.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Cornuck wrote:Fun game to watch - and a little tense at times.

I'm glad to see this team get some timely goals - although that Mitchell goal made us look like pee-wees. (sorry to insult any pee-wee players reading this).

If Luongo falters, I have NO problem putting Schnieder in. Great game for him tonight, despite letting in 4 goals.
Great game by Schneider. Fun game to watch, but lots of silly penalties by both teams, and Burrows atoned for his dumb penalty by potting the winner in the shootout.

I don't want to have to play the Sharks in the playoffs, but I assume the Sharks don't want to play the Canucks either. And we will be better when we get Edler and Bieksa back.

4-0 on the road trip, which is nice. Not sure we deserve all 8 points but what the hey, take what you can, give nothing back.