GDT: Canucks host Blues - 7pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host Blues - 7pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

Tonight the Blues come in with their new-look defense. We have a 'new-look' defense of our own, as our players come back from injury.

It would be nice to avenge the Habs loss with a win tonight - but all the games from here on in will be tough. The West is tight, teams are battling, and they'll be looking to use us as a measuring stick as they head into the playoffs. We just need to keep playing our game and pray to the hockey gods.

Cory gets the start tonight.

NHL.com Preview

THN.com Tale of the Tape

Canucks.com Game Notes

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks host Blues - 7pm - Snet

Post by Tiger »

Cornuck wrote:Tonight the Blues come in with their new-look defense. We have a 'new-look' defense of our own, as our players come back from injury.

It would be nice to avenge the Habs loss with a win tonight - but all the games from here on in will be tough. The West is tight, teams are battling, and they'll be looking to use us as a measuring stick as they head into the playoffs. We just need to keep playing our game and pray to the hockey gods.

Cory gets the start tonight.

NHL.com Preview

THN.com Tale of the Tape

Canucks.com Game Notes

GO CANUCKS GO!
hmm Blues improved with the big trade.. and the Canucks have a tough time with them before the trade... Steen is a Canuck/killer.. I expect a much better start this game . Expect to see AV do some line juggling . 3rd line looks like its coming to life .. sooo
Canucks 4 Blues 3
Gooooo Canucks
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Ah 2 pts that the Canucks needed.

Glad to see Schneider sharp in the net and nice to see the other lines play hard and contribute.

Sami's shot was nasty! Loved it!!!!

Keep it up...next up...the big bad Bruins!
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

Just eked that one out. The Blues have been tough to play this year.
LotusBlossom wrote: Keep it up...next up...the big bad Bruins!
If we have a second period like tonights against Boston, I don't like our chances.

Anyone else getting frustrated with the consistantly inconsistant reffing? It pisses me off to see so many blatant infractions go uncalled and then a phantom call like Daniels first penalty. I'm not saying it always goes against the Canucks ... but they do seem to get screwed a lot.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Blues outplayed the Canucks .. Sedins didn't look good. 3 penalties against them and coughing up the puck in own end .. 3rd and 4th line picked up the game .. and Schneider a much better goaltender than Conklin made the difference., ( someone must of put a rocket up Raymonds butt he actually went to the net tonight ).. Take the 2 points ... but this team has to be better if it really wants to win in the playoffs..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
woodhog
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by woodhog »

woodhog wrote: Anyone else getting frustrated with the consistantly inconsistant reffing? It pisses me off to see so many blatant infractions go uncalled and then a phantom call like Daniels first penalty. I'm not saying it always goes against the Canucks ... but they do seem to get screwed a lot.
An interesting article on this topic from Gallagher. If anybody cares.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hocke ... story.html