Before hockeygame

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Tumb
AHL Prospect

Before hockeygame

Post by Tumb »

Hallo everyone.. We are 4 guys from sweden ho comes to Vancover in february to see 3 games with Canucs.. 2 yers agoe we was i Detroit.. There they haw a place calld "Hockeytown".. The place there supporters meets togetter before the game.. Is there eny place in Vancover like this ?? Soory for my bad english.. Thank.. / Hasse Stockholm - Sweden
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Before hockeygame

Post by Cornuck »

Welcome to the forum - I hear people recommonding the Shark Club before games, because it is close to Rogers Arena, but I'm sure some of the regulars will be able to give some good advice.

Don't worry about your English - I know it's a lot better than our Swedish!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Shark Club is a good place, as is Library Square which is also on Georgia Street and a block up from the Shark Club.

The Trap and Gill is at the bottom of Robson & Beatty, which is usually an interesting spot. Aury the bar manager is a good guy and the eats are decent.

I know the city quite well, and depending on what your interests are, I'm sure I can find you something.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Tumb
AHL Prospect

Post by Tumb »

Thanks for any tips ..
Shark club seems to be a good place to eat and drink a beer and get in the mood before the hockey game ..
See you there next Friday before the game against Chicago's blackhawks .. :D
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

BRANDI'S LOUNGE IS A GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT BEFORE AND AFTER THE GAME.

www.brandislounge.com/

I AM FRIENDS WITH BRYAN, THE MANAGER. COVER CHARGE IS $15, AND CROWN AND GINGERS ARE ABOUT $12 A GLASS. I KNOW INGA, ONE OF THE DANCERS WHO IS ORIGINALLY FROM SWEDEN.

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

DavidPratt_ wrote:BRANDI'S LOUNGE IS A GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT BEFORE AND AFTER THE GAME.

http://www.brandislounge.com/

I AM FRIENDS WITH BRYAN, THE MANAGER. COVER CHARGE IS $15, AND CROWN AND GINGERS ARE ABOUT $12 A GLASS. I KNOW INGA, ONE OF THE DANCERS WHO IS ORIGINALLY FROM SWEDEN.

DP
:lol: :lol:

Did you know Brandi was actually no longer part of the biz?

Rumoured that she was pushed out...too bad, one of my friends is a cocktail waitress there.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Tumb, a good place to drink if you're worried about funds is probably the Cambie.

You can get pitchers of beer there for about $11-13. Lots of people from all over the world go there (There is a hostel upstairs attached to the bar) but it's also in Gastown, and if you walk to Water Street, there is always the Lamplighter Pub. The manager's name is Bernie and it's a great place to hang with lots of Canucks fans there as well.

In Yaletown area, there is the Oxford on 1100 block of Homer street (between Helmcken and Davie street) good place to hang out as well as good standards like Yaletown Brewing Co, The Keg and Cactus Club for all the casual atmosphere.

Players Chophouse is a great place to congregate before the game as well. Right at the bottom of Robson and Beatty street. Good eats, a little pricey, but it's a nice place.

Hope that helps your research. Again, I'm pretty in-tune with the city and also know enough about venues to what suits your tastes, so again, if you have any Q's, just ask. I love Vancouver, and at times I treat it like I'm a tourist, so I can fall in love with it over and over again.
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

BRANDI IS NO MORE....UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT ;)

DP
LotusBlossom wrote:
DavidPratt_ wrote:BRANDI'S LOUNGE IS A GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT BEFORE AND AFTER THE GAME.

http://www.brandislounge.com/

DP
:lol: :lol:

Did you know Brandi was actually no longer part of the biz?

Rumoured that she was pushed out...too bad, one of my friends is a cocktail waitress there.

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

IF YOU GUYS WANT A FUN TIME IN VANCOUVER, JUST SEND ME A PM. I GO TO SOME OF THE PLACES LOTUSBLOSSOM DOESN'T GO TO...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN 8-)

DP

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Recommending Brandi's is a little suspect. Smells like Meerschaum... :lol:

Wtf wants a swedish massage before the game ? :rofl:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

BEFORE....DURING...AFTER....WHAT'S THE DIFF? ;)

DP

Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Recommending Brandi's is a little suspect. Smells like Meerschaum... :lol:

Wtf wants a swedish massage before the game ? :rofl:
Ahh I miss Meers. You still lurking around here somewhere good sir? :look:
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

No kidding... Meers wrote some great posts. Clever and funny.