GDT: Canucks host Preds - 7pm - Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host Preds - 7pm - Snet

Post by Cornuck »

What is it about Nashville? How do they consistently perform at a high level, yet nobody notices them? They've averaged 99 points each season since the lockout, they've made the playoffs 5 out of the last 6 seasons, but have never won a playoff series.

So they come in tonight with 60 points (projects to a 100 point season) and 4th in the West. Shea Weber is their top scorer with 29 points. But they do have Rinne in goal with .928 Save %.

Predators forwards J-P Dumont (neck) and Marek Svatos (lower body) and defenseman Francis Bouillon (upper body) are questionable for Wednesday's game.

Let's hope that the Dallas game will spark a new winning streak.

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks host Preds - 7pm - Snet

Post by the toucan kid »

The Minnesota Twins of the NHL...

Bring on the break.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

the toucan kid wrote:The Minnesota Twins of the NHL...

Bring on the break.
Are you saying Nashville signed Justin Morneau?! Why that's inkroidable!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Well he's already got a concussion problem, so he would probably fit right into today's game.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

the toucan kid wrote:
Well he's already got a concussion problem, so he would probably fit right into today's game.
Concussed or not, he's a proven winner, he won a Memorial Cup already ;)

Maybe Detroit will sign him, they need a big goalie and he doesn't have to clear waivers :mrgreen:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by nucklehead_88 »

atta boy Sweatt! gota love it when a kid gets a goal in his first ever game :thumbs:
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

nucklehead_88 wrote:atta boy Sweatt! gota love it when a kid gets a goal in his first ever game :thumbs:
Very impressive shot.

Pretty ugly game altogether, but Nashville's been playing some good hockey lately. I'm sure both teams were looking forward to the All-Star break and it's nice to see the Canucks head into it on a winning note.

Anyone else slightly nervous when Kesler caught Ehrhoff with the high-stick? Having depth like Sweatt and Tanev is nice... but if we lose any more defenseman we're in serious trouble. We're dodging the serious injury bullets pretty frequently on the back-end lately (Bieksa, Ehrhoff and hopefully Edler's isn't too serious), let's keep knocking on wood and hope the rest allows these guys to regain some stamina and health.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Anyone else slightly nervous when Kesler caught Ehrhoff with the high-stick? Having depth like Sweatt and Tanev is nice... but if we lose any more defenseman we're in serious trouble. We're dodging the serious injury bullets pretty frequently on the back-end lately (Bieksa, Ehrhoff and hopefully Edler's isn't too serious), let's keep knocking on wood and hope the rest allows these guys to regain some stamina and health.
Cap space, Island, cap space.

Nah I'm kidding, that was an ugly looking accident. That said, good time for a break, and we did go through a grueling stretch, so some injuries were bound to begin popping up.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well I guess I spoke too soon, considering Edler's injury.

Hopefully Salo can come in soon after the break, if Edler is out six weeks he'd be due back around March 10th. Players have to miss 10 games, but that happens by Feb 19th. I guess we REALLY have to hope that he's healthy a week or two before playoffs (March 23rd vs. Detroit could be a boost ;) ), get into some games down the stretch and find his stride by the time the second season starts.