Gaza Attacks

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Gaza Attacks

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:A good troll is a thing of beauty.

You, on the other hand, can snort my bum dust! :thumbs:
Classic Doc, always skirting and dodging and ducking, just firing away with a constant barrage of antagonist insults. Too afraid to to put himself out there to let us know why he is so passionately defensive over certain subject matters. Is Doc a Jew? A Queen Loving Protestant? A Tea Bagger, Bush lovin' Republican in bed with the Jews? Whats the fucking deal?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

this is the problem. Back during the Exodus with the help of the Queen Loving Protestants of Britain, when the Jews bullied their way back in to what is Israel now, they never figured out how to keep the Palestines drunk, happy and sloppy like whitey did with the Natives when Columbus first hit these shores way back. Unlike our Natives, the Palestines have a little bit more push back than our beloved Natives and do not share the Natives loves for getting shit faced happy.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:... like whitey did with the Natives when Columbus first hit these shores way back.
Wait, you're sayin Columbus was WHITE?? :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:... like whitey did with the Natives when Columbus first hit these shores way back.
Wait, you're sayin Columbus was WHITE?? :lol:
Keep on skirtin, dodging and ducking, all the while slaying and slaughtering you phantom man of mystery you. Don't go on revealing to much about yourself Doc, as you know all to well that would put you in a position of weakenss, ya don't want to give your victims of your antagonisms to much weaponry to fight you fairly you message board tough guy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Better a "message board tough guy" than a message board wimp amirite? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:Better a "message board tough guy" than a message board wimp amirite? :drink:
You need bully counselling, Doc. Get to the heart of what's eating at you. Were you diddled as a kid, etc. What makes Doc lash out on message boards. Better yet, why do you love the Jews?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Bullying? ... on the internet?? ... MOI??? :wow:

Nah, you're paranoid!

REALLY?? You see me as a punter of mental midgets? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:Bullying? ... on the internet?? ... MOI??? :wow:

Nah, you're paranoid!

Ya just don't have it in ya to fight fair Doc. I mean, hats off to ya for staying the course of not revealing much about yourself, that would put your opponents on equal ground in what is called a fair fight, something you clearly lack the gonads for. Keep attacking from behind that great cloak of yours Doc, I actually do admire you, you artful dodger.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Well the Gazans became EXTREMELY isolated after they voted Hamas into power there Mr Semantics. :scowl:
Lol personally I don't give a fuck if that whole region slid into the ocean. They're both meant for eachother, the Islamists and the Zionists. I do get a kick out of "Self defence" consisting of smashing city blocks and grinding entire families to dust using fighter jets and guided bombs.

It's like your neighbours kid launching rocks from a sling-shot at your house and your response is to pull out the Remington, whack his father, take half his yard as a "slingshot buffer zone", shoot anyone that ventures into your "slingshot buffer zone" and then brag about how measured your response was.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Bullying? ... on the internet?? ... MOI??? :wow:

Nah, you're paranoid!

Ya just don't have it in ya to fight fair Doc. I mean, hats off to ya for staying the course of not revealing much about yourself, that would put your opponents on equal ground in what is called a fair fight, something you clearly lack the gonads for. Keep attacking from behind that great cloak of yours Doc, I actually do admire you, you artful dodger.
Hmmm, the word PWNED springs to mind.

*kicks Dude in the gonads for good measure*

8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Well the Gazans became EXTREMELY isolated after they voted Hamas into power there Mr Semantics. :scowl:
Lol personally I don't give a fuck if that whole region slid into the ocean. They're both meant for eachother, the Islamists and the Zionists. I do get a kick out of "Self defence" consisting of smashing city blocks and grinding entire families to dust using fighter jets and guided bombs.

It's like your neighbours kid launching rocks from a sling-shot at your house and your response is to pull out the Remington, whack his father, take half his yard as a "slingshot buffer zone", shoot anyone that ventures into your "slingshot buffer zone" and then brag about how measured your response was.
:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

Wouldn't a better analogy be that your neighbour has declared publicly that he will not rest until you are your dead, your family is dead, and that your house be burned down so he can piss on the ashes. He's constantly seen down at the gunship buying, begging, borrowing, and steeling every kind of gun and weapon he can get his hands on. You've seen him over at his other neighbours practicing with pipe bombs and pyro. And his best buddy has been saving up for a bulldozer....
His kid is taking potshots at your windows with his slingshot and you keep having to buy a new cat for your daughter...
The cops are undecided if its really a threat...
And the courts are clogged up years in advance...
What would You do?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Polls have shown that roughly two thirds of Israelis and Palestinians alike favour a two-state solution with peaceful coexistence. The problem is that with one third on each side opposing this, it'll be pretty hard to ever successfully implement it.

Both Hamas and Likud are dependent on continued warfare to attract followers. I mean, it's no coincidence that these things flare up whenever there is an election approaching.

And the craziest thing is that the Palestinians really are Jews. :?

A whole lot of Jews fled as the Romans brutally crushed their rebellion. They are the diaspora Jews, many of whom have now returned to the land of their ancestors.
But a whole lot of Jews stayed put. First under Roman rule, then Christian, rule, then Muslim rule. The ones who stayed put are the Palestinians. DNA studies show that some 90% of Palestinians are of Jewish stock, with most of the other 10% having Arab origin, but the Romans, Phoenecians and crusaders probably left their mark too.

Thus it'd make sense that Palestinians and Isrealis should have equal rights throughout the whole Israel/Palestine area, but try telling the Israelis/Palestinians that they are really the same people... :roll:
They've all been brainwashed by their religious and political leaders to believe that their siblings are their blood enemies.

It's a complete disaster. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:Polls have shown that roughly two thirds of Israelis and Palestinians alike favour a two-state solution with peaceful coexistence. The problem is that with one third on each side opposing this, it'll be pretty hard to ever successfully implement it.

Both Hamas and Likud are dependent on continued warfare to attract followers. I mean, it's no coincidence that these things flare up whenever there is an election approaching.
I think it would be treasonous for any Israeli leader to agree to a two state solution, an internationally recognized Palestinian sovereign state would then have a legitimate foreign policy and have the right to legally wage war.

It would change Israel's ability to defend itself as it would have to break international law to meddle in and destabilize its enemy and would basically have to declare war whenever a rocket was launched and targeted at her.

And more importantly a sovereign Palestinian state would be one step closer to the annihilation of the state of Israel.

In a world where if you aren't winning you are losing that's a dangerous situation .
And the craziest thing is that the Palestinians really are Jews. :?

A whole lot of Jews fled as the Romans brutally crushed their rebellion. They are the diaspora Jews, many of whom have now returned to the land of their ancestors.
But a whole lot of Jews stayed put. First under Roman rule, then Christian, rule, then Muslim rule. The ones who stayed put are the Palestinians. DNA studies show that some 90% of Palestinians are of Jewish stock, with most of the other 10% having Arab origin, but the Romans, Phoenecians and crusaders probably left their mark too.
Is that in addition to the fact that they are all Semitic and that in reality there is no such thing as a Palestinian since the whole idea of nation states is a western concept and only imposed on the region recently.

Arabs are Jews are the real demarcation and when the UN declared Israel a state, the Jews got 10 % of The Middle East and the Arabs got 90% and the aren't happy with that split...

Thus it'd make sense that Palestinians and Isrealis should have equal rights throughout the whole Israel/Palestine area, but try telling the Israelis/Palestinians that they are really the same people... :roll:
They've all been brainwashed by their religious and political leaders to believe that their siblings are their blood enemies.
Except that the Muslims out number the Jews by a margin and I don't know if your familiar with Sharia law, but to put it mildly, you have to be Muslim to even contemplate living under those conditions and wherever Islam is the prevailing religion, sharia law is the rule.
It's a complete disaster. :(
You ain't whistling Dixie...

Actually the solution is simple, one of them has got to go...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ukcanuck wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: It's like your neighbours kid launching rocks from a sling-shot at your house and your response is to pull out the Remington, whack his father, take half his yard as a "slingshot buffer zone", shoot anyone that ventures into your "slingshot buffer zone" and then brag about how measured your response was.
Wouldn't a better analogy be that your neighbour has declared publicly that he will not rest until you are your dead, your family is dead, and that your house be burned down so he can piss on the ashes. He's constantly seen down at the gunship buying, begging, borrowing, and steeling every kind of gun and weapon he can get his hands on. You've seen him over at his other neighbours practicing with pipe bombs and pyro. And his best buddy has been saving up for a bulldozer....
His kid is taking potshots at your windows with his slingshot and you keep having to buy a new cat for your daughter...
The cops are undecided if its really a threat...
And the courts are clogged up years in advance...
What would You do?
Not really. Because you have the biggest and baddest bombs your buddies can buy and can inflict 10x the damage and 100x the casualties. You also have a counter-slingshot system that shoots down almost anything coming near your cats/kids. You already have a few bulldozers that you use to clear out pockets of your neighbours yard for your new sheds that you don't have zoning or building permits for, but your buddy is the mayor and has veto powers on all matters before council. It's actually a pretty swanky scenario. The only thing your really worried about is your neighbours neighbour who has a lot more kids with actual BB guns instead of sling shots, and might be inclined to back the rock launchers.
ukcanuck wrote: I think it would be treasonous for any Israeli leader to agree to a two state solution, an internationally recognized Palestinian sovereign state would then have a legitimate foreign policy and have the right to legally wage war.
The alternatives are just more of the same. And realistically, the Arab spring has changed the regional dynamics. American influence isn't what it used to be. Egypt is playing nice for now, but the plight of the Palestinians is a sore spot for most, and with more countries recognizing Hamas, it's going to be a lot harder to ignore them.
It would change Israel's ability to defend itself as it would have to break international law to meddle in and destabilize its enemy and would basically have to declare war whenever a rocket was launched and targeted at her.
Not really. If a Palestinian state decided to attack Israel, they would be more than justified (a real self defence scenario under Article 51 of the UN charter) in crushing it using extreme force. There are also numerous groups operating in Gaza, many more extreme than Hamas, and the thought of a Palestinian state (with security services of its own) might be easier to a) police itself and b) target in the event they do act in a hostile manner.
And more importantly a sovereign Palestinian state would be one step closer to the annihilation of the state of Israel.
I would guess that any two-state solution would include the Palestinians recognizing Israels right to exist, and have agreed upon borders, otherwise Israel wouldn't sign. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Yemen and Lebanon don't recognize Israel as a state, and yet Israel still exists. I don't think the Palestinians are going to change that (state or not). In fact, having a resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict could push other nations to recognize (or at least warm up to the idea of recognizing) Israel, as well as relieve a lot of the hate for Washington in the region.

Except that the Muslims out number the Jews by a margin and I don't know if your familiar with Sharia law, but to put it mildly, you have to be Muslim to even contemplate living under those conditions and wherever Islam is the prevailing religion, sharia law is the rule.
Turkey says hi.