Gaza Attacks

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Gaza Attacks

Post by SKYO »

I know Per/SL have something to say about this...

But man Israeli is creating havoc!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Gaza Attacks

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hamas fires a bunch of rockets at Israel (killing 3), and they respond with guided bombs and missiles (killing children).

Can anyone tell me the difference between Assad and Netanyahu? Seems to me they both enjoy targeting civilian populations with extreme aggression.

I'm still waiting on a ground war.

Add to this the fact Canada "supports" this "anti-terrorist" action.

Shame. Shame.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Palestinians have no army, no navy & no air force, so it seems as if Israeli's are just going for it all with no repercussion.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The guide strike by Israel took out the military leader of Hamas. Rocket strikes by the Palestinians are not guided and are now reaching Tel Aviv.

Israel in the midst of an election, the hard line stance strengthens Netanyahu, and don't for a moment neglect the Iranian involvement with Hamas. The latest stock of missiles are manufactured in Iran and many came from Libya after the fall of Gaddafi. The new leader of Egypt is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas was founded as an offshoot of the Brotherhood.

All this restocking of arms while our our NDP vets are trying to boat in "humanitarian aid" to the Palestinians. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:The guide strike by Israel took out the military leader of Hamas. Rocket strikes by the Palestinians are not guided and are now reaching Tel Aviv.

Israel in the midst of an election, the hard line stance strengthens Netanyahu, and don't for a moment neglect the Iranian involvement with Hamas. The latest stock of missiles are manufactured in Iran and many came from Libya after the fall of Gaddafi. The new leader of Egypt is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas was founded as an offshoot of the Brotherhood.

All this restocking of arms while our our NDP vets are trying to boat in "humanitarian aid" to the Palestinians. LOL
Baby killer! :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I was wondering why all my shirts are on the floor.

Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

SKYO wrote:Palestinians have no army, no navy & no air force, so it seems as if Israeli's are just going for it all with no repercussion.
Yep so that would make them what? Terrorists perhaps. The Pales have been lobbing mortars and rockets into Israel for several months now and then Assad's gang fired some in to the Golan Heights. Did they expect they could continue poking Israel in the eye without consequences? Topper is correct, this is all playing into Netanyahu's strong suit which will certainly not enable Hamas to bargain with a more "liberal" minded opponent. They should be hoping someone of this ilk can beat Netanyahu if they really want "peace". Maybe they don't. Perhaps the puppetmasters want to continue goading Israel in hopes they do something that turns the "west" against them or until they have Israel surrounded again by extremist regimes. ( see Egypt)
Iran will continue to fund and arm Hamas as their mercenaries as they know that the Israelis would kick their ass in a direct conflict. If they can draw Egypt into the fray they hope to accomplish their goals without firing a shot.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Listercat wrote:
SKYO wrote:Palestinians have no army, no navy & no air force, so it seems as if Israeli's are just going for it all with no repercussion.
Yep so that would make them what? Terrorists perhaps. The Pales have been lobbing mortars and rockets into Israel for several months now and then Assad's gang fired some in to the Golan Heights. Did they expect they could continue poking Israel in the eye without consequences? Topper is correct, this is all playing into Netanyahu's strong suit which will certainly not enable Hamas to bargain with a more "liberal" minded opponent. They should be hoping someone of this ilk can beat Netanyahu if they really want "peace". Maybe they don't. Perhaps the puppetmasters want to continue goading Israel in hopes they do something that turns the "west" against them or until they have Israel surrounded again by extremist regimes. ( see Egypt)
Iran will continue to fund and arm Hamas as their mercenaries as they know that the Israelis would kick their ass in a direct conflict. If they can draw Egypt into the fray they hope to accomplish their goals without firing a shot.
Cat is closer than any other posters so far to picturing what's going on over there.

Israel's chief antagonists have been trying to goad them into doing something stupid for the better part of a year now. If it isn't Assad forces 'accidentally' shelling Israeli-held Golan, it's islamists lobbing rockets out of the Sinai or Hamas/IRGC-proxies launching rockets from Gaza. The only reason I think Hezbollah hasn't joined the fray with Israel is that they're up to their eyeballs fighting a quasi-existential battle trying to save their sugar-daddy Assad from the rebels.

So far, Israel's not done anything stupid and I'm sure they're getting regular reminders from the West not to do so.

To the folks who've labelled the IDF as barbarians for killing civilians, two words: puh-leeze. If you want to talk civvy-military death ratios on both sides, there's not much difference. Pretty hard not to hurt any bystanders when the weapons factories are next door to an apartment building. It's a densely-populated area, so collateral damage is next to impossible to avoid.

As for Egypt, they really are in the middle in this one. On the one side, Morsi & Co. have no real love for Israel and don't see much use for the Camp David Peace Accord. On the other hand, they have a vested interest in reigning in Hamas and it has to do with Hamas' influence in the Sinai. As much as the lunatic fringe of the Brotherhood would love nothing more than a second Holocaust in the Levant, Morsi's smarter than that and will honestly try to get both sides to the bargaining table.

My $0.02, this will likely follow the predictable course of previous Hamas/IDF clashes. Both sides will trade rockets and bombs. The IDF may move in on the ground if they feel it's worth it. Hamas will run out of Iranian-supplied rockets or the IAF will knock out the last of their stockpiles. Then both sides will mediate a truce and things will reset.

Iran won't lift a finger because they know the mother of all shit-storms they will face if they so much as throw a stone in Israel's direction. This is all predicated on Israel not doing anything stupid. That said, it's an election year and stranger things happen.

Three last things: a) for all those folks hacking on the Israelis for lobbing bombs into Gaza, I would say the bigger Israeli offense is continued settlements in the West Bank. If you want true Israeli belicosity, that's your poster-child there. b) the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if this isn't a proxy arms test by Iran on their new rockets and the IDF's defence system - specifically their 'Iron Dome' defence. c) At the end of it all, I wonder who comes out the poorer fiscally on this, Hamas with Iranian supplied and homemade rockets or the Israelis who've spent a fortune on the Iron Dome system and its pricey rockets?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Can anyone tell me the difference between Assad and Netanyahu? Seems to me they both enjoy targeting civilian populations with extreme aggression.
Well.

Assad is a heavy-handed murderous dictator who oppresses his own people.

Netanyahu is..... not.

Are you under the impression Gaza is a part of Israel?

It is not.

And do you not realize Gaza is ruled by what Canada, among other nations, lables a Terrorist Organization?

Israel is known for bending over backwards in efforts to minimize "collateral damage" in response to palestinian aggression. Meanwhile Hamas is known for hiding their weapons and fighters amongst civilians. It is said Hamas actually WANTS collateral damage, that way when they whine about it, they can win the sympathy of naive schmucks around the world.

No offense.

Assad targets civilians, Hamas targets civilians, Israel/Netanyahu.... not.

Got it? :hmmm:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Add to this the fact Canada "supports" this "anti-terrorist" action.

Shame. Shame.
Actually the shame is all on YOU private: Fall in line soldier! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: All this restocking of arms while our our NDP vets are trying to boat in "humanitarian aid" to the Palestinians. LOL
Yep they're well-armed and well-fed in Gaza, buncha fat fuckin mad bombers says I.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lancer wrote: Israel's chief antagonists have been trying to goad them into doing something stupid for the better part of a year now.
No doubt.

But what about going after Iran's nuclear facilities?

Would that be stupid to do.... or stupid not to do? :eh:
Lancer wrote: The only reason I think Hezbollah hasn't joined the fray with Israel is that they're up to their eyeballs fighting a quasi-existential battle trying to save their sugar-daddy Assad from the rebels.
Good point.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:No doubt.

But what about going after Iran's nuclear facilities?

Would that be stupid to do.... or stupid not to do? :eh:
Mahmoud Offers Nuclear Device Insanity

In 2008, Israel had at least a modicum of cooperation from Mubarak who kept the border officially tight. Egypt now, will throw it wide open and southern Gaza will be cratered to cut off the land supply routes for weapons.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Go Humans Go! Kill, Kill, Kill. We are such and advanced species.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Assad is a heavy-handed murderous dictator who oppresses his own people.

Netanyahu is..... not.

Are you under the impression Gaza is a part of Israel?
Nope. But if the world gets up in arms over a guy axing his own folks, shouldn't we react as strongly to one who ghettoizes, isolates, starves and bomb others?

And some stats say that in the 06-09 Gaza war upwards of 900 Palestinian civilians were killed vs. 3 Israelis. Since 2000, Israeli forces have killed over 1,000 minors (re: Children). Israeli minors killed: 3. Some restraint.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Go Humans Go! Kill, Kill, Kill. We are such and advanced species.
Finally a sane post. :D

Anyone that picks sides and blames the other is a fucking idiot.

I hope the Jews and Muslims kill each other off (and take out the Christians while they're at it :) )....so that us Pagans can live together in harmony and peace...

I have family in Jerusalem right now so I say that with a heavy heart :(

It's kinda funny though reading the postings. Tell me, does any one know the true history of Palestine,Israel and Britain, as well as, the differences between Shi'ites and Sunni conflicts in the Mid-East?

No cheating now. Wiki is strictly prohibited and no web searches. Lets just go with your so-called real knowledge here because I don't think anyone has the education (other than reading mainstream media) or idea of what is at play.

Strange juxtaposition of a video of a wedding and death from above http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... kAyqbKwd1o
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)