US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:Tulsi Gabbard
More medals than you. Jelly?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Trumps policy 1 week ago: "Assad is a reality we have to deal with"

Trumps policy one week later: "Bomb Assad."
Dealt with. :mex:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Hey Doc, what's it feel like to be a Clinton surrogate?
Evening of April 6: Trump notifies dozens of high-ranking US politicians of his plan to bomb Assad.

Within 2 hours Hillary pops out of hiding to say: "Remember me? Trump should bomb Assad!"

A few hours later the bombs begin to fall.

Hillary is still connected, still can't keep secrets, still puts her personal politics ahead of the greater good.
Island Nucklehead wrote: Either way, Trump has no idea what he's doing
Wrong.

Obama though...

Obama's mouth wrote a Red Line cheque his ass couldn't cash.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Obama's mouth wrote a Red Line cheque his ass didn't have the balls cash.
fixed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Trump/USA should just take over North Korea, call their bluff, enough of Kim Jong Un & fake ass weapons/army.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Per wrote:
Do you trust CNN more than Infowars Per?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

griz wrote:
Per wrote:
Do you trust CNN more than Infowars Per?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hell yeah!

Infowars is just an angry tin foil hat wearing man spewing Russian propaganda.

And that very man is now, while in a custody battle, telling the court that it's not for real.
It's just an act he puts on. He's not really that crazy.

Well, for the sake of his children, I hope the court does not believe that.
I know you don't. :drink:
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

per wrote:Hell yeah!

Infowars is just an angry tin foil hat wearing man spewing Russian propaganda.

And that very man is now, while in a custody battle, telling the court that it's not for real.
It's just an act he puts on. He's not really that crazy.

Well, for the sake of his children, I hope the court does not believe that.
I know you don't.
The more the establishment attacks Alex Jones the more they validate him.

And Don Lemon regularly pretends to be a journalist doesn't he?

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

griz wrote: The more the establishment attacks Alex Jones the more they validate him.
"The establishment", is that what he calls his ex wife?
griz wrote:And Don Lemon regularly pretends to be a journalist doesn't he?
I wouldn't know. I've never heard of him.

I mainly follow Swedish and British news.
Although I often read Time magazine to get an American perspective.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

A celebrity's ex-wife in a custody battle is news? Is this all the mainstream media can come up with? They are predictably adept at smearing and distracting but people are waking up to this.

If you haven't heard of Don Lemon then you cannot watch much CNN. Something tells me that you don't watch much Infowars either. Amiright? So you blindly trust CNN and blindly distrust Infowars? I predict if you watched more of both you'd be better able to tell where more fake news can be found.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

griz wrote: If you haven't heard of Don Lemon then you cannot watch much CNN. Something tells me that you don't watch much Infowars either. Amiright? So you blindly trust CNN and blindly distrust Infowars? I predict if you watched more of both you'd be better able to tell where more fake news can be found.
lol... the answer is Infowars. That fuck claimed Sandy Hook was staged, and that the US government was involved in both Oklahoma City and 9/11.

Jones plays to the morons finger-blasting their sisters and stockpiling ammo for the inevitable government takeover, telling them what they want to hear. He's the Daily Show's Colbert, except his audience thinks it's real.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

griz wrote:If you haven't heard of Don Lemon then you cannot watch much CNN. Something tells me that you don't watch much Infowars either. Amiright? So you blindly trust CNN and blindly distrust Infowars? I predict if you watched more of both you'd be better able to tell where more fake news can be found.
I do not blindly trust CNN. I do recognise that there tends to be a pro-American slant, which could be expected. I also know that they tend to lean more towards the Democrats than the Republicans, but from a European point of view, that seems pretty logical. Remember that some 80% of British tories preferred John Kerry over George W Bush.
American elections, from a European perspective tend to be between a rightwing candidate (Democrats) and an extreme rightwing candidate (Republicans). I can't think of a European country where the conservatives do not embrace single payer universal healthcare. And I think it's the same in Canada, right?

I don't regularly follow CNN, it's not a channel I have. It is a fairly common channel for international hotels to carry though, and so, when I travel, I occassionally find myself watching it, albeit I usually prefer BBC, if they are available. From what I have seen though, CNN does not stand out in any way. They seem a pretty normal run of the mill vanilla flavour news outlet, with a certain American bias.

Alex Jones on the other hand.... The first time I came across him was a clip of a "debate" between him and Piers Morgan, in which Jones came across a a two year old throwing a temper tantrum. He appeared to think that whoever screams louder wins. I guess that's how chimps battle, but I haven't really seen that among civilised grownups before. After that I didn't really see him much before the recent presidential elections. But just look at the stuff he talks about: chemtrails, vaccines, the US government being behind 9/11, Sandy Hooks being staged, that supposed pizza parlour pedophile ring hoax that caused some deluded man to go into that pizzeria with guns blazing....

This is clearly a man that rejects science, has a deep mistrust of all authorities and basically makes a living out of peddling fear. A tin foil hat.

I've never been a great fan of George W Bush, but there is no way you can convince me that he blow up the World Trade Center. Bin Ladin had tried before (some car bomb in the basement) and took full responsibility for it. And we all saw the airplanes flying into the buildings.

This is just conspiracy theories for the sake of conspiracy theories.
Or possibly for making a buck.

Civil society is based on trust. If there is no trust, society cannot and will not function.
What Alex Jones, ISIS and Putin all have in common is that they are doing there very best to undermine western democracy by sowing distrust of all its fundaments. Distrust of science. Distrust of politicians. Distrust of the different branches of government. Distrust of media. Distrust of your neighbours.

If they succeed, society would rupture at its seams and we would enter an era of anarchy and civil war.
Fortunately most of us are too smart to fall for this.

Alex Jones may have 7 million followers, but there are more than 300 million Americans.
I think we are safe for now.

Oh, and this does not mean that I think Alex Jones should be shut down.
I'm a great fan of freedom of speech. I just think that it is important that we do not let his lies go unanswered.

Look at vaccines. If it were not for vaccines, we would still be battling smallpox.
Measles used to kill roughly 3% of those who contracted it, and still does in developing countries, where people are malnourished and have limited access to health care. In developed countries, today measles kills roughly one in 5000 people who contract the disese, and roughly one in 1000 get meningitis from it. Compare this with the side effects of the vaccine: roughly one in 1.000.000 get meningitis. Roughly one in 1.000.000 gets a serious allergic reaction. And that's pretty much it. There is solid scientific evidence that vaccines save millions of lives! How can you possibly ignore this?
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

con·spir·a·cy : "a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful"

Conspiracies are real my friend. History is full of them. Alex Jones might not get everything right. But he often does get things right which history has proven.

Do you believe that chemtrails aren't real?

As for 9/11, have you seen the building 7 video (from the BBC no less) where it was reported as fallen before it actually happened? That seems like a consiracy to me.

per wrote:This is clearly a man that rejects science, has a deep mistrust of all authorities ...
sci·en·tism : "Excessive belief in the power of scientific knowledge and techniques."

There are many authorities that shouldn't be trusted. History is full of examples.
per wrote:Distrust of science. Distrust of politicians. Distrust of the different branches of government. Distrust of media.
Right. Because the Scientists always know what is best, politicians always tell the truth(!), so does the government and so does the media. Sorry. I don't buy it.
per wrote:Look at vaccines. If it were not for vaccines, we would still be battling smallpox.
Vaccines are not the problem Per. It's the extra payloads like Thiomersal that are harming people.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

griz wrote:Alex Jones might not get everything right. But he often does get things right which history has proven.

<snip>
per wrote:Look at vaccines. If it were not for vaccines, we would still be battling smallpox.
Vaccines are not the problem Per. It's the extra payloads like Thiomersal that are harming people.
How much Thiomersal have you ingested to hold these views? :eh:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

BurningBeard wrote:How much Thiomersal have you ingested to hold these views? :eh:
Which views are you at odds with BB?