US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote:97% consensus reported by Cook et al

As usual you're a day late and a dollar short...

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 37#p263537
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"Beating Hillary with right jabs and left hooks"

I LIKE IT
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Black Trump supporters the media doesn't want you to know about.

Have you noticed that virtually all the hatred + violence at political rallies comes from Dems?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mondi wrote:One thing that has long baffled me about conservatives is how they refuse to take a conservative approach to climate change. Conservatives don't like risk right? Why not removed the independent variable (CO2 emissions) and see what happens? After all, we are risking the ability to keep the economy going if the earth gets too bloody hot. Aren't we?

In light of the usual con position on this topic, one is left wondering...are today's so-called conservatives truly conservative? Or are they perhaps simply into short-term financial gain at the expense of anything and anyone else?

In my view, labeling this reality as a liberal and conservative issue is rather counter productive. The fact of the matter is that month after month we are hearing about the hottest month on record. We know that is bad for coastal cities and (to some extent) crop yield in important areas. It also seems to lead to severe droughts, wild fires and unpredictable weather systems (i.e. hurricanes). One doesn't even need to be a scientist to think that a cautious approach may be the best approach. At the end of the day, even if human aren't contributing to global warming, why not do some large scales tests to find out.

Anyways, carry on.

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.10 ... 048002/pdf

The consensus that humans are causing recent global warming is shared by 90%–100% of publishing
climate scientists according to six independent studies by co-authors of this paper. Those results are
consistent with the 97% consensus reported by Cook et al (Environ. Res. Lett. 8 024024) based on
11 944 abstracts of research papers, of which 4014 took a position on the cause of recent global
warming. A survey of authors of those papers(N = 2412 papers) also supported a 97% consensus. Tol
(2016 Environ. Res. Lett. 11 048001) comes to a different conclusion using results from surveys of nonexperts
such as economic geologists and a self-selected group of those who reject the consensus. We
demonstrate that this outcome is not unexpected because the level of consensus correlates with
expertise in climate science. At one point, Tol also reduces the apparent consensus by assuming that
abstracts that do not explicitly state the cause of global warming (‘no position’)represent nonendorsement,
an approach that if applied elsewhere would reject consensus on well-established
theories such as plate tectonics. We examine the available studies and conclude that the finding of 97%
consensus in published climate research is robust and consistent with other surveys of climate
scientists and peer-reviewed studies.
Mondi, even if all this was true, and I'm not convinced it is "all true", how do you purpose to get every single nation to do their part (an equal part)?
Please don't say by setting an example here in the west. You know that won't work. In fact, that's already what's going on and yes, at our expense.
Tell me how to create a level playing field. If you can do that, you could well be the smartest man on earth...
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:

Did Hilly's use of an unsecured Email server reveal the location of US State Dept employees in Benghazi?

:look:
Seriously? :eh:

They attacked the American consulate in Benghazi. There's usually a plaque and a flag outside. Kind of hard to miss.

And albeit I've admittedly never been to Libya, typically you can find the consulates listed in the yellow pages or whatever local equivalent there is.

Hacking someone's e-mail just to find the location of a consulate seems like overkill imho. :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
http://usanewshome.com/world-news/julia ... mber-26th/

Afshin Rattansi, a British journalist, went underground with Russia Today to speak with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange in London. About 32,000 emails from her private server have been leaked by Wikileaks so far, but Assange would not confirm the number of emails or when they are expected to be published. But he did say this:

Rattansi: If there is any illegality in the pending emails you will release or malfeasance in what you already released President Obama could presumably act on it and get Hillary Clinton charged? Regardless of whether you are about to release any email which would mean that James Comey and the FBI would have no alternative but to arrest Hillary Clinton?

Assange: Our view which we have already stated is if the evidence that the FBI has is enough for a grand jury to indict already… But a prosecutor has to ask a grand jury to indict. And if a prosecutor doesn’t ask, a grand jury won’t indict. But our next leak can bring her down because it is something the FBI can’t overlook.

Rattansi: When will be the date when you will release this leak?

Assange: I will not reveal the exact date but I can promise you this, I Will Bring Hillary Down Before The Debate Stage On September 26th.
Yes, we know that Putin wants Trump to win.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Did Hilly's use of an unsecured Email server reveal the location of US State Dept employees in Benghazi?

They attacked the American consulate in Benghazi. There's usually a plaque and a flag outside. Kind of hard to miss.

And albeit I've admittedly never been to Libya, typically you can find the consulates listed in the yellow pages or whatever local equivalent there is.

Hacking someone's e-mail just to find the location of a consulate seems like overkill imho. :lol:
A "safe" house was attacked.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Per; At this point you should make it clear;

Are you defending a "party" or a "person"? Maybe that's something you need to ask yourself.....
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:
Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

A "safe" house was attacked.
From the wikipedia summary and BBC timeline, I got the impression that that was a "safe haven" within the compound, sort of a bunker, I suppose? The second place they attacked was a CIA building, and according to the time line, the CIA people tried to assist the people at the consulate, but arrived too late. They were then fired on on their way back to their building and had two flat tires when returning at 11:50 pm. They were then attacked "shortly after midnight", ie probably like 15 minutes after arriving at the building, right?
Sounds to me like the attackers just followed them from the consulate. :|

I admit though, I know very little about Benghazi, so I may be mistaken.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-19587068
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote:
Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Per; At this point you should make it clear;

Are you defending a "party" or a "person"? Maybe that's something you need to ask yourself.....
Neither. I'm just questioning the logic of Doc's statement.

Why would someone need to hack an e-mail account to find out where the consulate is, when it has a plaque and a flag and can be found in the yellow pages (or whatever Libyan equivalent there is)?

And for the record, Hillary may not be the most appealing presidential candidate imaginable, but at least she's competent and experienced.
griz
CC Veteran

Post by griz »

Per wrote:And for the record, Hillary may not be the most appealing presidential candidate imaginable, but at least she's competent and experienced.
Vomit inducing. Competent and experienced at what exactly? Deceit? Lying? Selling America to the highest bidder? How can you overlook the crap she's done and think she would make a good leader?
griz
CC Veteran

Post by griz »

Strangelove wrote:
Mondi wrote:97% consensus reported by Cook et al

As usual you're a day late and a dollar short...

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 37#p263537
Yes, he hasn't been paying close enough attention to the content we've already gone over previously in this thread.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mondi wrote: The idea that because something is difficult we don't even try is the most pathetic argument and the last resort of almost all conservative thinkers.

The issue of CFCs was dealt with in short order. The world develop vast telegraph, telephone, and cable networks in a matter of a few short decades. Large international works are possible when it is clear they are in the best interest of everyone.

It is harder to see that cutting emissions is in the best interest of everyone because neoliberal economy-types endlessly rant about the economy falling apart if we stop burning fossil fuel. These are the same people that preach armageddon every time a tax goes up or a regulation is proposed. And yet, the economy persists.

These are just people who fear change and don't want anything disturbed that may impact their ability to earn money.
You're going to have to explain that to Kim Jong-un, you know, the guy that plays the bad dude's role for the communist government of China who, by the way, own him, pay his family....
"evolution"