US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by rats19 »

https://unitedwithisrael.org/10-reasons ... of-israel/

Good read for those not blinded by MSM
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Appears some Franken sense has arrived for Christmas
Liberal morals created a Frankenstein...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:Appears some Franken sense has arrived for Christmas
Liberal morals created a Frankenstein...
if it walks like a duck.....
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:https://unitedwithisrael.org/10-reasons ... of-israel/

Good read for those not blinded by MSM
This article is not logical.

The US should remain neutral if it wants Arab allies. Jerusalem maybe Israel’s historic capital but that was 2000 years ago. Arabs have been there just as long. Muslims can funny people it’s true but no more so than Jews.

They need to work there own shit out.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: The US should remain neutral if it wants Arab allies.
But isn't the USA being "neutral" with this move?

Was it "neutral" for the USA to not recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital all those years?

See, once upon a time Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995

... which made it the law to move the embassy to Jerusalem (Israel's capital).

However since then (every 6 months) each President has deferred the implementation of that law.

("Screw the law, the arabs might go nuts... again")

This particular time around, after 22 years, President Trump simply decided not to defer.

The law is the law and it's standard procedure to have the embassy in a nation's capital.

EDIT: Upon further reading I see POTUS did defer = it will take time to build the new embassy.

But he has made his intention clear and has put the wheels in motion...
ukcanuck wrote: Jerusalem maybe Israel’s historic capital but that was 2000 years ago. Arabs have been there just as long.
Ummmmm NO... Jerusalem was Israel's capital last month and...

.. in fact there has never been a day in history when Jerusalem was not Israel's capital. :eh:

What does "arabs being around" have to do with it?
ukcanuck wrote: Muslims can funny people...
"Funny" as in... they go nuts over things like this

... or "funny" as in HA HA?

Appeasing extremists has proven to be a failed strategy.
ukcanuck wrote: They need to work there own shit out.
Perhaps rightfully acknowledging the actual capital of Israel will help in that regard. :santa:

From there perhaps the "Palestinians" can work up to granting their neighbours the right to exist.

And from there perhaps they can begin to actually negotiate.

But I wouldn't count on it... they're funny people.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

President Obama acknowledges Jerusalem as capital of Israel and no one says "boo".

President Trump acknowledges Jerusalem as capital of Israel and everyone loses their shit.

But no one should be surprised the Donald announced the embassy will be moved.

From 6 months ago:
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senat ... le/2625016

Senate passes measure calling on Trump to move US Embassy to Jerusalem

Jun 5, 2017, 5:49 PM

The Senate on Monday passed a resolution calling on President Trump to "abide by" provision of a 1995 law moving the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

The Senate passed it in a 90-0 vote.

Trump promised during his campaign that he would move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, but in a reversal, signed an order on June 1 keeping the embassy in Tel Aviv, at least for now. The White House said it delayed the move to improve the chances of reaching a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
And yet the world is shocked...

SHOCKED

... that POTUS 'suddenly sprung some crazy idea of his own making'. :santa:

Worth noting that a few high-ranking libtards voted for the embassy to be moved to Jerusalem

... but are now all over Lord Trump for putting it in motion:

https://nypost.com/2017/12/06/democrati ... ypocrites/

Also from the article:

"For two decades, nearly every presidential nominee of either party has declared Jerusalem to be Israel’s undivided capital and supported moving the embassy. Some even attacked rival candidates for balking, only to do so themselves after taking office.

So credit Trump with calling everyone’s bluff by being the first to keep that promise
"

Seems all the hypocrites are attacking President Trump for not being a hypocrite. :wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Bush and Clinton same thing Doc
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote:Bush and Clinton same thing Doc
Yup, they too acknowledged Jerusalem as capital of Israel.

But they were too weak to abide by the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995.

President Trump is the only Prez to display the courage of his (America's) convictions

... and today's elected pathetically weaselly hypocrites are crucifying him for it.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Several years ago the US developed cookie cutter SAY IT WITH CONCRETE plans for their embassy compounds. The designs are scale to perceived threat and size of the mission.

Doubtful they can find enough land in JewRuSalem.....unless they bulldoze holy sites for both sides.

What could be more neutral than that?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:Several years ago the US developed cookie cutter SAY IT WITH CONCRETE plans for their embassy compounds. The designs are scale to perceived threat and size of the mission.

Doubtful they can find enough land in JewRuSalem.....unless they bulldoze holy sites for both sides.

What could be more neutral than that?
The Dome of the Rock comes in Drumpf’s colour. Maybe his peace deal includes a new hotel.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: The US should remain neutral if it wants Arab allies.
But isn't the USA being "neutral" with this move?

Was it "neutral" for the USA to not recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital all those years?

See, once upon a time Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995

... which made it the law to move the embassy to Jerusalem (Israel's capital).

However since then (every 6 months) each President has deferred the implementation of that law.

("Screw the law, the arabs might go nuts... again")

This particular time around, after 22 years, President Trump simply decided not to defer.

The law is the law and it's standard procedure to have the embassy in a nation's capital.

EDIT: Upon further reading I see POTUS did defer = it will take time to build the new embassy.

But he has made his intention clear and has put the wheels in motion...
ukcanuck wrote: Jerusalem maybe Israel’s historic capital but that was 2000 years ago. Arabs have been there just as long.
Ummmmm NO... Jerusalem was Israel's capital last month and...

.. in fact there has never been a day in history when Jerusalem was not Israel's capital. :eh:

What does "arabs being around" have to do with it?
ukcanuck wrote: Muslims can funny people...
"Funny" as in... they go nuts over things like this

... or "funny" as in HA HA?

Appeasing extremists has proven to be a failed strategy.
ukcanuck wrote: They need to work there own shit out.
Perhaps rightfully acknowledging the actual capital of Israel will help in that regard. :santa:

From there perhaps the "Palestinians" can work up to granting their neighbours the right to exist.

And from there perhaps they can begin to actually negotiate.

But I wouldn't count on it... they're funny people.
Its pretty simple, The Oslo Accords are AlREADY an agreement between Palestine and Israel for a two state solution in which the PLO famously agreed to Israel's right to exist and that a new Palestine would be set up in the West Bank and Gaza.

I might be wrong but I'm betting it's far less territory for the Arabs than was originally set out by the UN in the aftermath of WW2.

why is important for that that two state system to work is that eastern Jerusalem stays as palestine and those muslim holy sites stay in muslim hands.

Otherwise, with the hardline track record of the jews and with their settlement's slowly encroaching on arab homeland and with all of Jerusalem the capital supported by the US under their control. In order to get their temple back, they will choke off maintenance and repairs, they will severely limit visitation by all but the fewest arabs possible, deny the place water and power until it too is a ruin like the old wailing wall...and then the construction will begin...

I know you live in Abbotsford Doc, so I'm sure you're partial to the idea of the temple being rebuild so that Bible prophecy can be fulfilled. But the reality is that the only real solution for two peoples living on the same land for 1500 years to live peacefully is that two state solution, all muslim sites stay intact and east jerusalem becomes the second Capital. The jew's haven't had that temple since the romans destroyed 2000 years ago its ancient revisionism on their part it does not need to come back now at the expense of world peace. Can't see Jehovah liking that much?

And if it wasnt for that big pile of jewish cash in the states no american president would be supporting such "UnAmerican" practices by Israel

Especially that fat bastard Trump. I'm sure by the time all the ink is dry on the contract for a new embassy he will be cap in hand for money from the Israeli suburb of New York for reelection.

not exactly altruistic motivation I'd say...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Its pretty simple, The Oslo Accords are AlREADY an agreement between Palestine and Israel for a two state solution in which the PLO famously agreed to Israel's right to exist and that a new Palestine would be set up in the West Bank and Gaza.
STOP RIGHT THERE

You're a little behind the times as per usual.

See, 12 years ago, when the "Palestinians" voted Hamas into power

... they famously revoked Israel's right to exist.

Welcome to the new millennium, here are a quarter-million articles about dat dere:

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sour ... 8UtiIWWQc4

It's pretty simple.

So luckily for you, there is no need for me to correct the rest of your BS-laced post. :santa:

As I said, President Trump is merely abiding by the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995

... and the 90-0 Senate Resolution of June 2017.

And you people are losing your shit... again.

"fat bastard Trump!!" ?? ... shouldn't you be screaming "fat bastard America!!" or some-such?

But hey, as you say, "funny people"...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

rats19 wrote:
SKYO wrote:HOLY fuck this this palestine/israel/jew shit is about to blow up here like the olden days huh...........all thanks to Trump.
Not thanks to trump skyo...
Obama
Clinton
Bush. All recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Don’t believe the lefty liberal bullshit without doing a bit of homework

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailycal ... jerusalem/

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.abc.net. ... le/9234736
This Clinton quote from the second link you posted sums it all up:
"I have always wanted to move our embassy to west Jerusalem. We have a designated site there. I have not done so because I didn't want to do anything to undermine our ability to help to broker a secure and fair and lasting peace for Israelis and for Palestinians."

Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama all expressed a desire to recognise Jerusalem as Israel's capital when they ran for office. Once they had been installed in office and been briefed by intelligence they realized it would be a stupid thing to do, as it would almost certainly destabilise the region. Also, the UN peace plan for a two state solution suggests Jerusalem should be the capital of both countries, but leaves the details to be sorted out by the parties involved. What Trump does now goes afainst the Oslo peace accord and the UN peace plan.

For a mediator, like the US, to suggest that one party should get the whole pie, is really not helping. Which is what all the previous presidents understood, and why they blocked the 1995 law from going into effect.

Trump doesn't give a shit about the Middle East, and he sees he could score points domestically by doing this, and it was an unusually easy thing to do as i doesn't need to go through congress. Said and done.

And now the missiles are flying. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: This Clinton quote from the second link you posted sums it all up:
"I have always wanted to move our embassy to west Jerusalem. We have a designated site there. I have not done so because I didn't want to do anything to undermine our ability to help to broker a secure and fair and lasting peace for Israelis and for Palestinians."
Sounds like a chickenshit excuse and it's not like the peace plan was working.

AT ALL

As in "Not just merely dead but really most sincerely dead".

Time for a bold new peace plan...
Per wrote: What Trump does now goes afainst the Oslo peace accord and the UN peace plan.
Wrong, the embassy is moving to West Jerusalem.
Per wrote: For a mediator, like the US, to suggest that one party should get the whole pie, is really not helping.
Cool story bro... that is not happening here.
Per wrote: Trump doesn't give a shit about the Middle East
Wrong.
Per wrote: , and he sees he could score points domestically by doing this
Wrong.
Per wrote: , and it was an unusually easy thing to do as i doesn't need to go through congress. Said and done.
Doesn't need to go through Congress because it's already been through Congress. :eh:
Per wrote: And now the missiles are flying. :(
Buck up bucko! :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

We saw how well the previous three presidents waivers/decisions worked didn’t we.

Yah let’s do more of that