US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by SKYO »

SL's fave trump gonna get removed pretty quick.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:36 am SL's fave trump gonna get removed pretty quick.
How so?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

SKYO wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:36 am SL's fave trump gonna get removed pretty quick.
I've never played bridge with the doctor, so I would have no idea what his favourite trump is. :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:35 pm
I've never played bridge with the doctor, so I would have no idea what his favourite trump is. :|
I prefer no-trump in bridge and quite the opposite in politics.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, Hell; If we're gonna just post without explanations:
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house ... great-2018
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I'm no Trump supporter myself but I think many of those against Trump still don't understand at all why he was elected in the first place. I keep hearing the reasons he will be voted out of office in 2 years, which are basically just Democrats' viewpoints of why they wouldn't vote for him. There's no progress by Democrats in understanding the real, legitimate, reasons that Trump won the election. They're not all a bunch of deplorable, racist, misogynist voters, nor will they 'suddenly come to their senses'. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump won again.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:17 am I'm no Trump supporter myself but I think many of those against Trump still don't understand at all why he was elected in the first place. I keep hearing the reasons he will be voted out of office in 2 years, which are basically just Democrats' viewpoints of why they wouldn't vote for him. There's no progress by Democrats in understanding the real, legitimate, reasons that Trump won the election. They're not all a bunch of deplorable, racist, misogynist voters, nor will they 'suddenly come to their senses'. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump won again.
I think the main reason Trump was elected was Gerrymandering.
A majority of voters chose Hillary, but since most states use a winner take all system, and divide their states into districts that need to be won, rather than have the electors reflect the number of votes each candidate received, the end outcome was that the candidate that had the second most votes was declared the winner.

I know no other country that elects a president in this roundabout manner.
Last edited by Per on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:54 am
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:17 am I'm no Trump supporter myself but I think many of those against Trump still don't understand at all why he was elected in the first place. I keep hearing the reasons he will be voted out of office in 2 years, which are basically just Democrats' viewpoints of why they wouldn't vote for him. There's no progress by Democrats in understanding the real, legitimate, reasons that Trump won the election. They're not all a bunch of deplorable, racist, misogynist voters, nor will they 'suddenly come to their senses'. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump won again.
A majority of voters chose Hillary, but since most states use a winner take all system, and divide their states into districts that need to be won, rather than have the electors reflect the number of votes each candidate received, the end outcome was that the candidate that had the second most votes was declared the winner.

I no no other country that elects a president in this roundabout manner.
The same gerrymandering that elected Obama.

The difference is, Obama mobilized 100% of his 47%, Hilary mobilized 100% of the deplorables.

Abandon the College and the election is decided by NYC, Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles, win those cities and win the White House. Precisely why the electoral college exists.

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 pm

The same gerrymandering that elected Obama.

The difference is, Obama mobilized 100% of his 47%, Hilary mobilized 100% of the deplorables.

Abandon the College and the election is decided by NYC, Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles, win those cities and win the White House. Precisely why the electoral college exists.
Strangely agreeing with Topper here. Per, to restate my point, Democrats still don't appear to understand how Trump could have amassed nearly 63 million votes. You can't do that without striking a chord. They're not all deplorables you know.

And as they say, if you don't learn from history (even recent history), you're bound to repeat it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

So you agree with 5 that Trump will win again.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:33 pm

So you agree with 5 that Trump will win again.
There's no way he will win the popular vote, but it's not inconcievable that he could win the electorate college.
I've been around long enough to realize that there are parts of America we Europeans will never understand.

That being said, I doubt he will be reelected. But I don't think it's inconceivable.
The Anerican voters have let me down before.
Last edited by Per on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 pm Abandon the College and the election is decided by NYC, Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles, win those cities and win the White House. Precisely why the electoral college exists.
So you disagree with the premise that every vote should carry the same weight?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:19 pm Strangely agreeing with Topper here. Per, to restate my point, Democrats still don't appear to understand how Trump could have amassed nearly 63 million votes. You can't do that without striking a chord. They're not all deplorables you know.
I know. I spent a year in Iowa. Some (a minority but still) of the Iowans I have on facebook seem to like Trump.
Even people with good jobs and education. Sad.
And as they say, if you don't learn from history (even recent history), you're bound to repeat it.
Exactly. Which is why it's so hard to understand how people can vote for a watered down copy of Benito Mussolini.
A buffoon who promises to make his country great again, without really having a plan for it, spits at free trade and international treaties and thinks he himself should be above the law. I just don't get it. :|

But in the end Benito was hung from a lampost.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 pm Abandon the College and the election is decided by NYC, Chicago, Houston and Los Angeles, win those cities and win the White House. Precisely why the electoral college exists.
So you disagree with the premise that every vote should carry the same weight?
They do carry the same weight within their precinct.

Do you believe the inner city dweller has the same interest as the rural farmer?

Remember, College votes are distributed based upon census data.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.