US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28222
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:48 am AP has called it!

Cue the meltdown lol.
If it doesn't mean anything, why did they mention it.

And why did you mention it (and with an exclamation mark no less!)

And why would there be a meltdown?

The media (mostly) claims Biden won the election.

They call him "president elect"... he is not.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2427
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:30 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:24 pm Trump may just not hand over on inauguration day, against the will of the people.
Now see, that right there is crazy talk! :crazy:

You mad bro. And you crazy bro. You mad crazy bro! 8-)

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:24 pm That would be a coup.
NOPE. Coup = overthrow.

Biden & Co. would have to first have to be exercising power before there could be a "coup" against them. :-P
Okay, I'll give in on the semantics.

As for crazy talk, I sure hope you're right. But as Jim Jefferies said, who knows how crazy shit will get with Trump.
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2427
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:35 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:48 am AP has called it!

Cue the meltdown lol.
If it doesn't mean anything, why did they mention it.

And why did you mention it (and with an exclamation mark no less!)

And why would there be a meltdown?

The media (mostly) claims Biden won the election.

They call him "president elect"... he is not.
Must I hold your hand and walk you through this? Sheesh!

Why did you mention your call for the election when it means nothing?
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28222
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:35 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:48 am AP has called it!

Cue the meltdown lol.
If it doesn't mean anything, why did they mention it.

And why did you mention it (and with an exclamation mark no less!)

And why would there be a meltdown?

The media (mostly) claims Biden won the election.

They call him "president elect"... he is not.
Must I hold your hand and walk you through this? Sheesh!

Why did you mention your call for the election when it means nothing?
Don't twist things.

This is how we got to this point in the conversation:
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:45 pm There is a process to be followed, Biden doesn't get to declare victory, the media doesn't get to anoint a Prez, like what the fuck...
Nobody said the press decides anything.
And so... I described in my most recent post how the media has indeed "anointed" Biden as "president elect".

I said Trump will win, you said Biden will win

... but the press has already declared Biden the winner.

Do you see the difference? :scowl:

(another difference is that the media has a gazillion times the influence of you or I)

They "anointed" him "President Elect"... which is why the brainless zombies are saying Trump is attempting a "coup".

Do you see why I say you people are "brainwashed"?

Is any of this getting through?

This election has not been decided, there is a process to follow...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28222
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:41 pm As for crazy talk, I sure hope you're right. But as Jim Jefferies said, who knows how crazy shit will get with Trump.
Yeah, ummm, Jim Jefferies and the rest of the TDS zombie apocalypse are the crazy ones...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2427
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:57 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:35 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:48 am AP has called it!

Cue the meltdown lol.
If it doesn't mean anything, why did they mention it.

And why did you mention it (and with an exclamation mark no less!)

And why would there be a meltdown?

The media (mostly) claims Biden won the election.

They call him "president elect"... he is not.
Must I hold your hand and walk you through this? Sheesh!

Why did you mention your call for the election when it means nothing?
Don't twist things.

This is how we got to this point in the conversation:
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:45 pm There is a process to be followed, Biden doesn't get to declare victory, the media doesn't get to anoint a Prez, like what the fuck...
Nobody said the press decides anything.
And so... I described in my most recent post how the media has indeed "anointed" Biden as "president elect".

I said Trump will win, you said Biden will win

... but the press has already declared Biden the winner.

Do you see the difference? :scowl:

(another difference is that the media has a gazillion times the influence of you or I)

They "anointed" him "President Elect"... which is why the brainless zombies are saying Trump is attempting a "coup".

Do you see why I say you people are "brainwashed"?

Is any of this getting through?

This election has not been decided, there is a process to follow...
I'm twisting things lol. Are you jealous?

You're just getting your panties in a bunch over the press stating a foregone conclusion, that Biden is President-elect. Yet there's nothing wrong with Trump declaring massive fraud even though it's not his prerogative to decide what is fraud and what is not.

Double standard.
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28222
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 pm I'm twisting things lol. Are you jealous?
Why would I be jealous? :eh:

You just got busted for deception.

Hang your head in shame Horsey...

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:17 pm You're just getting your panties in a bunch over the press stating a foregone conclusion, that Biden is President-elect. Yet there's nothing wrong with Trump declaring massive fraud even though it's not his prerogative to decide what is fraud and what is not.

Double standard.
Of course it's Trump-poo's "prerogative" to allege fraud! :crazy:

But it's not the media's "prerogative" to decide what is or isn't "a foregone conclusion".

You're still twisting, in fact you're as twisted as those "panties" you're picturing me in.

"Double standard" :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2427
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by 5thhorseman »

You're jealous of your delusion. 😀

Trump isn't alleging fraud. He's declaring fraud.

G'nite.
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 28222
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Strangelove »

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:45 pm
Trumpy-poo is the current President of America.

(coup = overthrow)
Sure, Trumpy-poo is the current president, but Biden is the president-elect.
If Don Trumpleone does not step down in a timely fashion and hand the keys to Uncle Joe, it amounts to a coup.

It would be more sensible to suggest Biden & Co. are attempting a coup.
:lol:

Why would he attempt a coup? He already won, remember?

Even if Trump did have a case (which he doesn’t) it wouldn’t be enough to just overturn Pennsylvania.

Out of the states that Biden won narrowly (Arizona, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Georgia), he only needs three to win, so Trump would have to overturn the result in at least three states to win.

It won’t happen. :drink:

At least not in a legal fashion. :?

So, yes, the two options are really to concede or attempt a coup.

Any candidate with a shred of decency would already have conceded.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:35 pm
The media (mostly) claims Biden won the election.
The media are just reporting the results.

Not a single state election office has claimed that the media are wrong.

:thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3918
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Even if Trump did have a case (which he doesn’t) it wouldn’t be enough to just overturn Pennsylvania.

Out of the states that Biden won narrowly (Arizona, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Georgia), he only needs three to win, so Trump would have to overturn the result in at least three states to win.

It won’t happen. :drink:

At least not in a legal fashion. :?

So, yes, the two options are really to concede or attempt a coup.

Any candidate with a shred of decency would already have conceded.
How many Republican states did Biden win?

I think that the Giuliani greaseball lawyer way forward for Trump is to sew enough division into those States that Biden has won that have a republican legislature in order to pressure those legislatures to declare their state's elections too close to call or are unable to call and therefor are unable to send electors to the Electoral college for either candidate.

In such a case, I believe, though I am not sure, its up to Congress or the Senate or both to send those votes to the college for the state. Apparently, such a scenario would be technically be all constitutional and shady legal but I cant imagine what would be left of the United States with 4 more years of Trump.

What's that term Doc always tosses around TDS, Clearly it has a new meaning now...
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:10 pm I think that the Giuliani greaseball lawyer way forward for Trump is to sew enough division into those States that Biden has won that have a republican legislature in order to pressure those legislatures to declare their state's elections too close to call or are unable to call and therefor are unable to send electors to the Electoral college for either candidate.

In such a case, I believe, though I am not sure, its up to Congress or the Senate or both to send those votes to the college for the state. Apparently, such a scenario would be technically be all constitutional and shady legal ...
Technically they could do that, but it would be the end of democracy in the USA.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 8052
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:05 am
ukcanuck wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:10 pm I think that the Giuliani greaseball lawyer way forward for Trump is to sew enough division into those States that Biden has won that have a republican legislature in order to pressure those legislatures to declare their state's elections too close to call or are unable to call and therefor are unable to send electors to the Electoral college for either candidate.

In such a case, I believe, though I am not sure, its up to Congress or the Senate or both to send those votes to the college for the state. Apparently, such a scenario would be technically be all constitutional and shady legal ...
Technically they could do that, but it would be the end of democracy in the USA.
And the Democrats plans to stack the supreme court, nix the filibuster, and make broad sweeping changes to the US electoral system and constitution, would NOT be the end of democracy in the USA?

I'm not saying they will do this, or even actually try to do this, but those are things that some of their members are all for.

I'm not sure how it works in Sweden, but here we don't get much say after the election takes place. Governments just make changes as they see fit. Personally I think a true democracy would require that the passing of any major law, or changing to rights, etc., should be done via national referendum. Literally let the people decide, not the elected representatives who don't actually represent their constituents.
User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6830
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sweden

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:42 pm Out of the states that Biden won narrowly (Arizona, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Georgia), he only needs three to win, so Trump would have to overturn the result in at least three states to win.

It won’t happen. :drink:
Oops! I see now that I wrote Nebraska instead of Nevada... :oops:
Basically neither should be there, because in the end Nevada wasn't even close.

So basically, it's down to Pennsylvania, Arizona, Wisconsin and Georgia, those four, and Trump needs to flip three to win.

He can't do it. At least not legally. But that won't stop the litigious sore loser from trying.

It's an embarassment.

What is concerning from an outsiders perspective is that while he is on this wild goose chase through the courts, he is simultanously replacing a lot of top brass in Pentagon with ass-kissers and stooges. That does seem a bit ominous. :|


Anyway, if the results we have from the different states stand, as they should, it is a 306 vs 232 victory for Biden.
Perhaps not a landslide or blowout, but a fairly decisive victory.

Looking at the popular vote, it's currently* standing at 77.6 million for Biden and 72.3 million for Trump. A 5 million margin. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ion_recirc

The people have spoken! :thumbs:


*All of California hasn't been counted yet, so the final tally could give Biden an even greater margin.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Post Reply