US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per »

I must admit that I frowned back when George HW Bush (the original Bush,the one with a brain) said "I will never apologize for America, no matter what the facts are." I could sympathize with the first part, about standing up for your country, but the "no matter what the facts are" seemed a bit over the top and rather arrogant. Yet I do prefer arrogance over ignorance and I realize now that his stance is at least less frustrating than watching Donald Trump selling out his country and bending over backwards to kiss Putin's ass while apologizing for the USA being to harsh on Moscow.

And I guess Paul Ryan agrees:
... So it’s notable that Ryan went out of his way to criticize Trump's performance in Helsinki on Monday alongside Russian President Vladimir Putin. Within hours of that stunning news conference, where Trump wouldn’t say he believes U.S. intelligence chiefs over Putin about Russian interference in the 2016 election, Ryan was out with this statement:

"There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world. That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence. The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... b643d89638
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

It seems Trump has finally managed to unite the country; republicans and democrats of the house seem to agree fully on how disastrous his meeting with Putin was:
The following are some of the comments by U.S. Senators and Representatives:

Republican Senator John McCain statement:

“Today’s press conference in Helsinki was one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory. The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate ... The summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.”

“No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant.”

Republican Senator Lindsey Graham on Twitter:

“Missed opportunity by President Trump to firmly hold Russia accountable for 2016 meddling and deliver a strong warning ... This answer by President Trump will be seen by Russia as a sign of weakness and create far more problems than it solves.”

House of Representatives Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi statement:

“President Trump’s weakness in front of Putin was embarrassing, and proves that the Russians have something on the President, personally, financially or politically.”

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell speaking to reporters:

“The Russians are not our friends and I entirely believe the assessment of our intelligence community.”

House Speaker Paul Ryan statement:

“The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals.”

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer news conference:

“In the history of our country, Americans have never seen a president of the United States support an adversary in the way Trump supported President Putin.”

“He took the word of the KGB over the men and women of the CIA.”

Republican Senator John Cornyn speaking to reporters:

“Engaging with even somebody as evil as Putin is necessary ... the way I interpret it is the president was trying to maintain some rapport with him but clearly I disagree with Mr. Putin and I agree with our intelligence officials that they did attempt to meddle in the election.”

Republican Senator Jeff Flake on Twitter:

“I never thought I would see the day when our American President would stand on the stage with the Russian President and place blame on the United States for Russian aggression. This is shameful.”

Democratic Representative Adam Schiff on Twitter:

“President Trump just attacked our intelligence agencies and law enforcement for doing their jobs while standing next to a dictator who intervened in our election to help elect Trump.”

“Putin will take this as a green light to interfere in 2018, and it is. Cowardly and shameful.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN1K62P2
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

But it wasn't until Fox and Friends told he should correct his statement that he actually did. :D What a complete joke.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:45 pm It's true what I said about Brennan and it's true that The Donald always has a bigger plan.

BEST PRESIDENT EVER*

*as confirmed by RT, Sputnik, Breitbart and other Kremlin controlled "news" sites.
FYP

You should always remember to include sources.

:drink:
Last edited by Per on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lord Trump accomplished many positive things on this trip

... of course the leftist media likes to ignore these things and focus upon other things.

But, c'est la vie, moving along...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07 ... dings.html

"I came back and said 'What is going on, what’s the big deal?'” Trump said, adding that he reviewed the transcript and "realized that there is a need for some clarification."

The president told reporters that he meant to say he doesn't see why Russia "wouldn't" be responsible.

“I said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't' ...
So he meant to say "I don't see any reason why Russia wouldn't be behind election meddling".

You're thoughts Reef? :mex:

(of course I'm asking the leftist media through their puppet Reefer here)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'll edit this quote when he says the opposite tomorrow:
TOPOS wrote:"Let me be totally clear in saying that, and I've said this many times, I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. There's a lot of people out there."
Right up there with "fine people on both sides" regarding the racists and nazis, and those opposing the racists and nazis.

Yep - "there's a lot of people out there".... such a great comment from a stable genius. :D
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm .

Lord Trump accomplished many positive things on this trip
List one.
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm ... of course the leftist media likes to ignore these things and focus on others.

But, moving along...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07 ... dings.html

"I came back and said 'What is going on, what’s the big deal?'” Trump said, adding that he reviewed the transcript and "realized that there is a need for some clarification."

The president told reporters that he meant to say he doesn't see why Russia "wouldn't" be responsible.

“I said the word 'would' instead of 'wouldn't' ...
So he meant to say "I don't see any reason why Russia wouldn't be behind election meddling".

You're thoughts Reef? :mex:

(of course I'm asking the leftist media through their puppet Reefer here)
lol there is no way you actually believe that.

Even your beloved propaganda machine Fox News and the conservative Wall Street Journal were calling him out.
Wall Street Journal wrote: Details from the private Trump-Putin talks in Helsinki will spill out in coming days, but Monday’s joint press conference was a personal and national embarrassment. On stage with the dictator whose election meddling has done so much harm to his Presidency, Mr. Trump couldn’t even bring himself to say he believed his own intelligence advisers like Dan Coats over the Russian strongman.
It's obvious why you're getting the "Deplorables" comparison in the hockey forums. Trump or Benning, you refuse to concede "your boy" is capable of making mistakes.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:32 pm Even your beloved propaganda machine Fox News and the conservative Wall Street Journal were calling him out.
Yes they were upset... right until Lord Trump clarified his statement today.

BTW them getting upset and "calling him out" yesterday

... is proof positive you are "Wrongo Luongo" about them being "propaganda machines". :mex:

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:32 pm Trump or Benning, you refuse to concede "your boy" is capable of making mistakes.
:eh:

UMMMMMMM... didn't I just admit Lord Trump "made a mistake" when he misspoke (Re: would/wouldn't) ?

BTW I asked puppet Reefer to relay today's leftist propaganda. :wink:

EDIT: Among "positive things on this trip"...

- many billion$ more to USA from Nato members

- repaired some of the damaged US relations with Russia (think nuclear capabilites)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:32 pm I'll edit this quote when he says the opposite tomorrow:
TOPOS wrote:"Let me be totally clear in saying that, and I've said this many times, I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. There's a lot of people out there."
Right up there with "fine people on both sides" regarding the racists and nazis, and those opposing the racists and nazis.

Yep - "there's a lot of people out there".... such a great comment from a stable genius. :D
"Give a liberal a fish and he’ll eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he’ll call you a racist." :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:16 pm EDIT: Among "positive things on this trip"...

- many billion$ more to USA from Nato members

- repaired some of the damaged US relations with Russia (think nuclear capabilites)
1.That's not how NATO works, and
2. I guess if your idea of repairing relations is lying down. :thumbs:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:42 pm 1.That's not how NATO works
In a roundabout way it is...
Island Nucklehead wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:42 pm 2. I guess if your idea of repairing relations is lying down. :thumbs:
Your masters keep it simple.

When he defies Russia's threats by sending warships to bomb the hell out of Syria

... call him a "warmonger who is going to spark WWIII".

When he makes nice with Russia

... call him a "colluding traitorous puppet".

Haters gunna hate...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:32 pm I'll edit this quote when he says the opposite tomorrow:

“Thank you very much, no,” Trump said in response to a question from a reporter about whether Russia is still targeting the United States.
As expected.... another reversal.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP