MLB playoffs

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by Topper »

Should have seen the kids in the school yard across the lane when I chopped down the last vestiges of Mrs Topper's garden with a machete. Be Stihl my bleeding heart.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Good to see the old dog still knows where he buried his toys.
Fuck you, I'm in the midst of packing, we're moving to new digs at the end of the month.
Trick or treat, imagine the looks on faces in the hood when Topper with beard+hair down to there, with gleam in eye, starts carting in his weapons and God knows what in the pouring rain on Halloween! :lol:

Is it fair to assume you have a perpetual gleam in your eye Toppy? :drink:
I have checked the Watch, man and have it on good authority that this is a true and Extraordinary rare pic of the aformentioned Mr. Topper, in a League all his own, no Vendetta, but he is in the Top 10 Gentlemen!
He is not From Hell but rather a Lost Girl.

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Should have seen the kids in the school yard across the lane when I chopped down the last vestiges of Mrs Topper's garden with a machete. Be Stihl my bleeding heart.
Makes one wonder if one should dig further. As in: under the mule. Butt seriously, this is the kind of post of which we are in dire need of more. I was away for a coupla weeks and the process of catching up provoked plenty of yawning + farting indeed! The best part... imesho... was when El Toppo kicked some serious ass in the Booth thread. Well done Mr T, you're beautiful when you're angry!

Time for others to help raise the bar says I.

Yes hockey is the game but, let's face it, we're here for the game within the game amirite? :mex:

And the game within that.

BTW I was at a christian retreat upcountry, thanks for asking.

Good eating!

Nuthin like fresh kill and stolen potatoes....

EDIT: The part where GM showed up and quadrupled the time Lever has left was also rather enjoyable. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:
Fuck you, I'm in the midst of packing, we're moving to new digs at the end of the month.
Trick or treat, imagine the looks on faces in the hood when Topper with beard+hair down to there, with gleam in eye, starts carting in his weapons and God knows what in the pouring rain on Halloween! :lol:

Is it fair to assume you have a perpetual gleam in your eye Toppy? :drink:
I have checked the Watch, man and have it on good authority that this is a true and Extraordinary rare pic of the aformentioned Mr. Topper, in a League all his own, no Vendetta, but he is in the Top 10 Gentlemen!
He is not From Hell but rather a Lost Girl.

Bravo, notice the gleam:

____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote:EDIT: The part where GM showed up and quadrupled the time Lever has left was also rather enjoyable. :D
So you're looking forward to my death in 5-10 years eh?

Nice.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:
Strangelove wrote:EDIT: The part where GM showed up and quadrupled the time Lever has left was also rather enjoyable. :D
So you're looking forward to my death in 5-10 years eh?

Nice.
No Donny, like I said I quite enjoyed the suggestion you might carry on carrying on for another 20-40. :D

Unfortunately, with Armageddon just around the corner that's highly unlikely good buddy.

I wasn't crackin' wise about age or all those cigarettes if that is what you were wondering. :look:

*wonders to whom Spidey will sell his surplus solar energy in a post-apocalypse world*

*wonders how much solar power can be generated in a nuclear winter*
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
donlever wrote:

I'd keep Cano.
I probably would too. That said i tie a can to Grandy and Swisher. I pay 1/2 of A -Roid's ticket ..... maybe more to kick him and his purple lips out of the Bronx. Go all in on David Wright, Delmon Young and Josh Hamilton. Land 2/3 and it's a great winter. Bring back Ichy and Ibanez on one year deals. Pineda and Rivera will be back next year.
No luck on CG being shown the door Blob.

The New York Yankees have exercised their $15 million contract options for second baseman Robinson Cano and outfielder Curtis Granderson for next season.

Cano hit .313 with 33 home runs and 94 RBIs this season and Granderson hit 43 homers and drove in 106 runs, but with a .232 average. The Yankees were swept in the ALCS by the Detroit Tigers, who went on to lose the World Series to San Francisco.

Both players had dreadful postseasons. In the playoffs, Cano hit .075 (3 for 40) with no home runs, including a 29 at-bat hitless streak. Granderson was 3 for 30 with 16 strikeouts.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: The best part... imesho... was when El Toppo kicked some serious ass in the Booth thread. Well done Mr T, you're beautiful when you're angry!
I didn't think the ass was that serious, butt thanks.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote:

No luck on CG being shown the door Blob.

The New York Yankees have exercised their $15 million contract options for second baseman Robinson Cano and outfielder Curtis Granderson for next season.

Cano hit .313 with 33 home runs and 94 RBIs this season and Granderson hit 43 homers and drove in 106 runs, but with a .232 average. The Yankees were swept in the ALCS by the Detroit Tigers, who went on to lose the World Series to San Francisco.

Both players had dreadful postseasons. In the playoffs, Cano hit .075 (3 for 40) with no home runs, including a 29 at-bat hitless streak. Granderson was 3 for 30 with 16 strikeouts.
Hmmm.... obviously Swisher is done, probably Kuroda( like to have him back but he will demand huge cake) , likely Soriano is out with Rivera coming back. That saves them around 30 mill. I could see them trying to find a dance partner for A -Roid but they'll either have to eat a big chunk of his ticket or take another contract back..... Carl Crawford maybe ??

Cashman can't stand still. The team needs to get guys who actually want to be Yankees and have some fucking pride. Where is the new Tino, Brosius, Bernie Williams, Posada, O'Neil etc ?? Guys who had power but would engage in 10 pitch ABs. Too many free swingers with this group.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote: The best part... imesho... was when El Toppo kicked some serious ass in the Booth thread. Well done Mr T, you're beautiful when you're angry!
I didn't think the ass was that serious, butt thanks.
Damn you Doc, right again, if by serious you mean large.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Damn you Doc, right again, if by serious you mean large.
:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Redneck rancher trick. Jehovah Witness's go missing in redneck rancher territory. Cops come looking and find what appears to be a fresh shallow grave and begin excavating.

They stop digging when they find the dead mule.
Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote: El Toppo kicked some serious ass in the Booth thread.
Damn you Doc, right again, if by serious you mean large.
Sometimes you stick an ass in the ground, sometimes an ass is ground by your stick. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

2016 world series is crazy!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Canucks have a new record to shoot for.... 109 years?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

God I hope not.....all the more reason to tank for Patrick or trade for S. Reinhart. 8-)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.