EA Sports NHL 13 league

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

EA Sports NHL 13 league

Post by Madcombinepilot »

well, if anyone wants to join the GM league "Iron League", let me know.

I am on PS3, not sure if that matters to all the xbox junkies...

I shall get my hockey fix!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: EA Sports NHL 13 league

Post by Meds »

I've got a 360. It's a bit retarded that you can't cross-platform for online gaming when it is the same game from the same production studio...

I also wish that EA Sports had put the same effort into their PC offerings. They just completely let it go after 06. Didn't even bother updating the skins. Finally they dropped it completely. Lame. I've always been a bigger fan of PC gaming. NHL2004 was far and away my favorite of the NHL series, they had just gotten a good thing going and then trashed it with 2005.

So far I'm loving the skating of 13, but they still have the ridiculous problem with the goaltending.....the CPU can light your goaltender up at will. It's retarded when you play the Blue Jackets and Mason lets in 4 goals on 40 shots and your goaltender can be a guy like Rinne and he lets in 3 on 15. Sure a win is a win, but it's pretty useless, especially so when you play near perfect positional defense and it makes no difference. My point men are also equally useless at receving passes or moving towards a loose puck.

Overall it is an improvement in many respects, EA still has a long way to go in some aspects, but they have certainly improved the feel of a game played on skates.