Free Pussy Riot!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Free Pussy Riot!

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:I'm a born again pagan.
as long as you are not a sacrificed pagan, cus that would be shitty
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Just imagine wot Mr Stalin would've done with critics such as Pusst Riot! :crazy:
I give you that. Putin is not as bad as Stalin. But then - who is? Or was? :roll:

Off the top pf your head, can you name three rulers worse than Stalin?

I'd say Hitler might probably be a tie. They both ruthlessly invaded and subdued neighbouring nations, opressed minorities and killed of critics. Hitler's blatant racism might seem to give him an edge, but Stalin's constant purging of those nearest him makes him look really scary too. He even let his own son die in a prison camp. After Trotsky was murdered with an ice pick in Mexico, Stalin was the only surviving member of the revolutionary committee of 1917, and he had helped kill off most of the others himself... Today many even believe he may have poisoned Lenin.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/08/healt ... ctors.html

Anyway, in the comparisson to Hitler, one most remember that as badass as Adolf was, Joseph managed to kill several times as many people as he did. I've heard figures of 75 million for Joe compared to roughly 15 million for Adolf.

A personal opinion is that Pol Pot might make the top of the list when it comes to pure evil. He completely destroyed his own country, killed off millions of people for odd reasons like wearing glasses or speaking a foreign language, and then used their corpses as fertilizer. It's hard to top that. But he never had the same global impact as the other two.

Anyways, imho we should not measure Putin against previous Russian dictators, but against the standards of modern democracy, and when graded on that scale I don't think he's doing very well.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote: I guess here in the Godless West the last place one would go to make a political statement is a church, they are flippin empty...I guess you could go and interrupt a gay pride parade to slag Steven Harper....Oh wait, no one would notice there either... Shit where would one go to upset Harper and the the good folk of Canada's sensibilities ??
Isn't it obvious? Centre ice of a hockey stadium during an NHL game.
Storm the ice as the teams are getting ready for face off.

8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I feel Putin is going to rue the day he decided to try and silence his critics in this age of social networking. These wanna-be dictators are going the way of the dinosaurs.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

call me Adolph Stalin but they should have known better than try to harm the sanctity of a church...these are places of worship and held dearly to some peoples hearts and they should not have their values tramped on by a group of stupid women...and they should have taken their masks off...how can you be proud of what you have done while hiding your face doing it...

P.S I have never gone to church other than a wedding.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Per wrote:Btw, here's a link to the performance that may give them up to 7 years in prison:

They should get 7 years for being bloody awful.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:I'm a born again pagan.
Buddy, one can be a christian and still plow the hell outta Nadezdha Tolokonnikova!

(in case you were wondering....) :D
Pick up your plowshares and run a train on time.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Is this the first rebellious music since God Save the Queen was released? :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Pick up your plowshares and run a train on time.
Listen mate if God had meant trains to run on time He wouldn’t have given us patience wot?

And if He preferred plowshares to swords He wouldn’t have placed limits on said patience.

WOT?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Potatoe1 wrote: They should get 7 years for being bloody awful.
Per wrote: A personal opinion is that Pot might make the top of the list when it comes to pure evil.
Pot was a mod for quite some time at another site, let's just hope Rats19 wasn't taking notes. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Just imagine wot Mr Stalin would've done with critics such as Pusst Riot! :crazy:
I give you that. Putin is not as bad as Stalin. But then - who is? Or was? :roll:

I'd say Hitler might probably be a tie. They both ruthlessly invaded and subdued neighbouring nations, opressed minorities and killed of critics. Hitler's blatant racism might seem to give him an edge, but Stalin's constant purging of those nearest him makes him look really scary too. He even let his own son die in a prison camp. After Trotsky was murdered with an ice pick in Mexico, Stalin was the only surviving member of the revolutionary committee of 1917, and he had helped kill off most of the others himself... Today many even believe he may have poisoned Lenin.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/08/healt ... ctors.html

Anyway, in the comparisson to Hitler, one most remember that as badass as Adolf was, Joseph managed to kill several times as many people as he did. I've heard figures of 75 million for Joe compared to roughly 15 million for Adolf.

A personal opinion is that Pol Pot might make the top of the list when it comes to pure evil. He completely destroyed his own country, killed off millions of people for odd reasons like wearing glasses or speaking a foreign language, and then used their corpses as fertilizer. It's hard to top that. But he never had the same global impact as the other two.

Anyways, imho we should not measure Putin against previous Russian dictators, but against the standards of modern democracy, and when graded on that scale I don't think he's doing very well.
At least Stalin was a fantastic quote machine

- The Death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic

- The only real power comes out of a long rifle

- Death is the solution to all problems - no man, no problem

- Gratitude is a sickness suffered by dogs

- Everyone imposes his own systems as far as his army can reach

- I trust not one, not even myself

- we don't let them have ideas, why would we let them have guns
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Listen mate if God had meant trains to run on time He wouldn’t have given us patience wot?

And if He preferred plowshares to swords He wouldn’t have placed limits on said patience.

WOT?
Like they say in Dawson, "you never loose your girlfriend, you just miss your turn."
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

WOT?
Like they say in Dawson, "you never loose your girlfriend, you just miss your turn."
:D :D :D
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Nope can't beat Stalin unless you factor in the total deaths of World War Two (60 million) which can basically all be pinned on old uncle Addie...
check out the list of the top ten greatest killers of man
http://listverse.com/2010/11/02/10-grea ... rs-of-man/
starting with a Finn sniper and ending with father time...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Heh, that's a riot, anaonymous pussies sitting behind computers bitching about a bunch of (Canadian?! :o ) girzl with bigger balls than them to stand up for what they think is right... :lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)