A team of mine defeats Boston in 7 games. Go Heat Go!

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: A team of mine defeats Boston in 7 games. Go Heat Go!

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:Waddya expect with a woman running the show.
:shock:

*links HW to Donny's message*
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

donlever wrote:The Heat can go fuck a donkey.
Don't know if I told you guys this, but I flew to Miami to watch the Heat/Spurs Game 7. It was an impromptu decision that I made at like 1:30 a.m. And ended up catching a 6:00 a.m.

I hadn't planned on actually being in attendance (was planning to watch in a bar or watch in streets), but I was lucky enough to get standing tickets inside the arena.

Fuck. Miami knows how to throw a party. Partied in the streets until almost 5AM.

A part of my decision for going to this game was to "make up" for Canucks/Bruins 2 years earlier.

Since the Heat have been my chosen NBA team since the days of Pat Riley, and have enjoyed a great amount of success over the past decade, I felt like I owed it to my team to be there......and so I went.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:

This "chosen" team in the NBA, NFL, MLB that you do....
I don't get it, unless you live there, or are from there. it just kinda seems fake, like picking a team for jersey colour or some pop culture player of the moment craze.

shithawks and mariners sure but miami... who gives toss?
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

This "chosen" team in the NBA, NFL, MLB that you do....
I don't get it, unless you live there, or are from there. it just kinda seems fake, like picking a team for jersey colour or some pop culture player of the moment craze.

shithawks and mariners sure but miami... who gives toss?
You're most likely a troll, but I'll give it a whirl.

Fans can choose to cheer a team for the simple fact that they like certain players. In my case, Miami Heat was always one of my favorite teams because I liked Pat Riley.

Along with the Heat, I liked the Chicago Bulls in the 90's due to Jordan. I then co-cheered the Lakers due to Shaq's presence. When Shaq moved to the Heat, I decided to commit fully to the Heat and have stayed with them since.

You don't have to live in a city to like a certain teams style of play, and hence, follow them.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Cornuck wrote:One day you'll learn the differences between dark humour, such as Topper's remark above, and your attempts at humour by using sexist, racist comments.

[Mod edit: You're still not getting it]

donlever wrote: Geez FL, I'll take this opportunity to say goodbye, again.
I was thinking about whether to bring this up or not, but I guess I will.

I think I do owe Cornuck a long overdue apology for my comment last year, and I'm glad that he's allowed me the opportunity to post on here again when I severely sprained my ankle about 7-8 weeks ago. Big thanks to rats19 as well for going to bat to me, as I really do appreciate it.

The real truth is that I deliberately wanted to get banned from here when I made the original comment towards Cornuck.

The fact of the matter is that I needed time away from the boards and hockey in general. The cup loss to the Bruins took a lot more out of me as a person than I had ever expected. Looking back on the whole thing, I should've treated the cup loss like a funeral for an immediate family member as opposed to a regular sporting loss........as this was obviously no ordinary sporting loss given how much emotion and time that I spent towards the Canucks.

It took me about 2 years to start feeling good and refreshed about hockey again.

The cup loss, as crazy as this will sound, was quite possibly the toughest thing I've ever had to deal with in life.......for the simple fact that I didn't know how to categorize the loss in my mind (if that makes sense). For example: Death of a family member = proper mourning as it should be. Miami Heat/BC Lions/Toronto Blue Jays losing = be upset for 15-20 minutes and then move on. Seattle Seahawks losing = be upset for 5-7 days, then move on.

Thankfully, the BC Lions and Miami Heat won a Grey Cup and NBA Championships since 2011 to keep me sane.

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:One day you'll learn the differences between dark humour, such as Topper's remark above, and your attempts at humour by using sexist, racist comments.

[Mod edit: You're still not getting it]
In Johannesburg, a wealthy property owner in a mostly white suburb recalls talking to his neighbour, a black entrepreneur with a smaller house and garden. “He tells me his house is worth more than mine and I ask why, man, why would that be, look at my house and at yours, and he says, ‘Yes, but I don’t have any black neighbours’.”
The Economist
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper, you shaved! :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Movember is for amateurs.

Also a reflection on how I school the kids on a god damn hockey message board.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote:
In Johannesburg, a wealthy property owner in a mostly white suburb recalls talking to his neighbour, a black entrepreneur with a smaller house and garden. “He tells me his house is worth more than mine and I ask why, man, why would that be, look at my house and at yours, and he says, ‘Yes, but I don’t have any black neighbours’.”
The Economist

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The ol' Jason Kidd 'Hit Me' trick for a timeout when you don't have any left...

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.