My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9639
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:50 am

In that part of the world anything not bolted down is fair game. We stayed at Chilcotin Lodge at Riske Creek and had a quad and jerry can stolen from the back of a pickup. The cut the tie downs and dropped it out of the truck, left the chainsaw in the truck because that might get them a job.

Cops found the quad about a month later in a ditch probably a gas can away from where it was taken.

You may be able to get fuel at Tolko's Big Meadow camp if you are in that area.

Were you hunting sheep?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9243
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: My Truck...

Post by SKYO » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Cruising past topper...

Image
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10709
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: My Truck...

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 pm

Is that Toppers new sled ?

Does he mainline whiskey into his veins too ?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9243
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: My Truck...

Post by SKYO » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:47 pm

It's a bitch to parallel park.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9639
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:04 pm

SKYO wrote:It's a bitch to parallel park.
No it isn't.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3433
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: My Truck...

Post by ukcanuck » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:03 am

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:It's a bitch to parallel park.
No it isn't.
That thing belongs in Dubai

I'm sure the sheik would die of envy

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9243
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: My Truck...

Post by SKYO » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:51 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Is that Toppers new sled ?

Does he mainline whiskey into his veins too ?
whiskey and tar sands'! ayy
Last edited by SKYO on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1498
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: My Truck...

Post by BladesofSteel » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:26 am

Topper wrote:In that part of the world anything not bolted down is fair game. We stayed at Chilcotin Lodge at Riske Creek and had a quad and jerry can stolen from the back of a pickup. The cut the tie downs and dropped it out of the truck, left the chainsaw in the truck because that might get them a job.

Cops found the quad about a month later in a ditch probably a gas can away from where it was taken.

You may be able to get fuel at Tolko's Big Meadow camp if you are in that area.

Were you hunting sheep?
That fuckin' sucks.

No sheep, but met a few guys that had tags. Not sure I'm down for that kind of hunting yet. No, we were hunting mulies, but I had a bear tag too. Almost shot a bear on the way out, but they're just too quick that time of year. Was looking forward to a winter full of stews, and a nice rug for our newborn.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9243
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: My Truck...

Post by SKYO » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Conversely you can chop dudes heads off...
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9639
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:02 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:
Topper wrote:In that part of the world anything not bolted down is fair game. We stayed at Chilcotin Lodge at Riske Creek and had a quad and jerry can stolen from the back of a pickup. The cut the tie downs and dropped it out of the truck, left the chainsaw in the truck because that might get them a job.

Cops found the quad about a month later in a ditch probably a gas can away from where it was taken.

You may be able to get fuel at Tolko's Big Meadow camp if you are in that area.

Were you hunting sheep?
That fuckin' sucks.

No sheep, but met a few guys that had tags. Not sure I'm down for that kind of hunting yet. No, we were hunting mulies, but I had a bear tag too. Almost shot a bear on the way out, but they're just too quick that time of year. Was looking forward to a winter full of stews, and a nice rug for our newborn.
I want to drive through to Lillooett down that way.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9243
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: My Truck...

Post by SKYO » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Which one of ya'll are in my hood in East Vancouver?

Image
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10709
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: My Truck...

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:51 pm

I want to shoot my truck . 2006 f -150 in the last six weeks has cooked a fuel pump , a tranny , an alternator and a battery .i have to keep this piece of shit for at least another year . I have been sitting on a bag of peas and rubbing lotion on my ankles lately .
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9639
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I want to shoot my truck . 2006 f -150 in the last six weeks has cooked a fuel pump , a tranny , an alternator and a battery .i have to keep this piece of shit for at least another year . I have been sitting on a bag of peas and rubbing lotion on my ankles lately .
Sounds like Toyota's response to the frame rust recall service Penticton Toyota completely botched on my truck.

Through on a set set of 235/85/16 Goodyear Duratracs last month. LOL, some folks claim they are too narrow for these trucks.

Image
Image
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10709
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: My Truck...

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:41 am

If I had the money I'd buy a brand new Toyota Tacoma . Gorgeous truck . I like the Chev too . Honestly I need to buy something two years old with a bit of warranty left . I don't have the cash to buy brand new and don't want a payment . We just acquired another lot so we're now into three properties with only one of them paid off . My buddy just picked up a 2004 Chevy Silverado for 10 k . It had 96k on it . Still a baby . There are good deals out there you just have to look . I think in the next 12-18 months though I need something different . My price range will be 20-25 k . Probably stuck with a Ford or a fucking Dodge . :mad:
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10709
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: My Truck...

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:43 am

Hey where is that picture taken with all those dead lodge pole pines in the background ?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Post Reply