My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: My Truck...

Post by Aaronp18 »

Ur high. :mex: :P

The Eco-Diesels are made to be more efficient but have the guts to carry a load when needed. The F150s tested with the Power Stoke can get under 10L/100km and they have just under a 100L litre tank. Less time at the pump is an added bonus.

I'm not going to tow 6000+ lbs on a regular basis but I want the vehicle for when I do, and if it adds fuel economy over a gasser I don't see why I shouldn't go with one of the turbo diesels next go round.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

You start playing with fords you're in for pain dude. The only ones that seem to be without never ending issues is the base model with the 6cyl gas engines.

We lease 200+ brand new trucks every year up here and those things are fucking junk. They're being sent back to the dealerships for service almost non stop...except the ghetto base model versions i mentioned.

We got a few of the new rams...the first dodge stuff I've driven thats not a crappy piece of shit. Not sure about the reliability yet.

The chev 1/2 tons with the 5.3 are by far the best ones made. The tundras also are decent but have retarded box to cab options. Why the hell cant they make a decent box length with a crew?

These trucks get the shit kicked out of them by us. Theyre bouncing down haul roads in and out of the mines. Its a good test range for trucks
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:02 pm The chev 1/2 tons with the 5.3 are by far the best ones made. The tundras also are decent but have retarded box to cab options. Why the hell cant they make a decent box length with a crew?

These trucks get the shit kicked out of them by us. Theyre bouncing down haul roads in and out of the mines. Its a good test range for trucks
Those don't get great fuel economy though, awesome trucks! Honestly for the amount of hard work I would use it for the Tundra would kill me in gas, the 5.3L isn't much better. I'm not going to kick the shit out of a vehicle, it would be 10-20% hard work and mostly straightforward stuff.

Really like the truck Topper posted in the HT forum.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Any word on the Cummins Nissans?

I know diehard Ford/Chev guys who go Dodge because of the Cummins. I know Chev guys who have swapped them into Suburbans, Ford guys who have swapped them into F350's.
Last edited by Topper on Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:59 pm Any word on the Cummings Nissans?

I know diehard Ford/Chev guys who go Dodge because of the Cummings. I know Chev guys who have swapped them into Suburbans, Ford guys who have swapped them into F350's.
If they throw that in the Titan I'd look into it!

Didn't know Nissan was going that way,
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:09 pm

I know diehard Ford/Chev guys who go Dodge because of the Cummings. I know Chev guys who have swapped them into Suburbans, Ford guys who have swapped them into F350's.

5L V8 turbo diesel

https://www.nissan.ca/en/trucks/titan-xd#!

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:12 pm

5L V8 turbo diesel

This is a good option, nice truck! Definitely going to add it to the list.

This is why I come here for the advice! :D
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:21 am I wonder if Fred has any cute pictures of cats?
Come on now, CJ only posted those pictures after he went Stark! Raving!! Mad!!!

:idea:

Wait, okay, I see where you're going with this...

EDIT: Fuck, now look what you’ve done Topper:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 92#p316892
OKAY:
micky107 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:35 pm Image
That's the FOURTH pussy pic since you posted that Topper.

Is it time for us to do to Mickifred as we once did to that security guard? :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Wheres the goddamn pitchfork...the purge is upon us
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

OH, YA ?

"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:12 pm

5L V8 turbo diesel

Those things are butt fuck ugly. They look like they hired kia to draw up the most rediculous grill they can imagine then increase size by 125%
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

How many grills can you fit.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

You can get a 750 HORSEY power plant for this sucker.
Can't see a stick shift option though. Where's the fun in that.
85 to 100k--US is a little rich anyway. In a different color, you can get use to the grillssss.

"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mall crawler

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Nissan makes a good truck.

I would wait for the 2019's though on their XD's. Nissan tends to take at least a couple of years to work out the bugs in their new models, and I believe we are just going into year 3 with their diesels. That being said, the diesel was rumoured to be coming since like 2012 when I bought mine, and they took 4 years to actually deliver it, so maybe they got it closer to right this time.

I know when the Titan came out in 04 (or was it 05), there was a pile of little issues. One of the bigger ones was that it had too much power and torque for the tranny, and when towing you'd end up wrecking it because the engine wasn't even breaking a sweat but your gears were red hot. They fixed that and a bunch of other stuff by 2008 or 09, and then ran the same truck up until 2016 with no real changes in options. They had a bulletproof model, but by the time it was retired it was lagging behind everyone else in terms of options, HP, and fuel economy.

I bought mine in 2012, pulled a trailer across the country and back last year, and other than guzzling like the Dude on a Monday at the Astoria it was great. It's almost 7 years old and just getting broken in, but I'll keep it for another 5 years. I'd consider grabbing a new one, but the wife gets the next set of wheels, and honestly the truck still runs like a top.

Agree with the cab-to-box options. The imports have their heads up their asses there.

Everyone I've talked to who has driven the new XD's swears by them. They have a bunch of great features, and power for days.