My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:08 pm This new gig I have comes with a brand new Chevy Colorado crew/longish box. If you are looking at mid sized trucks then give it a roll. Seems to be pretty well made
Those are nice, I might have gone with the 4cl diesel in a Colorado if there was a chance of ever getting one. Oh well, this is doing me well on my current job.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:24 am They don’t do V6 no more it’s either 4 cylinder, V6 or diesel.
Odd comment
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:54 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:24 am They don’t do V6 no more it’s either 4 cylinder, V6 or diesel.
Odd comment
Meant V8.

V6 is no more
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Picked up a 2022 Silverado LT Z71 crew cab long box.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:47 am Picked up a 2022 Silverado LT Z71 crew cab long box.
3/4 ton?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don’t know Dude… 1/2 ton, 3/4 ton… whatevs. RD don’t care
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:47 am Picked up a 2022 Silverado LT Z71 crew cab long box.
I thought you were worried about parking with a crew cab/long box. That should be fun in DT Van. On the other hand, the long box is the right choice for hauling building materials, etc.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BCExpat wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:35 pm
On the other hand, the long box is the right choice for hauling building materials, etc.
You hit the nail on the head. The deciding

Pick up materials daily. The short box is ridiculously gay. Like why even bother?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They have them in stock?

We had a rental 1T Dodge double cab long box last year (The Queen Mary). Parking lots are no longer designed for those pigs. Driving though is fine.

Drillers had their chained up F350 stuck in some bottomless mudhole this morning and had to drag it out with the D6. can't wait to go up there in a couple of hours and drive right through it.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:42 am
They have them in stock?

We had a rental 1T Dodge double cab long box last year (The Queen Mary). Parking lots are no longer designed for those pigs. Driving though is fine.

Drillers had their chained up F350 stuck in some bottomless mudhole this morning and had to drag it out with the D6. can't wait to go up there in a couple of hours and drive right through it.
It was pure luck and good timing, a financing fell through for the previous buyer and I had to act fast. I basically had salesman at every GM location in the lower mainland working for me trying to find a truck type I was looking for. This chance happened at the GM on Terminal Street, that GM is owned by the same group as Dueck on Marine. I needed a long box which are near impossible to find. I will be picking it up in a couple hours. You basically can’t design your own package unless you are willing to wait 6-8 months, even longer. This one was close to what I wanted

I can’t do the short box trucks, they are useless for loading up lumber which I do daily
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

fuck me. glad I invested in a full set of skid plates. 4lo and locked, bottoming out, banging and clanging through the mud holes but paddling on through. Drill crew was shocked to see me and and my truck in there.

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I went the build route recently....

Should see new wheels towards the end of October.
DeLevering since 1999.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Still waiting on a Tundra spec'd in December. August at best it appears
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Did they give you a year or just a month and let you assume?

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

They don't give you anything until Toyota tells them it's scheduled.

Some customers a few spots ahead of me are getting theirs in July.