My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: My Truck...

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:03 pm Gonna buy mine until new order is in, sell it and put a bunch of cashola in the bank.
Whatya in these days? X6 was the last I recall. We may have to do the same thing depending on what we get, everyone ordering is at least months delayed.

Fun test driving some of these vehicles! Have to head down to Van to drive a few that don't have dealers up here though.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:39 pm
donlever wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:03 pm Gonna buy mine until new order is in, sell it and put a bunch of cashola in the bank.
Whatya in these days? X6 was the last I recall. We may have to do the same thing depending on what we get, everyone ordering is at least months delayed.

Fun test driving some of these vehicles! Have to head down to Van to drive a few that don't have dealers up here though.
X6 indeed.....

Good memory. That was a few vehicles ago. Had the SS before that.

Think I sent pics of both of those in back in the day.

Can't recall if that was there or here.

Last time I talked about my car Hank and marccrawford ran me into the dirt.

:(

So I'll stay mute on that one.
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:45 pm
So I'll stay mute on that one.
Boo

Yeah I liked that SS, that was a cool rig. Still a plight to find something not being taken by the masses?

If we go EV next its tough to be original, really not many options.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I just got connected to a section in the new US Infrastructure Bill. There is a large section on vehicle saftey. A few of the tings they are looking at:

- bring pedestrians and cyclists into the car cell/data network via their mobile phones for collision avoidance. Yes Big Brother wants to know where you are.

- expanding and mandating collision avoidance, auto braking and steering

- mandated breathalysers in all vehicles to reduce impaired driving

Lots of studies being funded, lots of big brother is watching to make you safer, not much action

Check the Table of Contents

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-con ... 84?r=1&s=2
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:51 pm I just got connected to a section in the new US Infrastructure Bill. There is a large section on vehicle saftey. A few of the tings they are looking at:

- bring pedestrians and cyclists into the car cell/data network via their mobile phones for collision avoidance. Yes Big Brother wants to know where you are.

Lots of studies being funded, lots of big brother is watching to make you safer, not much action

Interesting, but from a technology perspective using anything that is network-based for collision avoidance is a non-starter. Network latency means information about pedestrians/cars won't be delivered fast enough. Let alone when the network is down. As well, GPS is only precise to 5m, so good luck in avoiding a pedestrian. And then there's pedestrians without smartphones, or with location mode off. I guess they're out of luck? So cell data is only useful a secondary information, like for route planning in Google Maps. When it comes to collision avoidance the primary systems will need to be onboard the vehicle. This is where Tesla has the advantage as they're already beaming information to the mothership from every car they sell to train their self-driving AI.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:23 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:51 pm I just got connected to a section in the new US Infrastructure Bill. There is a large section on vehicle saftey. A few of the tings they are looking at:

Interesting, but from a technology perspective using anything that is network-based for collision avoidance is a non-starter. Network latency means information about pedestrians/cars won't be delivered fast enough. Let alone when the network is down. As well, GPS is only precise to 5m, so good luck in avoiding a pedestrian. And then there's pedestrians without smartphones, or with location mode off. I guess they're out of luck? So cell data is only useful a secondary information, like for route planning in Google Maps. When it comes to collision avoidance the primary systems will need to be onboard the vehicle. This is where Tesla has the advantage as they're already beaming information to the mothership from every car they sell to train their self-driving AI.
You and I know that, but they are throwing millions at researching it.

Toyota is transmitting as well. i wouldn't doubt if most new models are. could be something like adding RF transmitter at a specific frequency to cell phones and a series of receivers in vehicles.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Early Christmas news. New bumpers are built, powder coated and install scheduled for early January.

Time to cut the fenders.

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

My car boy called and a black on black, midnight package, fully loaded with b and o sound and black mags 63SE coupe turned up.

Went and looked...took it for a spin.

Drives same as mine......

Reminds me of the old X6 I had with far more juice.

Don't like it.

Not gonna happen.

Back to buying this one (which I'd do anyway at this point just to resell) and waiting.

No EQS's in yet Aaron.

Buddy says limited shipments only and they may not even get one.

Big dealership with large turnaround so surprising they wouldn't get a kick at one if available.
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:15 pm
No EQS's in yet Aaron.

Buddy says limited shipments only and they may not even get one.

Big dealership with large turnaround so surprising they wouldn't get a kick at one if available.
Deposit we put down is on a new i4. Who actually knows when it will be here or built but going with the M package which should expedite things as most are going with the more basic model.

Should be a fun car to drive!

We'll have quite the pair in a full size diesel and an electric if it all works out. But really we can't turf fossil yet, still need the room and the travel distance. Don't need the full power of a diesel but hate limiting myself as we do have a trailer and I can get 900kms to a tank.

Kinda the same as the EV, why not get the 536 hp, most test drives have it at 3.6s to 60 mph? :mrgreen:

It's got an eco-mode for the Mrs. :thumbs:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

The i8 and shaving your pubes makes your cock look bigger....

Or so says a friend....

(Yeah...that'll be a nice ride AP)

:thumbs:
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:56 pm The i8 and shaving your pubes makes your cock look bigger....

Or so says a friend....
:lol:

The i4 M50 has a better 60 time, plus room for kids.

Wonder how much it would shrink when grandpa and the kids blow by him on the Okanagan Autobahn?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:56 pm The i8 and shaving your pubes makes your cock look bigger....

Or so says a friend....

(Yeah...that'll be a nice ride AP)

:thumbs:
Never woulda thought that one model of Roomba was that much better than any other.

But whatever makes you think your cock looks bigger I guess.....

:look:

https://store.irobot.com/default/roomba_i4/i415020.html

https://store.irobot.com/default/roomba ... 55020.html
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I hear small hands make your cock look bigger Mëds

The micro penists go shopping in southeast Asia for brides with tiny hands for this reason one would assume...or they like flat bums possibly
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:42 pm Early Christmas news. New bumpers are built, powder coated and install scheduled for early January.

Time to cut the fenders.
Back to this, I guess another reason why leasing just isn’t an option for your fleet!

What was the total lead time from ordering to delivery?

Didn’t you completely customize the rear bumper of your last Taco as well?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:55 pm I hear small hands make your cock look bigger Mëds

The micro penists go shopping in southeast Asia for brides with tiny hands for this reason one would assume...or they like flat bums possibly
The flat bums gross me out. Looks like they're wearing diapers under there.