My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: My Fruck...

Post by Arachnid »

I nominate OD for a Darwin Award! :thumbs:

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: I nominate OD for a Darwin Award! :thumbs:

8-)
Look who's talking!! :lol:

Riding a bicycle in Toronto traffic whilst wearing a Nuck jersey is like masturbating whilst wearing an underwear bomb.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:

8-)

Riding a bicycle in Toronto traffic whilst wearing a Nuck jersey is like masturbating whilst wearing an underwear bomb.
Man, do I get dirty looks from people or what....like just now coming from the beer store with my retro Canucks cap on...stupid Laugh fans never say a peep as they have no balls to or anything to stand on and shout MY TEAM MADE IT TO THE SCF GAME 7 LAST YEAR AND WON BACK2BACK PRESIDENTS.

Riding my bike with my jersey on....hmrrrr...ma mumma didna raise no dummie, that's ask'n for road rage incident... 8-)

Oh hey Docstar, I had a strong draft Belgian before Prometheus last night for yah...

Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: My Truck...

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Riding a bicycle in Toronto traffic whilst wearing a Nuck jersey is like masturbating whilst wearing an underwear bomb
Triple-dog dare ya! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Riding a bicycle in Toronto traffic whilst wearing a Nuck jersey is like masturbating whilst wearing an underwear bomb
Triple-dog dare ya! :D
I did the night of the riots....I have not told you guys what fully happened...Spides was a bad bad bad man that night... :D

No need to dare me...just fill me up on free over-hoped, strong micro brews from Jerry Cheevers cousin...(he helped me get my MBA http://toronto.millstreetbrewpub.ca/con ... preciationthat night and felt bad about game 7 loss...oh it's true...so truuuuuue.... 8-) )
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Aaronp18 wrote:
donlever wrote: ..same as before, may change things up in December.
Go with the new NSX!

Or which extreme minivan will it be this time!!
It seems like only yesterday when I coined that sweet piece of ass :D
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

8-)

Man, do I get dirty looks from people or what....like just now coming from the beer store with my retro Canucks cap on...stupid Laugh fans never say a peep as they have no balls to or anything to stand on and shout MY TEAM MADE IT TO THE SCF GAME 7 LAST YEAR AND WON BACK2BACK PRESIDENTS.

Riding my bike with my jersey on....hmrrrr...ma mumma didna raise no dummie, that's ask'n for road rage incident... 8-)

Oh hey Docstar, I had a strong draft Belgian before Prometheus last night for yah...

You should go riding with Dude and his posse
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

OK Truck driving CC dudes....

Need a new work truck.....

I will drive it daily, move gear, etc, then on weekends take out the family, tow a boat and perhaps do some camping (though not likely given my history of not camping very much).

Looking for a 4x4, with a mid level options package, (power stuff but I don't need nav, leather, and 22's) bigger engine, and the biggest cab.

Each company has proposed the following with out much dickering on my end.

GMC - Nevada edition V8 32K
Ford - XLT 5.0 - 31k
Dodge - Hemi - 30K
Tundra - Supercrew TDR 34.5 K

Basically they are all fairly close on price and I have no real brand loyalty here so I'm looking for some opinions.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chevy is the best truck in that price range by a mile.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob is right. Everything I don't like about the chev, has no reference to your intended use.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Chevy is the best truck in that price range by a mile.
Why Do you say that ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Chevy is the best truck in that price range by a mile.
Why Do you say that ?
I can only compare it against the Dodge and the Ford. Never driven a Toyota but I hear they are a good truck.

The Dodge is a cheap piece of shit IMHO. I don't like the way it drives and the HEMI is a fucking pig on gas. I would take the DODGE as a distant #4 out of the trucks you mentioned and that is without driving the jap rig. Dodge used to put out some nice trucks in the 70's - 90's. They seem to want to build a cheaper truck these days and that's a shame. I should add that the Dodge 3/4 ton Diesel is a pretty fair truck.

You want a work vehicle but it also has to be a nice ride and look half decent. Go with the Chev my friend you won't regret it. I would likely buy a Ford too but if the price gap isn't too big the Chev will make you much happier. Chev is a more comfortable ride out of the three I have driven, better off road performance and it looks better.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Pot, I like GMC! I've been a GM guy forever so whatever... May mean nothing.

I think you really have two options if you decided to go with the GMC. I'm not sure but I'm assuming you'll be financing the truck. GM is offering 0% financing for 72 months. You simply can't beat that. If you have cash.... invest it and finance the truck anyway.

BUT,
Sierra 1500 Redesign & Re-Engineer: expected in the second half of 2013 for the 2014 model year, the next-generation Sierra will utilize an updated architecture called K2XG and will sport significant powertrain improvements to increase fuel economy while not sacrificing capability. A six cylinder turbo and optional 8-speed transmission are likely, but we wouldn’t discount a naturally-aspirated six-banger under the hood as the base engine. The styling will be greatly differentiated from the Silverado platform mate and a number of GMC-exclusive convenience features are also in the cards. According to sources, “interesting trim levels” are being discussed that have never been seen before.
By next spring/summer the redesign will be hitting the lots. It certainly won't come with 0% financing but nobody really knows what it's going to offer. It might easily crush the 12's. If you can hold off... maybe wait it out and see what the new ones look like. See what options they offer. Will the fuel economy crush the current 5.3's? Will they have 8 speed transmissions instead of the current 6? Who friggen knows.

If ya can't wait... Take the Nevada at 0% and enjoy. They're good friggen trucks...

And get a Line-X spray in box liner. You'll be able to chuck tools and anything else you can imagine in that box and you won't so much as scratch it!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

ODB wrote: GM is offering 0% financing for 72 months. You simply can't beat that. If you have cash.... invest it and finance the truck anyway.
I have this weird aversion to financing vehicles, but yeah it is kind of dumb to pay cash when it's 0%. Sometimes you can negotiate a better deal if you pay cash but I have had 2 dealerships shut that down already.

Sierra 1500 Redesign & Re-Engineer: expected in the second half of 2013 for the 2014 model year
Hmm, timing seems very bad on that...

Hate buying in the last year before a re-design.
Will the fuel economy crush the current 5.3's? Will they have 8 speed transmissions instead of the current 6? Who friggen knows.
I was looking at Fuel economy and the 4.7 looks terrible tbh especially in the city (15L per 100k), the the 5.3 better?
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Potatoe1 wrote:I was looking at Fuel economy and the 4.7 looks terrible tbh especially in the city (15L per 100k), the the 5.3 better?
I can't say for sure? I checked the DIC (driver information centre) on my 6.2 and it's 16.5/100km. 15 seems high for the 4.7.

I'd personally pick the 5.3 over the 4.7. Especially considering you will be doing some towing.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P