My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper »

North of Wells. Did a short job there and then the wife and kid came up so we could take the kid to Barkerville and then a visit for a couple of days with friends in the Cariboo. Yes Dude, we went for a quad ride.

I'd stay with a full size Blob, grab something a retired geezer is getting rid of because his wife's Buick is now all they need. Too bad Donny disappeared, he could set you up with someone from the golf club.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol at Lever. I agree , just love the drive of the Tacoma . I will likely poke around and settle in on a domestic truck . One thing about the Dodge 1/2 ton is they are available in 4 door with a 7 foot box . My truck box is 67 inches and the 84 inch box would be awesome for storage or even stuffing one quad in it .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Nothing beats the feeling of rumbling down a dirt road in my '75 Explorer! :D Best $175 I ever spent!

Screw these fancy new trucks that cost as much as a house (in these parts).
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck wrote:Nothing beats the feeling of rumbling down a dirt road in my '75 Explorer! :D

I've seen your crib. It's a fancy piece of business from what I remember ......lots of bars ? :?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Cornuck wrote:Nothing beats the feeling of rumbling down a dirt road in my '75 Explorer! :D

I've seen your crib. It's a fancy piece of business from what I remember ......lots of bars ? :?
Just two.... well, three...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Tacoma is new for 2016, but the 4l 6cyl in mine is a thirsty slug. The 5.7l V8 in the Tundra gets better mileage and I think you can price out a Tundra similar to an overpriced Tacoma.

Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Reviewers seem to like the Colorado.. any experience with that one?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Puck wrote:Reviewers seem to like the Colorado.. any experience with that one?
That Duramax coming out looks pretty awesome, finally a mid-size contender for the Tacoma.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote:
Puck wrote:Reviewers seem to like the Colorado.. any experience with that one?
That Duramax coming out looks pretty awesome, finally a mid-size contender for the Tacoma.
I had one of those in Australia for a company truck. It was a 3.0 litre Isuzu diesel in a Holden (duramax for those who don't know)
Not bad but fairly thirsty and doggish.
Felt solid though and could take a shit kicking. I bagged it pretty good and it lived...
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:I think you can price out a Tundra similar to an overpriced Tacoma.
You mean like used in the private seller market? Cause the new Tundra vs the new Tacoma is a fair bit more in price. I'm looking at financing last years Tacoma models (2015's) with the 2016's coming in about a month. You get a better financing on the 2015's but You just don't get the deals with Toyota trucks on last years clearance like you do with like for instance 2015 Ford F-150's. Anyhow would love the tundra for the V8 towing capacity but it's way out of my price range. For a work truck the Tundra obviously is better.

Still can't decide if I should lease a new truck or finance a 2015 with the 1% financing. I'd onky finance the Tacoma on a max 4 year (it jumps up to 1.4% on a 5 year) over any of the other brands cause it has a great resale value and holds up better. The Fords are shit after 5 years. if I had a blobby money I'd buy a used Tacoma outright like a 2013 or something but financing the used Tacomas the interests are huge and terms are limited. The Tacoma is a great truck but isn't a great work truck which is why I'd love the Tundra. I may start looking at the GMC's or the Dodge Ram. Fuck no to Ford

Any other brand of truck outside of Tacoma I'd lease but definitely get the maintenance package and mileage protection if leasing a truck for work so they don't screw you at the end of the lease. Still think I'm gonna finance a 2015 Tacoma on a 4 year with $12 grand down.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What do the payments look like with 12 down ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

At Jim Pattison Toyota I'm eyeballing the 2015 4x4 Crew Cab/V6 without the chrome bling package which is $2,000 extra but getting the tow package which is around $900 bucks. They give you the 1% interest finance to own on the clearing out of the 2015's with the 2016's arriving in a month. I'm probably gonna do the 5 year at 1.4% with $10,000 down with the tow package all in my monthly would be $520. You only get 1% on a 4 year. The new 2016's are financed at 2.9%. For a work trucks it's always better to lease new trucks but on the year olds it's better to finance, I'm gonna finance a 2015. Just a massive fan of the Tacoma

It's basically only a $2,000 in savings between the coming 2016's and the 2015. Like I said you don't get the huge ticker price savings between the year old and new Tacomas like you do on the year old Ford trucks, cause well Toyota Trucks are good trucks and hold their value which is why I don't mind financing them for to 4-5 years cause you can still get an excellent resale price on a 4-5 year old Tacoma

I would dearly love the Tundra just because it's a better work truck but too rich for my blood
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Yeah, that was my plan last fall Dude. I bought a 2014 Ram last Sept, weeks before the '15s came out. Exact same truck, much better financing.

I love my Ram. I bought the 1500 Sport crew cab for my business. Only issue I've had was the oil filter leaking, because the ass-swipes at the dealership didn't tighten it enough. That, and they had it in the shop for 5.5 hours, just to do a simple oil change. Half a days missed work and $89 later, I finally got it back. :scowl:

I now take it to Mr. Lube for $59 during a lunch break.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Dude, for the Taco, plan on replacing the suspension with aftermarket if you plan to carry any load. Stock one is shite. Mine was on an '07 was broken in 8 months. Old Man Emu/Dakar rides as nice or better than stock.

Replace the tires before you take it off the lot, have the dealer do it. Go one size up, 265/70/17, E rated. The tire shop will give you good value on the stock rubber so it won't add too much and you'll end up with some decent tires on it.

If getting the automatic, definitely get the tow package if for nothing else, the transmission cooler.

Buy a bed mat and front tie downs for the box. Do it outside your purchase of the truck so you're not financing them and install them yourself. The stock composite bed is very slippery, and amazingly there are no tie downs below the bed rail at the front of the box. Toyota makes them and sells them and they takes about 1/2 to install yourself.

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I had them put a spray liner in my bed, they actually included it in the price. I use it for gravel, dirt and always throwing demo rubbish in it. After a year, its held up very well.

I was planning on getting a Taco all along, but its just a little too small to shoe-horn the family/dog into, and the mileage the MDS-Hemi gets compared to the Toyota sealed the deal. Always loved the Tacoma.