Computer question.

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Computer question.

Post by Fred »

Just recently, not sure when, words started being underlined in posts/articles. Attached to the underlining is a advertisement. I'm sure my computer is running slower now. Any one else come across this and is there a way of getting rid of it ( in simple language and small words )

Thks
cheers
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Computer question.

Post by Cornuck »

I'm guessing that this is online? Which browser?

You might have accidentally installed a plugin that does this, or your just seeing on some sites that have done this for a long time.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Sounds like crapware to me. If you're in Internet Explorer (no offense but given your apparent age that'd be my guess :P ) you can go to Tools* > Internet Options, then click on the Programs tab, then click the "Manage add-ons" button. In the Manage Add-ons window that opens, start clicking on specific Add-ons and clicking Disable at the bottom right. Disable anything that's not published by a major company (ie. Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Adobe, etc) and any toolbar you can see. Click Close/OK all the way out and close/re-open the browser to see if you've fixed it.

*If you can't see the Tools menu and are on a recent version of IE you can probably see a gear icon towards the top right, click that.

It's pretty much the same routine with other browsers, however the verbiage can be slightly different (for example Chrome calls them "extensions" instead of "add-ons").
rbochan
AHL Prospect

Post by rbochan »

It might be a tumor.
...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
it's Don't Tread On Me