CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Per never tried crown and coke obviously...choking back straight scotch is like taste testing turpentine out in the shed....and yes i know all about single malt and all that rubbish.
Why would you drink whiskey raw like that lol
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:47 am Per never tried crown and coke obviously...choking back straight scotch is like taste testing turpentine out in the shed....and yes i know all about single malt and all that rubbish.
This ^

I've poured back a few over the years- but the whole 'whiskey, rye, bourbon' family has never appealed to me, doesn't matter how aged that single barrel stuff is - just don't enjoy it. I'd rather chug grappa.

Seems like the rich folks on this board haven't heard of ice trays (but I'm guessing Blobby just buys it by the bag ;) )
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:23 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:47 am Per never tried crown and coke obviously...choking back straight scotch is like taste testing turpentine out in the shed....and yes i know all about single malt and all that rubbish.
This ^

I've poured back a few over the years- but the whole 'whiskey, rye, bourbon' family has never appealed to me, doesn't matter how aged that single barrel stuff is - just don't enjoy it. I'd rather chug grappa.

Seems like the rich folks on this board haven't heard of ice trays (but I'm guessing Blobby just buys it by the bag ;) )
Well, that's the problem Corn. You're not supposed to chug it! Just a couple of fingers, relax, smile, and enjoy the feeling :wink: :wink:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:36 pm
This ^

Well, that's the problem Corn. You're not supposed to chug it! Just a couple of fingers, relax, smile, and enjoy the feeling :wink: :wink:
How many fingers does a mason jar hold?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:39 pm
This ^

Quite a few but you should leave room for some ice :shock:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

This ^

Children's or adults?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Topper wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:56 pm
This ^

Children's or adults?
Not sure....
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

This ^

Agreed Horseman - whiskey neat is the only way. On the odd occasion i do get crown and diet coke.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Diet coke is for fags! Mainline the sugar reef
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sorry Reef..................

"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Corn & UDL: I'm so disappointed in you. Not surprised, just disappointed.

Per: You Swedish whiskey Nazi! I like my single malt with a massive glacier floating in it.

Y'all can neat-ly go choke on some crown and diet coke!

Reef: C'mon man... Diet Coke?!

The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

My neighbours have me turned on to scotch of late.

We drink it straight... and we love it!

Maybe you guys aren't buying the good stuff. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:41 pm We drink it straight...
Ie not with diet coke, or frankly diet anything...
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:41 pmMaybe you guys aren't buying the good stuff. 8-)
Most likely the case. Cheap whisky (and whiskey) is probably best used as paint remover.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:41 pm We drink it straight...
Ie not with diet coke, or frankly diet anything...
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:41 pmMaybe you guys aren't buying the good stuff. 8-)
Most likely the case. Cheap whisky (and whiskey) is probably best used as paint remover.
No; That's lemon gin!

Oh crap, sorry, didn't see the i
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Diet coke, because he's watching his figure.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.