CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Doc, is Benning lying when he says we're not rebuilding?

Lack/Bonino/Stanton/Kassian probably gets you similar production and performance to Miller/Sutter/Sbisa/Prust (maybe better). You like your name recognition and "veteran presence" fine, but that's all you're paying for. It's too bad we had to give up draft picks, prospects and young players, alongside our cap space, to get there.

Benning doesn't think this is a rebuild, but I think it will be one fairly soon. You're hedging your bets calling it one now, and I'm sure when we bottom out you'll say a rebuild was Benning's plan all along.

We'll see where she goes. No Centre Ice for me this year, so I'll be relying on you good folks for reviews and updates.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Island Nucklehead wrote: No Centre Ice for me this year, so I'll be relying on you good folks for reviews and updates.
You're a through and through fan IN...you kid yourself.

You'll be firing up the Centre ice by halloween...
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Doc, is Benning lying when he says we're not rebuilding?
If he said that, then YES an NHL GM is lying. :wow:

Sorry to burst your bubble!

Or perhaps he was playing a game of semantics, do you have a quote/link?
Island Nucklehead wrote: Lack/Bonino/Stanton/Kassian probably gets you similar production and performance to Miller/Sutter/Sbisa/Prust (maybe better).
Yeah, everyone knows you went full retard about 2 months ago bro...
Island Nucklehead wrote: It's too bad we had to give up draft picks, prospects and young players, alongside our cap space, to get there.
We've got all the picks/prospects/young players/cap space we need at this point in the rebuild

(you blithering blubbering blabbering buffoon). :D
Island Nucklehead wrote: Benning doesn't think this is a rebuild, but I think it will be one fairly soon. You're hedging your bets calling it one now, and I'm sure when we bottom out you'll say a rebuild was Benning's plan all along.
Again, a team doesn't need to "bottom out" for it to be a "rebuild". :scowl:

Room is being made and prospects are making the team.

F O C U S.... on 3-4 years from now.
Island Nucklehead wrote: We'll see where she goes. No Centre Ice for me this year, so I'll be relying on you good folks for reviews and updates.
Well, well, I see the new missus wears the pants in the family! :mex:

(either that or you can't handle a rebuild)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Doc, is Benning lying when he says we're not rebuilding?

Lack/Bonino/Stanton/Kassian probably gets you similar production and performance to Miller/Sutter/Sbisa/Prust (maybe better). You like your name recognition and "veteran presence" fine, but that's all you're paying for. It's too bad we had to give up draft picks, prospects and young players, alongside our cap space, to get there.

Benning doesn't think this is a rebuild, but I think it will be one fairly soon. You're hedging your bets calling it one now, and I'm sure when we bottom out you'll say a rebuild was Benning's plan all along.

We'll see where she goes. No Centre Ice for me this year, so I'll be relying on you good folks for reviews and updates.
No he isn't. You are not listening to Benning and Linden. May I suggest you attend ESL with your wife.

Full rebuild, fans won't tolerate, the Garage will be emptier than it already is.

Compete on a nightly basis. Since the season ended, Benning and Linden have not said anything about "must make the playoffs". They say a team that competes every night. A team that is entertaining to watch. A team that is bringing along youth with character vets as mentors.

They have no intention of giving you the Oiler decade of despair you are begging for.
Last edited by Topper on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: No Centre Ice for me this year, so I'll be relying on you good folks for reviews and updates.
You're a through and through fan IN...you kid yourself.

You'll be firing up the Centre ice by halloween...
lol no I don't think so, but I will enjoy the free trial. Between playing, reffing, grad school and work, I won't have the time to watch. That and between the Sportsnet National games, HNIC, and the games on SNet West when we play Edm/Cgy I should be able to catch enough.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote: So hows the general mood been around here with our new GM destroying our team with horrible trades and awful contract signings? Has the dudes head exploded yet? Mine just about has.
No, but Blob's head has gone off a few times (role reversal).

Hopefully you wake up to this sad fact: That other site you've been hanging at is Bizarro World.

Here at the Corner we trust in Jimbo. :thumbs:

We can help you Eddy....
Hey hey now. There is a poster at that other site named MS and " he has a proven track record " when it comes to prospects . He actually said that
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Hey hey now. There is a poster at that other site named MS and " he has a proven track record " when it comes to prospects . He actually said that
Yeah, he's been taking a bit of a shit kicking lately for his perceived negativity. I think of it more as reality.

But Doc made some good points earlier in this thread and I truly hope he turns out to be right and I just have a case of Dudeitis.... or apparently now of Blobingtons disease.
2011..... the one that got away.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

IN spends a lot of time Bobbing

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Hey hey now. There is a poster at that other site named MS and " he has a proven track record " when it comes to prospects . He actually said that
Yeah, he's been taking a bit of a shit kicking lately for his perceived negativity. I think of it more as reality.

But Doc made some good points earlier in this thread and I truly hope he turns out to be right and I just have a case of Dudeitis.... or apparently now of Blobingtons disease.
I was more taking a shot at a guy who a few times has mentioned he " has a proven track record ". Like really ? Me thinks someone takes themselves a tad bit seriously on a message board . I am not a Benning fan and I will readily admit half my posts were tongue and cheek and the other half were arguing with the Benning semen gulpers who can't see straight with all the sperm in their eyes .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

No wonder there is war in Syria when we resort to name calling to another Canuck fan when we disagree with what he/she says?

How can we have world peace until that happens?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Speaking of mail order bride success.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lamar Odom :cheers: :rockin: :cheers:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/10/ ... obot-sweat

Hillary Clinton declared in a new interview that she is a robot, implying that humanity should despair and bend to her superior A.I. will by voting for her in the 2016 election.

The shocking admission came during an interview with the BuzzFeed podcast Another Round, in which an astute interviewer noted that the Democrat presidential candidate did not sweat during the interview. Other reporters and Clinton associates have remarked upon Clinton’s remarkable ability to not sweat, even when working the rope line on a hot Iowa day. “I don’t mean sweat because you’re nervous,” said host Tracy Clayton. “I just mean physically. I’m genuinely curious what your deodorant is.”

After some banter over the thermostat and the traditional One Weird Fact about Clinton (“The weirdest thing about me is that I don’t sweat”), BuzzFeed foolishly suggested that Clinton was a robot.

BuzzFeed, you fools! You don’t go around provoking dangerous artificial intelligence!

HILLARY CLINTON: You guys are the first to realize that I’m really not even a human being. I was constructed in a garage in Palo Alto a very long time ago. People think that, you know, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, they created it. Oh no. I mean, a man whose name shall remain nameless created me in his garage.

ANOTHER ROUND: Are there more of you?

HILLARY CLINTON: I thought he threw away the plans, at least that’s what he told me when he programmed me — that there would be no more. I’ve seen more people that kind of don’t sweat, and other things, that make me think maybe they are part of the new race that he created: the robot race.

ANOTHER ROUND: So there’s a cyborg army is what you’re saying.

HILLARY CLINTON: But you have to cut this, you can’t tell anybody this. I don’t want anybody to know this. This has been a secret until here we are in Davenport, Iowa, and I’m just spillin’ my electronic guts to you.

ANOTHER ROUND: And without bourbon.

HILLARY CLINTON: Without any bourbon. Yeah. That’s why I have to wait ’til the end of the day.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

crazy about Lamar, od'ing at a whore house.

-

Lets go Bernie! usa

-

Jays! crazy comeback JoeyBats
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.vox.com/2015/10/26/9616984/g ... my-morales

Guatemala follows Canada's lead and elects a comedian to lead their country! :mrgreen:

____
Try to focus on someday.