CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Topper »

This is what affirmative action in politics gets you.

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... e-criteria

Any skeletons in the closet?

I'll continue to vote for the best candidate, who may or may not be the best minority candidate from a marginal group of society.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

What always confuses me is why do they need you to know they love to bumfuck other dudes? Really who gives a shit. Why do you need society to acknowledge where you aim your knob?
I like to finish in my old ladys mouth but i dont need all my neighbours to know.
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Uncle dans leg wrote:What always confuses me is why do they need you to know they love to bumfuck other dudes? Really who gives a shit. Why do you need society to acknowledge where you aim your knob?
I like to finish in my old ladys mouth but i dont need all my neighbours to know.
Isn't that the goal of being inclusive of minorities of all stripes.

Not giving a shit about whatever makes them a minority.

At that point jokes and comments aren't hurtful. Cracker Barrel becomes just a name on a cheese package and not a tub of white folks.

Did anyone one catch the St Louis Blues Reeves' comment about it being dark so the next time he needs to smile and open his eyes to be noticed. Its a funny line, and that is all it is.

All this PC double standard gimp/fag/gash quota nonsense only divides people more.

Recent debate in town was about rainbow painted sidewalks. Those in favour said it was a symbol of being inclusive and then needed to add LBG, then LBGT, then LBGTQ, then LBGTQA..........lets make sure we single everyone out so they know they are included.

For fuck sakes, its the NDP, as long as you're a card carrying commie, your in.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

That shirt is perfect. :lol:
The natives were the first minority in need of acknowledgement which was almost exclusively financially motivated.
The only reason everyone all of a sudden needs to "identify" with something must also be about money. So what do the [mod edit] gain from having a designation???
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

WTF why do the hackers gotta go after Twitter, Netflix, Reddit and Spotify?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2016 ... /92507806/
SAN FRANCISCO — At least two successive waves of online attacks blocked multiple major websites Friday, at times making it impossible for many users on the East Coast to access Twitter, Spotify, Netflix, Amazon, Tumblr and Reddit.

The first attacks appear to have begun around 7:10 am Friday, then resolved towards 9:30 am, but then a fresh wave began.

The cause was a large-scale distributed denial of service attack (DDoS) against Internet performance company Dyn that blocked user access to many popular sites standstill.

Dyn reported the sites going down at around 11:10 a.m. UTC, or roughly 7:10 a.m. ET, posting on its website that it "began monitoring and mitigating a DDoS attack against our Dyn Managed DNS infrastructure."

In an update posted at 8:45 a.m. ET, the company confirmed the attack, noting that "this attack is mainly impacting US East and is impacting Managed DNS customers in this region. Our Engineers are continuing to work on mitigating this issue."

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said the Department of Homeland Security was “monitoring the situation" but that “at this point I don’t have any information about who may be responsible for this malicious activity.”

It was unclear Friday if the attacks are focused on Dyn specifically or companies that it provides services to, said Carl Herberger, vice president of security at security company Radware.

The attack is “consistent with record-setting sized cyberattacks seen in the last few weeks,” he said.

He noted that easy-to-use computer code that allows even amateurs to create to create robot networks, so-called 'bot nets', to attack websites was released by hackers earlier this month

USA TODAY

Internet of Things comes back to bite us as hackers spread botnet code

Others worried the attack could be from a nation-state rather than simply an individual seeking to wreak havoc.

“This is not a script kiddie,” said Markus Jakobsson, chief scientist at Agari, a computer security firm based in San Mateo, Calif. By that he meant unskilled hackers who use others' programs, or scripts, to hack into systems because they lack the expertise to write their own software.

“This not just an instant job, this is something that was probably worked on for weeks if not for months by really competent people,” he said.

Amazon, whose web service AWS hosts many of the web's popular destinations including Netflix, also reported East Coast issues around the same time. In an update posted at 9:36 a.m. ET it said that it had "been resolved and the service is operating normally."

Amazon noted that it was suffering from a "hostname" issue and it was not immediately clear if it was related to the DDoS attack Dyn received.

Denial of service attacks are when someone, or a group of people, floods a particular site or service with large amounts of fake traffic in an attempt to overwhelm the system and take it offline. It was not immediately clear who initiated Friday's attack or why.

A post on Hacker News first identified the attack and named the sites that were affected. Several sites, including Spotify and GitHub, took to Twitter this morning to post status updates once the social network was back online.

Uh oh, we’re having some issues right now and investigating. We’ll keep you updated!
— Spotify Status (@SpotifyStatus) October 21, 2016

Twitter users similarly took to the service to keep lists of which sites were down and comment on the situation. The term DDoS quickly vaulted to among the top of the site's list of "Trending Topics" in the United States.

"DDoS attack this morning takes out Reddit, Twitter & Spotify," wrote user @Anubis8. "Work productivity increases by 300%."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

No more pin or passwords or finger/eye scanning but biometrics?

http://globalnews.ca/video/3017272/will ... ds-or-pins
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote:What always confuses me is why do they need you to know they love to bumfuck other dudes? Really who gives a shit. Why do you need society to acknowledge where you aim your knob?
From my understanding of the article, this particular guy didn't want people to know, but he wanted the nomination even more.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Makes one wonder what other skeletons may be in the closet.

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Finally back from the dead, had a deadly bout of sinusitis the past few days. holy fuck
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote:Finally back from the dead, had a deadly bout of sinusitis the past few days. holy fuck
What a time for you to be sick, Skyo - too much stress? :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol back in time for the deadline! 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I love the Kendall Jenner Pepsi add taking the piss out of the clean cut privileged protest movement.

And here is why

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4057052

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Topper wrote:I love the Kendall Jenner Pepsi add taking the piss out of the clean cut privileged protest movement.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote:
Reminds one of Hillary dodging sniper fire in Bosnia. :lol:

Stupid Soft Drink Brainwashing Department

... liberals stopped caring about world peace when messiah Obama turned out to be a warmonger!

And now they're locked in an epic battle to the death with their new Prez so yeah.

Ah but those were the days...

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to buy the world a Coke
And keep it company
That's the real thing.

Liberals used to be oh so cute, now they's just be's meowrrrr NASTY y'all!
____
Try to focus on someday.