CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

Hey Cuz I absolutely love your postings man!

Seriously, your posts are consistently among the most relevant + interesting at this site.

Please keep them coming! :thumbs:

I would have just moved those particular posts to this thread if I had time... but I didn't.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:24 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:49 pm

As a matter of fact, before I deleted those Carbon thread off-topic posts today
Oh ya...so since you read my points before sweeping them under the rug... in your opinion, isnt my observation both relevant and interesting?

:D
Stupid question, but I'll ask anyways because it is rhetorical.

Have you ever been at a party where everyone is stoned except you? That is what reading your posts is like.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:31 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:24 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:49 pm

As a matter of fact, before I deleted those Carbon thread off-topic posts today
Oh ya...so since you read my points before sweeping them under the rug... in your opinion, isnt my observation both relevant and interesting?

Stupid question, but I'll ask anyways because it is rhetorical.

Have you ever been at a party where everyone is stoned except you? That is what reading your posts is like.
Hey poetry isn't everyones cup of tea. I weave a tapestry
If you need air...call it in
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

We won't get fooled again!

At least 8 dead and many injured after crowd surge at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival in Houston, officials say

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/06/us/houst ... index.html
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:17 am We won't get fooled again!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"There are no people reported missing, the mayor added." :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Geezus fookin crepes is America royally fucked

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Maddow is still delusional on the Steele Dossier

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:25 pm Maddow is still delusional on the Steele Dossier
Gee whiz, don’t these leaks make you a wee bit pissed?
You’d think it’d be water passed under a bridge. Just open the flood gates and let it go.
I’m sure Trump would be relieved if this was made a number one priority and people stopped taking the piss.

:wink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:13 pm
Topper wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:25 pm Maddow is still delusional on the Steele Dossier
You’d think it’d be water passed under a bridge. Just open the flood gates and let it go.
I’m sure Trump would be relieved if this was made a number one priority and people stopped taking the piss.

Did you miss the most recent arrest?

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Doc, Topper are you cats members of QAnon?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Dude is cruisin for a bruisin...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:16 pm
Per wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:13 pm

Did you miss the most recent arrest?
The credibility of the Steele dossier has been questioned from day one. From what I understand there is still no ruling on it.
But you have to admire the Russians for how beautifully they have played this.

You need to understand that they are not really in favour of either political party in the USA; their main interest is to sow discontent and undermine public trust in the political system of the USA.

The 2016 election was a bit special in that Putin has a strong personal hatred for Hillary Clinton and was willing to go the extra mile to prevent her from winning. That doesn’t mean he was in favour of Trump though. Nor does it necessarily mean that there was collussion.

The 2016 and 2020 elections both worked in Russia’s favour. Both elections helped foment distrust in the political process, both election results were questioned by large parts of the population and both elections resulted in largely impotent administrations that are/were unlikely to pose a threat to Russian interests.

Spreading embarassing rumours about Trump, while also making it plausible that these rumours are an evil plot by the other main political party is brilliant 3D chess that helps undermine US democracy in many ways at the same time, making sure that the divide and mutual distrust keeps increasing.

I doubt there is a pee pee tape. I think Putin should have managed to get greater leverage over Trump than he did if it were true. Never mind that Trump publicly exclaimed to have greater trust in Putin than in the various US intelligence branches and that he handed Putin Syria on a silver platter. In the great scheme of things I think Putin wanted a lot more, and had he really had that infamous pee pee tape he probably could have.

But not having a pee pee tape can still work if you can manage to tell the public that intelligence sources say there may be one, and then compromise high level people from both major parties in the pursuit of producing or subduing this hypothetical tape. Very well played, and increasing overall distrust for government and politics in general in the USA.

Just like they play both sides in the whole BLM thing. They don’t really give a fuck about the issue, they just want to increase the division and make sure that large groups of Americans hate and distrust one another. They seem to be doing a great job.

One of the most important things for a well functioning society is trust. Trust in your neighbours, trust in the strangers you meet, trust in the judicial and the political systems. One of the main reasons New Zeeland and the Scandinavian countries do so well in most international comparissons on very diverse issues is the high level of trust in these countries. I think Canada also falls in this category, but you have to watch out so you do not get infected with the increasing divisiveness present in your southern neighbour.

https://ourworldindata.org/trust
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

We are seeing the US infection in Canada already Per. But whatever, China is the new World Empire anyways.