CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:04 pm Gulf Islands. Curious what Pender Island is like, I’ve never been. Anyone?
Nope. Never been.
Closest I've been is probably Seattle.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Revisiting the outcome of the Swedish election...

Voter turnout was up, but I was surprised it only reached a measly 86.31%.
Sure, that is higher than the mere 85.14 that turned up in 2014, but given the importance of this election, give that everyone knew it was an extremely tight race, I'm really disappointed we didn't even reach 90% participation. :(

With overseas and voting day absentee votes included, there have been some minor shifts; the social democrats and the christian democrats have each lost one seat, while the green party and the liberals have each gained one. No shift between the two blocks though. There was also a seat that briefly shifted from the centre party to the Sweden democrats and then back again.

The social democrats insist that as the party holding most seats, they should form the backbone of the government, but have reached across the aisle and asked the centre party and liberals to support them and perhaps be part of a coalition government.

The alliance insists that there is a hostile majority (alliance + Sweden democrats) to the social democrats in parliament, and that they should form the backbone of the government.
This is a bit short sighted though, as the Sweden democrats have stated they will not support a government that does not give them influence, and the centre party and liberals have been very clear that they will not form part of a government that is dependent on support from the Sweden democrats.

The green party has suggested they could support a center-left government lead by Annie Lööf, leader of the centre party.
As irrelevant as this could seem, I think this could be the key to finding a working solution.

Both Annie Lööf (centre party leader) and Jan Björklund (liberal leader) have stated they will not support a government lead by Stefan Löfvén (social democratic leader).
Likewise, Stefan Löfvén has scoffed at the idea that the social democrats should support a government formed by the alliance.

But if the social democrats could be humble enough to cede the position of Prime Minister to Annie Lööf, and the centre party and liberals then join the social democrats and the green party to form a government based on broad socio-liberal ideals, they would have 167 seats, which while technically not a majority, would be more than the conservatives, christian democrats and Sweden democrats combined (154).

The left party can not be included in an across the aisle government coalition, as the centre party and liberals are almost as wary of these pseudo-communists as they are of the pseudo-nazis in the Sweden democrats, but it is not likely that the left party, that hold the remaining 28 seats, would ever even consider to join forces with either of the three parties at the right wing end of the political scale, and thus they will almost certainly let this centre-left coalition get their budget and most other legislation through parliament by either voting with them or abstain from voting. Thus they would be fairly safe. And on issues where the left party does vote against them, they can probably find support from the christian democrats or conservatives. I think this might fly. :thumbs:

Annie Lööf is also hugely popular even outside of her own party for being very outspoken against the Sweden democrats and taking them on more than once in verbal fist fights.

Yeah, I think this might fly.
And having the green party suggest it, takes away some of the embarassment from the social democrats and the centre party.

It will probably take weeks (if not months) of posturing before they can reach this common sense solution though. :roll:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Interesting that the SD added 13 seats based solely on the issue of mass migration and the muslim problem

Obviously theres an issue Per.
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 am Interesting that the SD added 13 seats based solely on the issue of mass migration and the muslim problem

Well, 17.5% think so.

82.5% apparently do not.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Considering that party didnt previously exist, relatively speaking, that is a massive point being made
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:18 am Considering that party didnt previously exist, relatively speaking, that is a massive point being made
So what does this mean for BC when the Greens elected 2 in the current government. Sometimes something occurring in the local environment triggers a change but it may not be long term.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:24 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:44 pm
Per wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:47 am Not sure what you wanted me to respond to.
*pics*
The protests in Kuala Lumpur in 2010 against Lars Vilks?!
No no no, I meant what do you think about you and yours being replaced by those folks over time.

(they increase in numbers over generations + you and yours decrease = extinction of the libs)

I was wondering if you see the folly of your "progressive" (HA!) ways yet.

Personally I look forward to the inevitable establishment of Sharia Law in Sweden.

"Swedish Twins" of the future:

OH BABY!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:05 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:00 am Interesting that the SD added 13 seats based solely on the issue of mass migration and the muslim problem

Well, 17.5% think so.

82.5% apparently do not.
17.5% think the issue is severe enough to influence their vote. I'm sure even you know that 82.5% figure has little meaning.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

14.2% if the world population is white and shrinking. The white world as we know it will slowly darken and eventually look like the real Arabic Jesus instead of the bearded white hippy Jim Mortison Jesus
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 am 14.2% if the world population is white and shrinking. The white world as we know it will slowly darken and eventually look like the real Arabic Jesus instead of the bearded white hippy Jim Mortison Jesus
Oh the degradation of it all. :shock:

J/K......kinda.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:58 am 14.2% if the world population is white and shrinking. The white world as we know it will slowly darken and eventually look like the real Arabic Jesus instead of the bearded white hippy Jim Mortison Jesus
Well 33.85% of the world population is Caucasian, but I wasn't talking about race.

I was talking culture, religion, politics, and the eventual end of Per & Co.

Yeah, I was talking about the inherent death wish of liberalism...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:27 am
Well 33.85% of the world population is Caucasian, but I wasn't talking about race.

I was talking culture, religion, politics, and the eventual end of Per & Co.

Yeah, I was talking about the inherent death wish of liberalism...
Twin pic sure made it look like it was about race.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:11 pm Twin pic sure made it look like it was about race.
Yeahno, they are Muslim jihadists...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:06 pm
Per wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:11 pm Twin pic sure made it look like it was about race.
Right... :roll:

The one to the left is showing hair, shoulder and arms.

Just saying.

She's just a black girl standing next to a Muslim girl.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:15 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:06 pm
Right... :roll:

The one to the left is showing hair, shoulder and arms.

Just saying.

She's just a black girl standing next to a Muslim girl.
Whatever, the theme of my posts has clearly been about immigration and the Muslim effect on Sweden.

(I have said nothing about race whatsoever)

I simply image-googled "Muslim twins" and quickly chose that particular pic.

(turns out they are identical twin sisters Jalila and Jamila Henry)

The headline in google images only said "My identical twin sister wants jihad… but I'm just".

(I didn't click on the article)

But I understand, libs are trained to wrongly scream "racist" at the drop of a hat.

I still remember libs wrongly saying that about John McCain when he ran against Obama.

(ironically later they loved John for duking it out with another chap they wrongly accused of racism: Lord Trump)

Hell a lot of these poor demented lefties claim everyone who supports Donny is a racist! :wow:

Yup trying to make every conversation about racism in a duplicitous attempt to gain the moral high ground...
____
Try to focus on someday.