Were you ever bullied? Have you ever been a bully?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Were you ever bullied? Have you ever been a bully?

Post by Wildfaery »

I admit i have been on both sides of this coin. As a young grade school child i had been bullied...for being small...i am still short. but i have been a witness to (and didn't do anything about an incident in high school) went to an all girls catholic high school, with nuns. the older nuns were study hall moniters. one day there was a ruckus in the room and the sister tried to get control...her dentures fell out of her mouth and were grabbed by a student and thrown around the room ... when they were thrown at me ... i didn't want to touch them ... so they were taken and tossed somemore...i wish i would have taken them and given them back to her. i could have prevented another person's suffering and i did nothing...
Namaste WF
Namaste WF
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Were you ever bullied? Have you ever been a bully?

Post by rats19 »

Not to judge....cuz if you still think about it, must have upset you. I am no judge, but if that's all ya got girl....u a saint.

I have always stuck up for the underdog, but a few, let's callthem nerds...needed help, I gave that help..but the vig was....I owned them, never did anything horrible to them but they knew the deal and took the lesser of the evils...moi!

More mental anguish than physical..the guys who got picked last for dodgeball,you know the type...good and willing screens they were...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Both. I enjoyed both greatly in the past.

Being bullied in both school and online allowed me the opportunity to bully back harder because he or she started it and two wrongs always make a right regardless of what people say (my line of thinking at the time).

Being a bully in both school and online was also fun because I got to see people act like little bitches.......while also getting a measure of revenge.

At current however - I don't consider myself to be a bully or bullied. I'm too busy with my career, marathon training, chess training (lol), and investing, to care about any disparaging remarks thrown my way......if there are any. Oddly enough, I don't really feel compelled to bully people and be a dickhead to people as much as I want to. I can't help but feel bad now when I do it and so I had to stop (conscience starting kicking in a bit around the 2008ish mark. Booo).

Would much rather just focus on achieving my goals in the 4 different areas of life that I have chosen.
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Fri May 11, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

rats19 wrote:Not to judge....cuz if you still think about it, must have upset you. I am no judge, but if that's all ya got girl....u a saint.

I have always stuck up for the underdog, but a few, let's callthem nerds...needed help, I gave that help..but the vig was....I owned them, never did anything horrible to them but they knew the deal and took the lesser of the evils...moi!

More mental anguish than physical..the guys who got picked last for dodgeball,you know the type...good and willing screens they were...lol
yep...i was a screen then. my sister Susie(jesus) heysuse was younger than i by 13 months and bigger protected me and the younger sisters from all the neighborhood bullies. i'm no saint...left alotta times with conscience flying ...lovers and friends...but also i was there for alot of others ...so i hope my karma is even...the love you take is equal to the love you make. words are cheap...this work is rough.
Namaste WF
Namaste WF
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Both. I enjoyed both greatly.

Being bullied in both school and online allowed me the opportunity to bully back harder because he or she started it and two wrongs always make a right regardless of what people say.

Being a bully in both school and online was also fun because I got to see people act like little bitches.......while also getting a measure of revenge.

At current however - I don't consider myself to be a bully or bullied. I'm too busy with my career, marathon training, chess training (lol), and investing, to care about any disparaging remarks thrown my way......if there are any. Oddly enough, I don't really feel compelled to bully people and be a dickhead to people as much as I want to. I can't help but feel bad now when I do it and so I had to stop (conscience starting kicking in a bit around the 2008ish mark. Booo).

Would much rather just focus on achieving my goals in the 4 different areas of life that I have chosen.
then i wish you sucess and joy and life and karma is kind to you.
Namaste, WF
Namaste WF
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Wildfaery wrote:
then i wish you sucess and joy and life and karma is kind to you.
Namaste, WF
Thanks Wildfaery,

Same to you. To be completely honest - I don't really like engaging in conflicts of any kind any more......and pretty much only respond if it's coming my way (which very rarely happens nowadays anyways). Even with that in mind, I usually don't get bogged down in that sort of stuff anymore.

Living in South Korea for one year (2007) gave me a bit of a different perspective on things and so I tried to carry that going forward.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Queuing ODB- Ol Dirty Bastard 'before and after having kids'

Where's thinker, he'd probably have some doozies of ol dirty bastard ripping me or someone apart.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Whenever I encountered a bully like Blob MacKenzie I always said, "Dude? What's with the aggression? It's all good."
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Yes and yes.

Everyone has on both sides.

I once got in a fight in gr 7 bcs a douche pulled my string outta my hoodie (Maybe thats why I always pull them out as soon as I buy them now? :thumbs: )

As for me bullying, meh.....I dont remember. :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:Whenever I encountered a bully like Blob MacKenzie I always said, "Dude? What's with the aggression? It's all good."
I once had to tell Rats "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Why hasn't Doc confessed yet?
2011..... the one that got away.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:Why hasn't Doc confessed yet?
Thanks for asking, I have come to the conclusion that bullying is wrong.

And you best buy into that Eddy because i DO know where you live. :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:Why hasn't Doc confessed yet?
Thanks for asking, I have come to the conclusion that bullying is wrong.

And you best buy into that Eddy because i DO know where you live. :hmmm:
And I know where you post...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:look:

*hands over milk money*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

I was on both sides of it...

When ever I hear this anti-bullying stuff I cant help but think we are all turning into a bunch of pussies.....

I mean of course there is some stuff that is crazy over the top, but what kid doesn't get teased a little growing up?

When I was 10 or 11, my parents sent me to Scotland to stay with my grandmother.

The first day I arrived I went to the park and some kids started picking on me. I went back and told my Gran (looking for some sympathy) and much to my surprise she raised an eyebrow and said "whats the matter with yer own dukes" anyway I went back to the park shit kicked one of the kids and felt like a million bucks.

My grandma is dead now but that is one of the things she did that really stuck with me. It really was the best lesson you can teach a kid.

Fight your own battles and don't be a fucking pussie.

The over coddled kids who don't learn that lesson will get ripped apart in the real world when their parents aren't their to to save them from the "adult" bullies who push them around in very different ways.

Obviously there is exceptions but for the most part it is really good for kids to stand up for themselves and fight their own battles.