It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: It's getting warm

Post by ODB »

Arachnid wrote:
ODB wrote:Image
Cypher: Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance will get you raped by a large inmate :eh:
:|
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Hey Ohdee,

What did you think of the reactions of Bruins fan on twitter when Joel Ward scored the OT winner. ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/wo ... 84936.html
OTTAWA - James Lovelock, one of the world's most revered environmentalists and scientists, has admitted to being an "alarmist" about climate change.

Lovelock now admits he went too far.

The 92-year-old now says his warnings were too alarmist, and that he and many others, including former U.S. vice-president Al Gore, were "extrapolating too far" from computer models.

"The climate is doing its usual tricks. There's nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now," he told MSNBC.

"The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time ... it (the temperature) has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising -- carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that."

Lovelock was first to figure out how to detect CFCs that experts said were creating holes in the ozone layer,

The Queen has honoured him and NASA uses his inventions, but John Bennett of the Sierra Club of Canada is not so impressed.

Bennett still holds Al Gore in high regard, despite Lovelock saying he was being an alarmist too.
Hmmm some say "alarmists"

and some say

"wide-eyed bleeding-heart fear-mongering sniffin-their-own-poop doom-and-gloom fucking leftist fascists." :mex:

Good move Dr Lovelock..... and nice name. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Even better Doc

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2012/0 ... d-science/

Beside Dr. Lovelock
What else has the press, in its wisdom, decided to keep from the public in recent days? One eye-opener is the advance of ice in both the Arctic and the Antarctic — both are now at or above average levels. Another is an announcement by researchers at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan and the Riken research foundation that the world may be heading into a prolonged period of global cooling — the Japanese study compared sunspot activity today with sunspots that preceded the Little Ice Age in the 17th century to find close similarities.
and the old jerks vs creeps idea
The freshest story of all this week, which by rights should have rated stellar coverage, involved a powerful refutation of Darwin’s theory of evolution and its mechanism, natural selection. “Natural selection acts only by taking advantage of slight successive variations; she can never take a great and sudden leap, but must advance by short and sure, though slow steps,” Darwin wrote. Now, suggests a study published by the U.K.’s Royal Astronomical Society, life on Earth did not evolve smoothly at all: To the contrary, the planet owes its diversity to intense periods of productivity interspersed with immense periods of stagnancy. The mechanism for this evolving theory? Climate change on Earth, driven by galactic cosmic rays originating from exploding supernovas — the final act of stars.
jerks are pretty good at accounting for evolution within their ideas as a void in the ecosystem is created and it rapidly filled through mutations, some of which work well, some don't.
Last edited by Topper on Wed May 02, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

*looks at Spidey*

:crazy:

Yeah, some don't work....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:... driven by galactic cosmic rays originating from exploding supernovas ...

:shock: So that's where they come from...
Last edited by Per on Wed May 02, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/wo ... 84936.html
OTTAWA - James Lovelock, one of the world's most revered environmentalists and scientists, has admitted to being an "alarmist" about climate change.

Lovelock now admits he went too far.

The 92-year-old now says his warnings were too alarmist, and that he and many others, including former U.S. vice-president Al Gore, were "extrapolating too far" from computer models.

"The climate is doing its usual tricks. There's nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now," he told MSNBC.

"The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time ... it (the temperature) has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising -- carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that."

Lovelock was first to figure out how to detect CFCs that experts said were creating holes in the ozone layer,

The Queen has honoured him and NASA uses his inventions, but John Bennett of the Sierra Club of Canada is not so impressed.

Bennett still holds Al Gore in high regard, despite Lovelock saying he was being an alarmist too.
Hmmm some say "alarmists"

and some say

"wide-eyed bleeding-heart fear-mongering sniffin-their-own-poop doom-and-gloom fucking leftist fascists." :mex:

Good move Dr Lovelock..... and nice name. :thumbs:
Is that the opposite to a 'closed eyes cold-hearted, fear-induced crotch sniff'n Armageddon love'n christ fuck'n righty racist''?

:drink:

Everyone can believe what they want, if you don't believe that our financial system is based on resources and debt/interest and we are in a big bubble that is about to pop that's cool too. Everyone loves a strange fool :wink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:*looks at Spidey*

Wait, are you saying I am pretty good at being a jerk or that doesn't work?... :look:

Now I know why our team failed in the first round, some guy got into the henhouse/dressingroom and started preaching all they needed was prayer because it's all gods good plan and they are doomed anyways... :evil:

Holy winesucker batlove, your homeboy just flicked the switch (turned off the light?)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... le2419819/

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Hmmm some say "alarmists"

and some say

Is that the opposite to a 'closed eyes cold-hearted, fear-induced crotch sniff'n Armageddon love'n christ fuck'n righty racist''?

Hey, no need to be rude Spidey! Image

Besides I had no clue you are a member of a visible minotity. :mex:
Arachnid wrote: Everyone can believe what they want, if you don't believe that our financial system is based on resources and debt/interest and we are in a big bubble that is about to pop that's cool too. Everyone loves a strange fool :wink:
I thought we were talkin bout climate change. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote: *looks at Spidey*

Wait, are you saying I am pretty good at being a jerk or that doesn't work?... :look:
All that really matters is this: I've got no issues with you mutants. :look:
Arachnid wrote: Holy winesucker batlove, your homeboy just flicked the switch (turned off the light?)

“Because I enjoy being out there, because I realize these places aren’t everywhere in the world, I just feel it’s important that we do our best to protect them.” - Scott Niedermayer

Oh he’s “out there” alright! Wink

A retired multi-millionaire who has no clue when it comes to the economy and jobs (or any alleged dangers)

Boils down to: He misses his puck bunnies and is looking fill the void with pinko bunnies. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: “Because I enjoy being out there, because I realize these places aren’t everywhere in the world, I just feel it’s important that we do our best to protect them.” - Scott Niedermayer

A retired multi-millionaire who has no clue when it comes to the economy and jobs (or any alleged dangers)
Translation - I can afford to take helicopter to go fly fishing for steelhead and you can't.

Folks, how many pipelines do we already have crossing the province. Why is one more an issue?

The Gitxsan did a deal, they have since backed out of (Indian givers) for $7mil, and the route doesn't even cross their land claims.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote: *looks at Spidey*

All that really matters is this: I've got no issues with you mutants. :look:
Arachnid wrote: Holy winesucker batlove, your homeboy just flicked the switch (turned off the light?)

“Because I enjoy being out there, because I realize these places aren’t everywhere in the world, I just feel it’s important that we do our best to protect them.” - Scott Niedermayer

Boils down to: He misses his puck bunnies and is looking fill the void with pinko bunnies. Image

Hallelujah Brotha! I wonder if Davey will be as productive as ol' Scottie is in his retirement 8-)

Amen!

by and by, Spiderman is not a mutant like those stinking X-men :evil:
Last edited by Arachnid on Wed May 02, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Hmmm some say "alarmists"

and some say

Hey, no need to be rude Spidey! Image

Besides I had no clue you are a member of a visible minotity. :mex:
Arachnid wrote: Everyone can believe what they want, if you don't believe that our financial system is based on resources and debt/interest and we are in a big bubble that is about to pop that's cool too. Everyone loves a strange fool :wink:
I thought we were talkin bout climate change. Image
Rude is my middle name, I am most definitely.
I love to shit in Mercedes Benz, Hummer, SUV drivers faces and fuck their daughters in the back seats, burn limited carbon based resources because that's the smartest thing to do. I mean who cares right?! I have sold out to the highest of bidders, consumed more than I could ever humanly consume, made sure to think only of myself in all my actions. Anything goes in our freedom of speech capitalist democracy right?! :wink:

Stupid monkey or smart ape? 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote: “Because I enjoy being out there, because I realize these places aren’t everywhere in the world, I just feel it’s important that we do our best to protect them.” - Scott Niedermayer

Translation - I can afford to take helicopter to go fly fishing for steelhead and you can't.

Folks, how many pipelines do we already have crossing the province. Why is one more an issue?

The Gitxsan did a deal, they have since backed out of (Indian givers) for $7mil, and the route doesn't even cross their land claims.
:lol: There's already one bullet in your head what's one more?!

First Nations! The Eco-Terrorists! Gonna be a great fight *gets some popcorn*
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What were the wagon burners first at?