It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: It's getting warm

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Arachnid wrote: It doesn't take a degree to tell the climate is changing
Climate is always changing. The earth is a very dynamic place. No need to get worked up over it.
Heh, funny that. Climate is always changing. OK so next you are going to say resources will never be depleted. Carbon based fuels does not effect the air quality. Perto-chemical based GMO foods are good for you.
I know people only think of themselves in the current state. Mortgage, hockey team, feeding 12 kids. What of 40-50 years from now. Our kids kids. What will they say of us? Dumas's....Our time is now.

As for Nurse OrangeDuck, there will be survivors. The ones that didn't use religion or science as a crutch or an excuse.

For an over privileged white man to say everything is fine, carry-on says a lot 8-) Try living in a place affected by extreme weather from climate change.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

You are right.

Our Time IS Now

I don't give a fuck what me great great grandson thinks of me. Fucker probably won't think anything anyways. Thinking will have long been replaced.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:You are right.

Our Time IS Now

I don't give a fuck what me great great grandson thinks of me. Fucker probably won't think anything anyways. Thinking will have long been replaced.
You sound like a jaded Canuck fan :|

8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: I know people only think of themselves in the current state. Mortgage, hockey team, feeding 12 kids. What of 40-50 years from now. Our kids kids. What will they say of us? Dumas's....Our time is now.

As for Nurse OrangeDuck, there will be survivors. The ones that didn't use religion or science as a crutch or an excuse.

For an over privileged white man to say everything is fine, carry-on says a lot 8-) Try living in a place affected by extreme weather from climate change.
Spidey I like you, even if you may in fact be one of those previously mentioned...

"Wide-eyed bleeding-heart fear-mongering sniffin-their-own-poop doom-and-gloom fucking fascists".

My advice is you forget about 'global warming' for awhile and.... chill. :thumbs:

You are starting to sound like one of those "END IS NEAR" sign-toters.

Relax buddy, perhaps an ice-age-starting meteor is on its way even as we type. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Topper wrote:You are right.

Our Time IS Now

You sound like a jaded Canuck fan :|

8-)
One is, at this point, reminded of "The Hockey Stick Illusion: Climategate and the Corruption of Science" by Andy Montford.

It's a story about climate science, deception, greed, lust and...unbridled enthusiasm. You see Spider, Andy was a simple country boy... you might say a cockeyed optimist... who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of climatology and the politics of science.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I know people only think of themselves in the current state. Mortgage, hockey team, feeding 12 kids. What of 40-50 years from now. Our kids kids. What will they say of us? Dumas's....Our time is now.

Spidey I like you, even if you may in fact be one of those previously mentioned...

"Wide-eyed bleeding-heart fear-mongering sniffin-their-own-poop doom-and-gloom fucking fascists".

My advice is you forget about 'global warming' for awhile and.... chill. :thumbs:

You are starting to sound like one of those "END IS NEAR" sign-toters.

Relax buddy, perhaps an ice-age-starting meteor is on its way even as we type. :drink:
*thinks about what StrongeMauve said....*

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah 8-)

This shyte rocks Doc, I'm just a little old cartoonist, butt, it's a great time to be alive, I went back to school to study green architecture and renewable energy technology, food security, sustainability, permaculture...it's all good. I'm pretty passionate about this stuff. And now I make my living doing it; meetings with policy makers/politicians, community leaders, company owners........working with some amazing peeps and wicked projects...I fucking love it..... :mrgreen:

I'm fine with people putting their heads in the sand and deniers and apocalypse rats and green tree fuckers, old dirty white men...no one is gonna change...but there is change a foot...it doesn't take a failed tennis pro to figure sustainability is an opportunity for our society to build positive communities, grow ethical businesses and implement green tech ;)

Sounds like an end is nigher eh?! It isn't near (or in the mirror) it IS here and I'm good

You wanna read some good stuff on it instead of the usual mainstream stuff...

Passive House http://passivedesign.ca/passivehouseconcept.html

Transition Movement http://transitionus.org/transition-town-movement

Some smart mofus out there...you should see what they're doing in urban Detroit....

http://detroitblackfoodsecurity.org/
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

..I wish it were getting warmer.

:look:

I freeze my ass off getting out of the car at the office at 5:30 every day.

From heated house to heated garage to heated car to wtf it's cold out here for fukin May!!
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: ..I wish it were getting warmer.

From heated house to heated garage to heated car to wtf it's cold out here for fukin May!!
Good on ya for keeping those heaters blowin Don, now do the planet a favour and open the windows dude. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:..I wish it were getting warmer.

:scowl:
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
donlever wrote: ..I wish it were getting warmer.

Good on ya for keeping those heaters blowin Don, now do the planet a favour and open the windows dude. :wink:
Good luck in Heaven™ Doc ...or where ever the Kool Aid dude says you're go'n :drink:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^^ *ouch* God'll get ya for that one Spidey!

:mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:^^ *ouch* God'll get ya for that one Spidey!

:mrgreen:
Not sure which is funnier the cartoon or the MR Green smiley ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: And of course during Galileo's lifetime he would have scoffed at the idea of a flat Earth if someone were to suggest such a thing (no one ever did).
Found this page at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

I remember learning this was a fable in grade 8 (before that point I believed the fable was true).

Thank you Mr McKay!

Now I'm wondering how many folks out there believe the fable true to this very day (apparently there are many).

Fable: At some point in time the prevailing scientific view in Western Civilization was that the Earth is flat.

As a matter of fact the idea was never even entertained in scholarly circles.

Hmmm one wonders if one should start a Common Misconceptions thread.
Last edited by Strangelove on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Strangelove wrote: And of course during Galileo's lifetime he would have scoffed at the idea of a flat Earth if someone were to suggest such a thing (no one ever did).

I remember learning this was a fable in grade 8 (before that point I believed the fable was true).

Thank you Mr McKay!

Now I'm wondering how many folks out there believe the fable true to this very day (apparently there are many).

Fable: At some point in time the prevailing scientific in Western Civilization view was that the Earth is flat.

Wikipedia?! :rofl:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:

Thank you Mr McKay!

Fable: At some point in time the prevailing scientific in Western Civilization view was that the Earth is flat.

In an example of critical thinking me old math teacher poked that myth in the eye...
"In 240 BC, the mathematician and astronomer Eratosthenes of Alexandria was able to calculate the size of the Earth by knowing that on a particular day, the Sun was directly overhead at noon at one city, and several degrees off the vertical at noon in another."