It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: It's getting warm

Post by rats19 »

I just love you guys....fmlarge...while I use terms that can be blasphemed I in no way intended them as such....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

donlever wrote:..I wish it were getting warmer.

:look:

I freeze my ass off getting out of the car at the office at 5:30 every day.

From heated house to heated garage to heated car to wtf it's cold out here for fukin May!!
Wow! May already? :o

I knew you were in a different time zone, but I thought it was just like 9 hours difference... :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

ha ha ha

It's a week away Per.

Journalistic licence and all that eh wot?

But I'm sure the temperatures will be to the point where I can take off my sweat shirt, vest and November jacket and be wearing lighter Spring clothing by next Tuesday.

:sly:
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

Oops, looks like it IS political :shock: ....'Ms. Smith said the science around climate change is not settled.' The extreme rightwing Wild Rose party wants to revisit their stand on climate change to appeal the more sane voters... 8-)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... le2413350/

One thing for the born-again police white right to stick their heads in the sand butt flip flops?! I thought those glee love'n commie cyclist pinkos only did that to get elected :mex:

Glad I went apolitical....a Green party member got mad at me the other day after a meeting when I mentioned I dumped any allegiance to all parties.

Occupy this! I told him ;)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ODB
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by ODB »

Cypher: Ignorance is bliss.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

ODB wrote:Image
Cypher: Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance will get you raped by a large inmate :eh:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Arachnid wrote:Oops, looks like it IS political :shock:

Glad I went apolitical....a Green party member got mad at me the other day after a meeting when I mentioned I dumped any allegiance to all parties.

Wait, you make your living architecting green buildings and all that for the enviro conscious worry warts and you are trying to be apolitical?? Is it me or does that sound like a contradiction in terms?

Speaking of enviro conscious architecture, my daughter attends Okanagan Collage in Penticton where JImmy Pattison donated a whack of coin to their new zero carbon footprint building. The building generates most of its its own power and has its own sewage plant. They call it the Centre of Excellence, however the low volume crappers don't have enough flush power to handle a decent dump so all the kids go across to the old building and the cafeteria can't use major electric appliances so its sandwiches and food prepared off site. Plus the kicker, no one in the offices are allowed electric kettles to make coffee or tea so everyone goes across to the old building or brings starbucks/Timmies.
Now that sounds perfectly political to me.

The empty shell game :lol:
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Oops, looks like it IS political :shock:

Wait, you make your living architecting green buildings and all that for the enviro conscious worry warts and you are trying to be apolitical?? Is it me or does that sound like a contradiction in terms?

Speaking of enviro conscious architecture, my daughter attends Okanagan Collage in Penticton where JImmy Pattison donated a whack of coin to their new zero carbon footprint building. The building generates most of its its own power and has its own sewage plant. They call it the Centre of Excellence, however the low volume crappers don't have enough flush power to handle a decent dump so all the kids go across to the old building and the cafeteria can't use major electric appliances so its sandwiches and food prepared off site. Plus the kicker, no one in the offices are allowed electric kettles to make coffee or tea so everyone goes across to the old building or brings starbucks/Timmies.
Now that sounds perfectly political to me.

The empty shell game :lol:
Whether a cartoonist or architecture I believe in smart design. There is a right way and a wrong way to do something. The old school designers have no clue and just want to make a buck and their client happy. The ' New & Improved' designers (old schoolers re-educated or new designers being taught by the stale old designers) follow the LEED and that, like a Prius, is a load of shyte. An empty shell game as you say.

You of all people should know about Transition Towns and Passive Houses. I don't care if you or left or right, as long as you a smart monkey and not a stupid ape when it comes to design.

I don't wait for governments or political parties to tell me what I can and cannot build. I will not let client tell me either. If it isn't done right, then don't fucking do it.

JImmy Pattison :lol: What a fucking joke. Perhaps your daughter should have went to UBC. Check out the Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability http://cirs.ubc.ca/ Fucking brilliant, mate. So fsar outside the box they don't even get so called LEED points for using pine beetle wood for their amphitheatre. I was there last November for the opening, it's not political, it's just a change in mind shift from the old school. Because the old way of doing things worked sooooooo well :roll:

Perhaps that is where lies the problem, not ignorance as ODEE said, just a severe lack of creativity and intelligence to actually come up with design that comes from the instinctual part of us.....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Oops, looks like it IS political :shock:
Well duh, it became a proverbial political football years ago you silly buggerer.
Arachnid wrote: ....'Ms. Smith said the science around climate change is not settled.'
She spoketh correctly.
Arachnid wrote: The extreme rightwing Wild Rose party wants to revisit their stand on climate change to appeal the more sane voters... 8-)
"sane voters"!!! IN ALBERTA!!! Image

*composes self*

Actually she wants to appeal more to those who have been somewot brainwashed by the wide-eyed bleeding-heart fear-mongering sniffin-their-own-poop doom-and-gloom fucking fascists. She just figured out sticking to the truth doesn't bode well for a political party in this day & age.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Ignorance will get you raped by a large inmate :eh:

:shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:sticking to the truth doesn't bode well for a political party in this day & age.
:shock:

Don't you live in whacky political hotspot BC?! 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Strangelove wrote: And of course during Galileo's lifetime he would have scoffed at the idea of a flat Earth if someone were to suggest such a thing (no one ever did).
Found this page at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

I remember learning this was a fable in grade 8 (before that point I believed the fable was true).

Thank you Mr McKay!

Now I'm wondering how many folks out there believe the fable true to this very day (apparently there are many).

Fable: At some point in time the prevailing scientific view in Western Civilization was that the Earth is flat.

As a matter of fact the idea was never even entertained in scholarly circles.

Hmmm one wonders if one should start a Common Misconceptions thread.
Wikipedia?! :rofl:
Well it is a good place to start for those who have swallowed this particular fable (lotsa links).

Surely you don't mock the fact that 'ruling flatearthers' is a myth?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Found this page at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

I remember learning this was a fable in grade 8 (before that point I believed the fable was true).

Thank you Mr McKay!

Now I'm wondering how many folks out there believe the fable true to this very day (apparently there are many).

Fable: At some point in time the prevailing scientific view in Western Civilization was that the Earth is flat.

As a matter of fact the idea was never even entertained in scholarly circles.

Hmmm one wonders if one should start a Common Misconceptions thread.
Wikipedia?! :rofl:
Well it is a good place to start for those who have swallowed this particular fable (lotsa links).

Surely you don't mock the fact that 'ruling flatearthers' is a myth?
I don't even do research on the web, too much BS out there (at least in the mainstream)...Flat Earth?! What the 'ell is that?! There may or may not have been, not really relative. I did discover when I once aspired to be an Archaeologist in my first go-round at Uni that everyone has a theory, and you can make a career or brilliant argument based on it butt then someone else comes along and squashes it. Best to be your own guide and not swallow mainstream kool aid. Think smart, think for yourself...you know, to your own self be true....I know am advocating individuality here and I apologize for that....not fitting in with the lemons...er....lemmings....I aim not to change anyones opinion on anything anymore, why argue with fools eh?! :sly: Better to put energy into real shyte...and not the superficial....
Knucklehead
AHL Prospect

Post by Knucklehead »

There is a possibility that global warming, whatever it's cause, will cause...wait for it....AN ICE AGE!

This would be caused by the shutting down or slowing of the Great Ocean Conveyor resuling in a much colder Europe and Eastern North America.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... ar_arctic/

Although more current research would indicate that it is in fact speeding up!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 132405.htm

So nobody knows a damn thing and Strangelove could be right afterall.

Or conversely the speeding of the current could accelerate warming in the North causing catastrauphic warming and we are all doomed!
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Knucklehead wrote:
So nobody knows a damn thing and Strangelove could be right afterall.
Doc's epitaph.
DeLevering since 1999.