It's getting warm

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: It's getting warm

Post by donlever »

DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Per wrote: It's not the end of humankind either, but if nothing is done immediately, or better yet - a couple of decades ago, a massive relocation of a couple ofhundred milllion people may become necessary over the next 50-100 years as coastal areas are claimed by the sea.
Meh. I'll probably be dead by then so I don't care.

Hopefully, the Canucks win the cup within the next 50 years before the whole world becomes like Nigeria.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Y'know what I really hate?

Wide-eyed bleeding-heart fear-mongering sniffin-their-own-poop doom-and-gloom fucking leftist fascists.

(frascists??) :look:

That's what I hate.

A few decades ago these folks were screaming "Oh noes we's bees on the verge of another ICE AGE y'all!!!"

And of course the 'scientific consensus' at the time backed that up based upon 'recent data'. :roll:

Y'know what their deal is?

I'll tell ya what their FUCKING deal is.

They are constantly creating delusions which seem to grant them the moral high ground.

That way they feel they can prance about with their ridiculous holier-than-thou attitudes.

What these self-loving blind-as-bats dumb-fucks don't get is that the sun goes through unpredictable cycles.

They can't predict next week's weather but these el tardos can predict the global climate 50 years henceforth?

Really??

Pull your collective heads out of your collective asses!

Or better yet shove em further up so's us sane folk can't hear ya!!

MMMMMkay?? :evil:

One thing we know for certain is that when the global economy nosedives we end up in World Wars.

So let's do everything we can to ramp up the economy ALRIGHTY?? :twisted:

.... save the world and all that rot?

*throws another leftist on the fire*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:Y'know what I really hate?

Wide-eyed bleeding-heart fear-mongering sniffin-their-own-poop doom-and-gloom fucking leftist fascists.

(frascists??) :look:

That's what I hate.

A few decades ago these folks were screaming "Oh noes we's bees on the verge of another ICE AGE y'all!!!"

And of course the 'scientific consensus' at the time backed that up based upon 'recent data'. :roll:

Y'know what their deal is?

I'll tell ya what their FUCKING deal is.

They are constantly creating delusions which seem to grant them the moral high ground.

That way they feel they can prance about with their ridiculous holier-than-thou attitudes.

What these self-loving blind-as-bats dumb-fucks don't get is that the sun goes through unpredictable cycles.

They can't predict next week's weather but these el tardos can predict the global climate 50 years henceforth?

Really??

Pull your collective heads out of your collective asses!

Or better yet shove em further up so's us sane folk can't hear ya!!

MMMMMkay?? :evil:

One thing we know for certain is that when the global economy nosedives we end up in World Wars.

So let's do everything we can to ramp up the economy ALRIGHTY?? :twisted:

.... save the world and all that rot?

I hope the left and the right kill each other off Darwin/Christ style...that way the survivors who don't do party politics can remake the world as it should be...Feng Shui Style Baby! :rockin:

Frascists™ 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: that way the survivors...
Trust me, you don't wanna live in a post-thermonuclear-war world buddy!

That's why I'm working feverishly in a race against time to blow the planet to smithereens.

Because I care.

*gains moral high-ground* 8-)
Last edited by Strangelove on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:

Reminds me of when C-Pup went on record stating that God doesn't exist but that Alien life forms probably do.

I guess when cousins of ours die of cancer, they go into space and become aliens as opposed to going to heaven or hell? :roll:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Farhan Lalji wrote: Reminds me of when C-Pup went on record stating that God doesn't exist but that Alien life forms probably do.

I guess when cousins of ours die of cancer, they go into space and become aliens as opposed to going to heaven or hell? :roll:
Yup, I started a seemingly-friendly "Do you Believe in Aliens" thread and snared me a Castadope. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote: Reminds me of when C-Pup went on record stating that God doesn't exist but that Alien life forms probably do.

Yup, I started a seemingly-friendly "Do you Believe in Aliens" thread and snared me a Castadope. 8-)
Do you remember that one time in late 2004 when C-Pup reappeared and I tried to get him to explain how life evolved from non-life? I posted a picture of poo beside a picture of the Cosby family and asked C-Pup if life really could evolve from non life over the span of millions of years.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:

:lol: I remember that, he must be a big fan of Proctor...(Prostate? :eh: ) movie.... http://www.thrivemovement.com/

Great points about the Illuminatti but the alien energy stuff is in the realm of L. Ron H.!

You gotta admit...Darwin was right...only the smartest and better looking survive and find mates and have offspring in the end, the dumbasses keep inbreeding or look for gopher holes...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: that way the survivors...
Trust me, you don't wanna live in a post-thermonuclear-war world buddy!

That's why I'm working feverishly in a race against time to blow the planet to smithereens.

Because I care.

*gains moral high-ground* 8-)
Oh yeah?!

You can have moray eel ground...we gotsa....

Just keep him away from your daughters...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Farhan Lalji wrote: Do you remember that one time in late 2004 when C-Pup reappeared and I tried to get him to explain how life evolved from non-life? I posted a picture of poo beside a picture of the Cosby family and asked C-Pup if life really could evolve from non life over the span of millions of years.
Yes, I believe that was the first in a long line of poo/Crosby-family pics.

Along with 3 Calgary Flames dudes and some planet-of-the-apes shit. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote: Do you remember that one time in late 2004 when C-Pup reappeared and I tried to get him to explain how life evolved from non-life? I posted a picture of poo beside a picture of the Cosby family and asked C-Pup if life really could evolve from non life over the span of millions of years.
Yes, I believe that was the first in a long line of poo/Crosby-family pics.

Along with 3 Calgary Flames dudes and some planet-of-the-apes shit. :drink:

:lol:

I think my final act of trolling on rival sites came in 2006 on oilfans.com, where I speculated that Kevin Lowe liked the BBD. :P

Speaking of Charles Darwin, since it was brought up, I wonder if he ever married and got divorced in life? Would have sucked to be paying out all that alimony. :(
Lloyd Braun
CC Veteran

Post by Lloyd Braun »

Sick Bunny
CC Veteran

Post by Sick Bunny »

Ha, I go out for a few minutes, and next thing I know the climate is 0.5C warmer, and Doc is 0.5C more irascible, and 6 oz more full of it...
Strangelove wrote:A few decades ago these folks were screaming "Oh noes we's bees on the verge of another ICE AGE y'all!!!"

Interesting you should bring that up, because here's a 1981 paper that predicted current trends fairly accurately, and it's fairly mainstream at that: http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/ar ... rojection/
False argument. Short-term weather changes are virtually random, this is why an accurate forecast for next week is so hard to make. This has nothing to do with lon-term trends, which can be predicted accurately, see above. Simple example: I don't need to know if it's gonna rain tomorrow to tell you that the summer is going to be warmer than the winter.

So maybe the "el tardos" are full of shit... but it's far more likely that your argument is.

Anyway, doesn't this belong in the hockey stick thread?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lloyd Braun wrote:Image
Thanks for your input Lloyd, your graph implies someone is not looking at the big picture.

May I suggest a 30-year historical graph published in 1970 would be somewot the inverse... data-wise?

... and that the predictions a 1970 graph seemingly made would now be established as dead wrong.

Big picture Lloyd. ;)

I'd be interested in a graph showing changes in the Earth's climate over millenia.

I don't suppose you have any graphs published in say 2050 so that we might get an idea of what lies ahead...

do ya? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.