So...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: So...

Post by donlever »

ODB wrote: Donny did Chris say anything to you or did you just find a smoldering CC like everyone else?
After shutting down the site Chris e-mailed me explaining his reasoning, apologizing as he knew I had been around since pretty much the beginning and thanking me for my efforts and contributions over the years.

His words were mature and classy in the note.

I logged on one morning and CC was not there.

I had no pre-existing knowledge of what was going to occur nor would I have expected the same.

It was not my site, I just hung out there.
DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
If i remember correctly, the bannings went as follows:

-SrSez/cjb were first
-Mr Hockey was second
-GM, me, was 3rd (whether ODB likes it or not, guys like me and cjb were very much a part of the core)
-Arachnid, after being tricked by a troll handle of mine was then booted. Lotus blossom was slightly before this (although her banning was announced on the same day as Arachnid's due to faulty payments that she made.....allegedly?)

Phase 2 would occur about 3 years later. Many people were ousted, banned, and booted. Topper, Strangelove, ODB, etc, etc, etc,

Chris was down to just a handful of posters. A few days before Chris shut down the site for good, I revealed to Chris the "regular" handle name that I had been using since 2006 on his site. I honestly don't know if my revelation was what ultimately caused him to shut the site down, but to say that he was shocked would be an umderstatement.
Wot a load of Image

Krapil, you fooled no one, I was banned for posting eclectic intellectual references™ that only the elites got and for being an overall shit disturber :blush: , Blowhansen got mad cause he never understood it was the other posters that everyone came for not him or his site.
This CC is proof of that. Look at OD, he was here for Creeper (man love?! :| ). Some are here for HW, DonJuan, the StrangeOne...Clamchops, people don't come here or there for you and you never had another relevant handle. Brian runs a class joint here. You play by his rules, you're OK, must be hard for you 8-) Talk real hockey, joke about it but talk trash about someone and you might find yourself in legal trouble. Times have changed eh?! :mex:

..always the revisionist, you got banned because you threatened to rape another posters baby daughter....you haven't changed much have you? 8-)

SR was never core, he was in a class all by himself. Same with CBJ and Troubled/Hockey/Puppy, SR had trouble fitting in here too, just as you do.

I tried to warn you guys that we eat our young, that if we keep chopping off the bottom feeders (which are an integral part of the food chain) that eventually it will be us, it was, I was apart of the community core, gone in an instant.
Have to admit, I feel pretty vindicated and had to laugh at the core left at the old CC. You thought you were safe?
History shows otherwise to those that think they are.... I'm not and do not want to be core here, I'll take Lor's approach and be free of the flock :roll:
LOL. Settle down bro. I honestly don't mean to sound like a dick here, but you still seem very angry/bitter over shit that went down 6-9 years ago. You know its bad when even I feel a bit bad for you. :-/ Hopefully, you find the inner strength to overcome the mental demons which are obviously still in control of you. Cheers.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..I always kinda liked Classy.

But no one really bothered me to much.

Although that Rodius guy....

So you were posting at CC all along under a hidden handle eh GM?
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:
ODB wrote: Donny did Chris say anything to you or did you just find a smoldering CC like everyone else?
After shutting down the site Chris e-mailed me explaining his reasoning, apologizing as he knew I had been around since pretty much the beginning and thanking me for my efforts and contributions over the years.

His words were mature and classy in the note.

I logged on one morning and CC was not there.

I had no pre-existing knowledge of what was going to occur nor would I have expected the same.

It was not my site, I just hung out there.
Thanks for that donny..there was some genuine concern over your situation by the "friends of Donlever" coupled with not hearing from you for so long, we thought you too were kicked in the nuts...glad cj acknowledged your time and effort.....before kicking you in the nuts....

The silly bastard could have likely sold It to us if he would have just come clean..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

rats19 wrote: .....before kicking you in the nuts....

Your words, not mine.

I have no idea of where the guy was in his life, what his thoughts were at the time or what potential extenuating circumstances were.

Maybe "the group" is 100% correct, maybe he has his reasons, maybe it's somewhere in the middle.

All I know is none if it is for me to decide.

Judge not lest ye be judged...

Que sera sera....
DeLevering since 1999.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Lately I’ve been trimming my chest hair as well as my bag. I find it flows.... For the longest time I had these nicely trimmed balls and a natural chest... It just didn’t work IMO! Manscaping doesn’t end at the naval people. :thumbs:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...and there's the old Ohdee back and in fine form.
DeLevering since 1999.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

ODB wrote:Manscaping doesn’t end at the naval people. :thumbs:

:?
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote:..I always kinda liked Classy.

But no one really bothered me to much.

Although that Rodius guy....

So you were posting at CC all along under a hidden handle eh GM?
I also liked CJB quite a bit. He wasn't a part of the core In terms of friendships, or being a part of some clique, etc, but the guy was definitely a 'central' figure to the boards (<-----see wot I did dere? :P ).

I think Rodius was Strangelove in disguise, but I might be wrong. Strangelove was Vee as well I think. :shock:

Yes I had a handle there since 06'. I had some obvious troll handles that I created for brief stints every once in awhile (which made it look obvious that it was me), so that no one would ever suspect my real fake handle. I mainly used the handle to talk about hockey. Unlike my current Farhan character however, I didn't post any "off the wall" ideas or thoughts. They were far more conventional in nature.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I hated CJB at the beginning but after a couple years or so I kinda liked him. He was a hell of a lot more entertaining than most posters and that pic he posted of the german sheppard on some dude's lap was hilarious. He was calling TAFKATT a lap dog I think.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ODB wrote: Manscaping doesn’t end at the naval people. :thumbs:
Does it make your chest look bigger?

:mrgreen:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: SR was never core, he was in a class all by himself. Same with CBJ
Two of the biggest A-hole-yet-funny guys evAH!

Although most laughed at SRsez rather than with him (temper temper).

I believe SR got himself banned from the Corner as well?

Classy Jazzy Basi was the toughest mofo I've ever gone toe-to-toe with in a no-holds-barred forum

(of course I kicked his ass though). :drink:

Arachnid wrote: I tried to warn you guys that we eat our young, that if we keep chopping off the bottom feeders (which are an integral part of the food chain) that eventually it will be us, it was, I was apart of the community core, gone in an instant.
I dunno. There seemed to be a never-ending supply of "bottom feeders" finding their way in.

We'd still be feasting over there if it weren't for the fact you-know-who was leaking marbles for years

(fine line between genius and nutso). :mex:

Yup, two phases of meltdown says I, and in the end a certain someone ended up site-less, marble-less.
Arachnid wrote: I'm not and do not want to be core here, I'll take Lor's approach and be free of the flock :roll:
Lor's shed is a portal to an alternate reality or so I've heard. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Farhan Lalji wrote: Chris was down to just a handful of posters. A few days before Chris shut down the site for good, I revealed to Chris the "regular" handle name that I had been using since 2006 on his site. I honestly don't know if my revelation was what ultimately caused him to shut the site down, but to say that he was shocked would be an umderstatement.
C'mon buddy, TELL US wot the handle was!! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Aaronp18 wrote:
ODB wrote: Manscaping doesn’t end at the naval people. :thumbs:
Does it make your chest look bigger?