I HATE SPAMMERS/BOTS

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

I HATE SPAMMERS/BOTS

Post by rats19 »

subject says it all...:)

http://www.guard-privacy-and-online-sec ... mmers.html

spam/spammers stuff...i would love to f@*k them up...but probably not smart to try
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: I HATE SPAMMERS/BOTS

Post by Cornuck »

I have to agree with you Rats. They make modding a forum a pain in the ass. I've had other forums in the past for my own sites that I've shut down as the bots outnumber the posters sometimes.

For this site, I check once or twice a day for new users that have registered. I look at their log in names and if they're 'suspicious', I check their email to see where they're from. If their a spammer, I ban their IP, then I delete them and their posts (which is why I ask that people don't respond to spam).

Then I check for new inactive users. These are people that have registered, but not completed the registration. Then I delete all the suspicious ones.

The one that spammed the site got registered and spammed after I had already cleared out a bunch this morning. :?

My business website was hacked earlier this year, and google had a warning up about my site within hours. Then it took me a few days to get the warning removed. :mad:

So yeah, Rats, I agree - spammers, bots and black hat hackers should be fucked up, but there's little that we can do about it.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

if you read through the link i posted, there are some ways to fight back by returning the spam back to them, then it shows the address is not functioning and they delete your address. but i guess thats just for personal emails and not sites where a registration is required. hmm, man they just suck...feel your pain Cornuck...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I just hate spammers and bots
test your patience and interefere is all they got
are there people really that dumb
buy from them while being numb

Why not just get a job
stop trying to increase my knob
I am just fine the way i am
or sell me a cheap generic scam

if it were all true...I'd have
a 3 foot weiner yes a 3 foot weiner
one that gets cut up on my zip....

take a girl on a holiday...
wont even have to pay
just click here on this link...
a 3 foot weiner yes a 3 foot weiner

Stay that way for days....cheap!
0 interest mortgage,
make thousands.... sitting on my fat ass
in the comfort of my own home...or my moms basement

there aint no rhyme or reason...its imbecile season
so sit right back and take ride
on the special bus they call home
do it cheaply...while your at it... get rich quickly

man o man why cant it all be true...
I would own my own home sooner
walk with a limp and peel off some of my skin.

*rat ramble* poor flow and rhyme pattern.. maye there is a genric cheap pill for that?? hmm