Does anyone here remember their very first post?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Does anyone here remember their very first post?

Post by mathonwy »

Don't remember my first post but I do remember picking fights with pots a lot.

People would get all crazy in the GDT. Pots would give em a hard time. I would get irritated and say something to Pots.

It was the circle of CanucksCentral life.

My proudest post was starting a Alex Burrows appreciation thread before he broke out. That, and encouraging yoga.

:lol:
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

donlever wrote:
LotusBlossom wrote:

I remember Lever giving me the rundown of how to post and I found a fellow wine lover in Doc.
donlever, providing assistance in posting since 1996.

At your service.
I'm pretty sure no-one would know how the process of "quoting" works without you.

:look:

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Southern_Canuck wrote:
I'm pretty sure no-one would know how the process of "quoting" works without you.

S_C
You guys are a bunch of fukin assholes!

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote:
Southern_Canuck wrote:

S_C
You guys are a bunch of fukin assholes!

8-)
Thanks to S_C, I learned to use the ignore function.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Something about where's hiphop night at the clubs this weekend @ clubvibes.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I probably started posting at Central in 1999, after the Sedins were drafted, but before they headed over to Vancouver, because I know I was keeping you guys updated on how they did in the SEL and translating the odd article.

Time flies, eh? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I lurked at the old CC for a while before joining, I think I finally took the plunge after a loss where I was fed up with Crawford and the Sedin's and needed to vent.....can't remember what year it was (2007 I think), all I know is that it was right before Lever's "Bertuzzi Monologues". :lol:

Can't remember my first post, but I know I stuck to the GDT's for a while.

I learned 4 things very quickly.

1. Topper has a list. :look:

2. The Open Forum was not for the faint of heart. :twisted:

3. Hjumaeni and Pot were/are very easy to incite to wrath as they took/take everything so personally. :roll:

4. As far as mods went, Lever was a fucking tyrant. :P
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Per wrote:I probably started posting at Central in 1999, after the Sedins were drafted, but before they headed over to Vancouver, because I know I was keeping you guys updated on how they did in the SEL and translating the odd article.

Time flies, eh? :|
You did.

I remember it clearly.

You told us that, while both would be above average players in the end Henrik would be better overall and a potential leader of men.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Mëds wrote:...all I know is that it was right before Lever's "Bertuzzi Monologues". :lol:
I almost penned a Cody, Daddy and Winter monologues last week.

I feel another one comin' Mëds.
Mëds wrote: 4. As far as mods went, Lever was a fucking tyrant. :P
Ha.

The lowest key tyrant in Earths history.
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote:
Mëds wrote:...all I know is that it was right before Lever's "Bertuzzi Monologues". :lol:
I almost penned a Cody, Daddy and Winter monologues last week.

I feel another one comin' Mëds.
Well hurry it up already. I'm bored sick, I tried one in a GDT about a disallowed goal, but mine just don't hold a candle to yours.
donlever wrote:
Mëds wrote: 4. As far as mods went, Lever was a fucking tyrant. :P
Ha.

The lowest key tyrant in Earths history.
You say that now, but it was all smoke and mirros back then, we all know that you were the one pulling the strings. :P
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

why'd you get banished again medz?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:why'd you get banished again medz?
I think I tore someone a new one in the HT forum and got a little off topic.

Lever PM'd me and told me to cool it. I kinda did, but still fired off one more volley before shutting up. Not sure if it was Donny or Chris, but I ended up with a 2 week suspension. Fair enough, I deserved it. I followed the lead of so many who came before me and returned the next day with a "sock" (one I'd had for years). Chris had a pre-meltdown meltdown and turfed me to the tune of permanent.

I still had another sock kicking around, mostly lurked, then took a direct shot at Chris for his "woe is me" schtick. End of story. Came back a year or so later and signed up a new handle (TerraceCanuck), just talked a bit of hockey for a while. Then Chris went Kaboom and old CC was no more. Came here after I saw something over on calpuck (had some fun for a week trolling the shit out of that place) mentioning LB, HW, and Doc had found their way here. Stuck my head in, saw lots of the old gang and signed up.

:sniffle: My life hasn't been the same since..... :tissue:

:P
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote:
SKYO wrote:why'd you get banished again medz?
I think I tore someone a new one in the HT forum and got a little off topic.

Lever PM'd me and told me to cool it. I kinda did, but still fired off one more volley before shutting up. Not sure if it was Donny or Chris, but I ended up with a 2 week suspension. Fair enough, I deserved it. I followed the lead of so many who came before me and returned the next day with a "sock" (one I'd had for years). Chris had a pre-meltdown meltdown and turfed me to the tune of permanent.

I still had another sock kicking around, mostly lurked, then took a direct shot at Chris for his "woe is me" schtick. End of story. Came back a year or so later and signed up a new handle (TerraceCanuck), just talked a bit of hockey for a while. Then Chris went Kaboom and old CC was no more. Came here after I saw something over on calpuck (had some fun for a week trolling the shit out of that place) mentioning LB, HW, and Doc had found their way here. Stuck my head in, saw lots of the old gang and signed up.

:sniffle: My life hasn't been the same since..... :tissue:

:P
lol aw, crazy styles!

Once he lost his powers especially against tops/odb ya ain't gonna survive that.

Good to see ya back. *edit* or just - good to see ya!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Mëds wrote:

Lever PM'd me and told me to cool it. I kinda did, but still fired off one more volley before shutting up. Not sure if it was Donny or Chris, but I ended up with a 2 week suspension.
I had no ability to suspend or ban anyone.

Ever.

But I was always straight with everyone there and never backstabbed a single person.

All I expected in return was the same respect.

So, if in a PM, man to man, all personal like, I requested that you cool it and you didn't (just had to get the one more volley in to show who's boss right), I would have let Chris know and he would have suspended you.
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Lever PM'd me and told me to cool it. I kinda did, but still fired off one more volley before shutting up. Not sure if it was Donny or Chris, but I ended up with a 2 week suspension.
So, if in a PM, man to man, all personal like, I requested that you cool it and you didn't (just had to get the one more volley in to show who's boss right), I would have let Chris know and he would have suspended you.
I'm sure it had nothing to do with "showing who's boss", just me being completely unable to resist the temptation of trashing a complete moron for his stupidity (was probably Hockey_God), kinda like swapping out the sugar for cocaine in a rehab center.....but I digress.

Just to clear it up, if it needs to be, never felt you did me wrong Donny.