Does anyone here remember their very first post?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Does anyone here remember their very first post?

Post by coco_canuck »

Strangelove wrote: That’s okay Coco we forgive you, ya gotta be born with it.

Speaking of those “battles” weren’t you one of the pro-Balsille anti-Bettman crew?

Saaay wotever happened to the rest of that crew?? :mex:
Doc, it's unlike you to make a misdiagnosis, let alone two in one post.

If we were to meet Doc, you'd get to know how cutting my assholishness can be. But that's typically reserved for real-world situations.

Also, I was not in the pro-Balsille camp. I staunchly defended the NHL's position at ol' central.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...no clue as to what the content was but I do remember that it was pre Central does and it was on a bulletin board type forum run by the Province.

A couple of guys of note were there at the time, New York (Tony from New York not Suk_Nutz) who posted off and on at Central (named his first born son Trevor btw) and SRSez for sure, maybe Blobster? Can't recall if thats where I first ran into Blob or not.

It was also a quick lesson on trolling as there was a guy there named ORR#4 who was pretty much a braying donkey.

:)

It was a good quick lesson on how to deal with that type of stuff which is ignore it.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I never went to the province site Donny. I believe I met yourself at central in 96 or 97.

Clam is another guy who goes way the hell back as well. I got linked over to central by someone on the SLAM message boards. Those boards were an absolute shit show. Probably the most fun time on the boards for myself were the rivals days around the turn of the century.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..yeah the Rivals days were good.

We had some good times banging heads with the Flamers and Oilers groups back then.

GM was quite the little instigator back in the day....
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

coco_canuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote: That’s okay Coco we forgive you, ya gotta be born with it.

Speaking of those “battles” weren’t you one of the pro-Balsille anti-Bettman crew?

Saaay wotever happened to the rest of that crew?? :mex:
Doc, it's unlike you to make a misdiagnosis, let alone two in one post.

If we were to meet Doc, you'd get to know how cutting my assholishness can be. But that's typically reserved for real-world situations.
I had a feeling you were trying to hide your inner asshole online. :mex:
coco_canuck wrote: Also, I was not in the pro-Balsille camp. I staunchly defended the NHL's position at ol' central.
Sorry about that ole bean. I remember getting into it with you about.... something... once upon a time.

Bridge under the water now obviously.

Yeah I guess all those Balsillie lovers I took on are gone-and-forgotten.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Clam is another guy who goes way the hell back as well.
Clam vs Tiger was awesome back in the day!

I'll never forget how pissed Clammy was when he found out Tiger was you-know-who.

And Rivals. :thumbs:

GM vs Dump! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Probably the most fun time on the boards for myself were the rivals days around the turn of the century.
Those rivals days were awesome!

A lot of people don't know this, but I actually elected to take almost all of my classes online at university so that I could keep hitting the 'refresh' button on CC while studying, lol. If it wasn't for the fact that I was on a tennis scholarship, combined with the insane partying that took place down there, I probably would've just done all my courses at an actual online university (I.e. Athabasca University?).
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote:..yeah the Rivals days were good.

We had some good times banging heads with the Flamers and Oilers groups back then.

GM was quite the little instigator back in the day....
Lol I was yes.

To be honest, I don't even remember how or why I got those guys so mad. The Mike Grier Planet of the Apes comment was an obvious one, but there were so many incidences before that.

My whole "online Canucks experience" was littered with intense online battles up until like 2008.

It was pretty fun for the first few years but then it almost got to a point where I felt compelled to try and live up to that reputation. Not really sure why I felt so compelled, but I did.

Fun times though. I think we could all probably write a book on our experiences here, haha.

My favorite feud was Brian vs. Chris, lol. :oops:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aggressive agression.....vs.......passive aggression
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:
GM vs Dump! :lol:
I once told Dump that I believed in "the 3 I's.". (I was paraphrasing Kurt Angle :D ).

-intensity
-integrity
-intelligence

I told Dump that i believed that his intensity was to be admired, but that his integrity and intelligence needed significant work.

I think it was after that statement that he emailed my fake email account to tell me that he was buying a plane ticket on amazon.com to fly down to Portland to beat me up. :(
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Speculation is fairly certain he was full of shit.
DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote:Speculation is fairly certain he was full of shit.
Well.....he did come from a long line of successful litigators and so I guess that would make sense eh? ;)
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Strangelove wrote: I had a feeling you were trying to hide your inner asshole online. :mex:
That you're right about, it does slip out from time to time tho.
Strangelove wrote: Sorry about that ole bean. I remember getting into it with you about.... something... once upon a time.

Bridge under the water now obviously.
I'm sure we debated something or another, but I don't remember us getting into a flame war of any sort.

The big flame-outs I was involved with ended up with other posters being banned on a few occasions. One of the best ones was the Canucks Fan dude or something who went bonkers and then created the coco_canucks handle with my avatar.

Topper was in the middle of that one too.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

coco_canuck wrote: One of the best ones was the Canucks Fan dude or something who went bonkers and then created the coco_canucks handle with my avatar.
Ah yes, I had forgotten about that.

After seeing how insane you had apparently driven that poor chap I had to go back and read the preceding battle.

You did a nice job there.

Not that The Great Strangelove would ever condone driving someone insane of course.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

LOL, that was the lil'bitchelli character that could not stay away. He show up under a new handle over and over again, get his opinions tore up in the HT and then walk into the OF for a right proper beating and get banned with his tail between his legs.

Coco was so giddy after that one I got a pm asking who we'd target next.

I never targeted anyone, I just had little patience for BS.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.