International Politics & Stuff

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: International Politics & Stuff

Post by Arachnid »

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Not really international butt fubar just the same

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

We're now down to only 21 countries (out of roughly 200) that practice capital punishment. Kind of embarrassing that there still is a European country that does so, but Belarus is also the only real dictatorship in Europe, so I guess we shouldn't expect too much of them. :(

Btw, if you do not consider Gaza a country, there are only 20 still using the death penalty! 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Btw, if you do not consider Gaza a country, there are only 20 still using the death penalty! 8-)
That's a BAD thing Per.

The death penalty is our friend.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Per wrote: Btw, if you do not consider Gaza a country, there are only 20 still using the death penalty! 8-)
That's a BAD thing Per.

The death penalty is our friend.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, and the dictators of the world agree with you.
How many democracies on that list? :eh:

US, Japan... Taiwan? Botswana, for sure.
How about Bangladesh, India and Pakistan? Heavily flawed, but probably democracies at least in name.
Iran? Doubtful. They do have elections, but most political parties are outlawed, and opposition candidates are harassed or detained. Only candidates approved by the high council are allowed to run.

Of course, China also insists they are a democracy. A one party democracy. Whatever. :roll:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:We're now down to only 21 countries (out of roughly 200) that practice capital punishment. Kind of embarrassing that there still is a European country that does so, but Belarus is also the only real dictatorship in Europe, so I guess we shouldn't expect too much of them. :(

Btw, if you do not consider Gaza a country, there are only 20 still using the death penalty! 8-)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritzl_case

If you were Austrian would you be proud that this sick fuck Fritzl got 9 years less than the sentence he handed his daughter?

Keeping her in a dungeon in his basement, raping her, and fathering 7 children who he also kept prisoner for their whole lives..

Imagine having that prick as a father, imagine the mind fuck...

But better still you think his life is worth keeping ?

Unless he's kept in a hospital and used for experiments to figure out his malfunction in order to prevent it from happening again, why waste time an effort to keep him in a cell and then release him 15 years later???
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Considering that he was 74 when they sentenced him, I doubt he gets out of there alive.
Basically a life sentence, which I think is a better option than death.
Easier to reverse if new evidence comes up.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:Considering that he was 74 when they sentenced him, I doubt he gets out of there alive.
Basically a life sentence, which I think is a better option than death.
Easier to reverse if new evidence comes up.
Sorry Per but the fact he's 74 making it a defacto life sentence is just rubbish.
He should be pay with his life now but failing that,
He should have got a life sentence with no possibility of parole for each life he screwed over.
So by my count that's 8 consecutive life sentences before a parole board needs to dust off his file..