W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Jovorock » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Rum and Pot why are you starting this BS up?If you want to know the way this board use to run is different than now. There was less non hockey talk, but added hockey talk has been good. Brian has said grow up and I agree, some of you talk like school girls some of time.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
User avatar
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby rats19 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:08 pm

I understand Brian feeling the way he does. With all the whining about it all..what I don't get as much is why Its all taken so seriously, advertisers? Children? Why not just let things play out at least to some degree. Heated discussion has its pitfalls I spose.direct personal attacks about family , genre , race etc yah I get that. But calling someone an idiot or fuckwad because of what they say or whatever..I don't get that, as much.

It's hard to have a whole mess of "A" personalities in one place In the same thread , same topic and not get some color..
If it is too much to stomach..I guess everyone has choices.
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4574
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Brian CC » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:20 pm

rats19 wrote:I understand Brian feeling the way he does. With all the whining about it all..what I don't get as much is why Its all taken so seriously, advertisers? Children? Why not just let things play out at least to some degree. Heated discussion has its pitfalls I spose.direct personal attacks about family , genre , race etc yah I get that. But calling someone an idiot or fuckwad because of what they say or whatever..I don't get that, as much.

It's hard to have a whole mess of "A" personalities in one place In the same thread , same topic and not get some color..
If it is too much to stomach..I guess everyone has choices.


It's taken seriously because that's the way I want it...that's pretty much all you need to know and all you should need to know.
User avatar
Brian CC
Site Admin
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:34 pm

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Yeah, I don't even know what to say. I was going to just let sleeping dogs lie, but if I'm going to take the blame for the contents of this thread I feel like I should explain/defend myself a little.

I didn't start anything up, my first post in this thread is four pages in. My comment was directed at the small number of posters in the thread who expressed unhappiness at the Central posters coming over. When people call Central "poisonous" or post that it's "unfortunate" that we have come here, what they are doing is taking shots at the new arrivals. I have never expressed anything but fondness for this site and I have engaged in no "pissing matches" whatsoever in this thread. There are a dozen posts preceding mine which seem more inflammatory than anything I wrote.

I also never claimed that the site couldn't get on without us, I merely noticed that the GDTs have way more posts now than they did in the Final last year... which I would assume is a good thing for the site.

I think the message of my post may have been misconstrued somewhat.

Anyway if I'm to be the scapegoat here, point taken. I apologize if my post ruffled feathers, but in all honesty I think this alleged rift that LB is claiming exists between two groups of posters is highly exaggerated. For the most part everyone seems to be getting along fine, and I haven't read anything in this thread that I would define as heated.

Brian has said grow up and I agree, some of you talk like school girls some of time.


Seems like a bit of a mixed message. You tell us to grow up and then call us schoolgirls. I will confess I do try to bring an element of humor to the site at times, and perhaps I often fail in that regard, but hey, I'm trying.

Again, I apologize Brian, and will make sure not to engage in conversation that has to do with the two sites again. Sorry for wasting your time. I will always be thankful to you for providing a place for my pals and myself to talk hockey and whatever else is on our admittedly tiny minds, and of course for creeper's B&G.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Topper » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:37 am

Brian, thanks for opening this thread up again because I didn't understand why it was locked in the first place.

No one can deny that the Corner has changed the last few months. There is far more debate going on than there has been in years. As I said earlier, I lurked here often in the past to catch up on what old friends were up to.

The Corner was sleepy hollow, a year ago Vancouver played Calgary, there were six posts in the GDT, the GDT for last night's game is at 76 posts and counting. That is more than there was for game 7 of the SCF.

Debates have raged, yet remained civil.

The topic is "where are the long term members?" Maybe the the recent influx has been off putting to some of the long term members, maybe they never posted very often to begin with. I suspect a bit of both, but I think it is a topic worth discussing as a group.

CorranHorn came forward with why he posts less, but then, with encouragement, started back into the mix. I really didn't see what was upsetting with Rumsfeld's post, a link to go with his first paragraph would have been helpful, but otherwise he said pretty much the same thing as I had said a few posts further up.

edit: post #666 LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4615
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Listercat » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:34 am

The sandbox has gotten bigger without doubt and there is bound to be some growing pains. New guys are treading on "our" turf and some may find that harder to accept. I was not a long timer at the other place and went through the "initiation" process like everyone else and earned my stripes. As has been said by numerous others in order to have integrity, you have to be accountable for what you say. On a "goddam hockey talk message board" its the only way you gain respect. We joke about our "Bountiful" counterparts because on that Board there is no accountability for trash talk. Disagreements will happen but as long as there is some logic and rationality involved in the discussion and personal insults are not involved why not let it go.

I appreciate Brian's giving me and others who are dedicated Canuck Fans a place to come to talk about our team. It makes the hockey season that much more interesting.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: Not Bountiful

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby LotusBlossom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:10 am

As far as the whole traffic situation on the boards? Most of the traffic goes to the front page for the blogs and contests and the forum is here for the few of us that still like to frequent them in today's internet worlds. Social media with twitter, Facebook and blogging are the main focus of many fan sites these days so it's hard to judge the popularity of this board by the forum traffic. Although, I do believe this is one of the better Canucks forum boards out there. At least the posters on here actually know hockey and can debate it with some teeth. I also know that many Canucks fans sites have cut out their forums entirely so this is just bonus to chum around and talk with other fans about hockey, life or whatever.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby LotusBlossom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:28 am

Rumsfeld wrote:
Anyway if I'm to be the scapegoat here, point taken. I apologize if my post ruffled feathers, but in all honesty I think this alleged rift that LB is claiming exists between two groups of posters is highly exaggerated. For the most part everyone seems to be getting along fine, and I haven't read anything in this thread that I would define as heated.

Brian has said grow up and I agree, some of you talk like school girls some of time.


.


I claimed? I was reiterating feelings from this thread and previous threads about it (The migration) I didn't claim anything. If anything I've been a bit of an advocate for former Central posters and for us old Corner regs to get along better with everyone because the board has gotten better. I locked the thread because these subjects and similar subjects keep getting rehashed. It's tiresome.

We don't know where all posters from the old days here have gone. I do know some of them are mostly on twitter these days and debate the game in 140 or less :lol: Lots of posters have stopped posting on many boards for various reason. Social media is one of them and well, life another.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Brian CC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Lotus is right...message boards have become less relevant. Hence the reason I rarely post here. This board exists because there are people that enjoy it. My focus is on social media and blogging now.

Honestly, if it weren't for long time posters and the mod team here, I would probably shut the board down.

That said, the bottom line is people can learn to get along, respect what I want this site to be, since it is my site and I pay the bills. If that's too much to ask and this becomes a pain in the ass for me I have choices I can make. I'm too old now and too busy with other projects to be a babysitter here.

Keep hockey talk to the hockey forums, the rest to bar and grill and show respect to other members. All that happens and it's business as usual.
User avatar
Brian CC
Site Admin
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:34 pm

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Potatoe1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:15 pm

LotusBlossom wrote:I do know some of them are mostly on twitter these days and debate the game in 140 or less :lol:


Kind of a sad testimant to our ever shortening attention span......

Ayway the the aparent drama yesterday was majorly over blown. LB and I sent some PM's and it was done in 30 seconds. As per normal, she and I mostly talked about boobies.

Not sure what all the angst and is about, although I agree that Rummy is a douchbagg, he makes me mad as well :lol:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Rumsfeld » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:Kind of a sad testimant to our ever shortening attention span......


Yeah, it's pretty bad. What's even worse is the lack of spelling acumen that's running rampant amongst today's uneducated masses.

testiment
Ayway
aparent
douchbagg


LOL.

You like stats, that post had like a .779 spelling percentage. But then I guess becoming an expert on all things hockey didn't leave a lot of time for cracking the books and wut not.

Ayway the the aparent drama yesterday was majorly over blown. LB and I sent some PM's and it was done in 30 seconds.


Yes, it was certainly overblown. Your PM story is pretty cute. You've always been a bit of an ass-kisser. :lol:

Not sure what all the angst and is about, although I agree that Rummy is a douchbagg, he makes me mad as well :lol:


Jealousy often induces base emotions such as anger. Or fear. Mission accomplished I guess. :sly:

You guys know you love me.

Deep down I know you do. Right?

RIGHT!!??

The good news is we've assembled a veritable All-Star team here, and we have the best Canucks hockey talk on the web. But enough Friday night wastin'. It's partay time!

Image

Happy weekend, ladies.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Potatoe1 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah, it's pretty bad. What's even worse is the lack of spelling acumen that's running rampant amongst today's uneducated masses.

testiment
Ayway
aparent
douchbagg


LOL.


I hate you


:lol:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Per » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:59 am

Jovorock wrote:Rum and Pot why are you starting this BS up?


Rum Pot?! :o

Image

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... !!!

:thumbs:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Farhan Lalji » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:01 am

Lol, for some reason, I always laugh when I think of Potatoe. Just for the record - I think him, UWSaint, and donlever/Lloyd Braun are the 3 best Canuck hockey talk posters on the web.....so I'm glad that they're hear (atleast I think? I haven't been around much and so I don't actually know who is here or not). Anyway - Potatoe makes me laugh for the following reasons:

-His whole "Cancun" thing with VanFan waaaay back in the day (lol)
-The fact that Sick Bunny made him cry on the Open Forums back in the Summer of 2004 (LOL).

Not really sure why I'm bringing this up (or singling Potatoe out for that matter), but I for one, am glad that the old CC crew have found their way over here. I don't post much nowadays but I always go out of my way to read hockey posts from Potatoe.

He is the best hockey talk poster on here. (Although there are many good other good ones). UWSaint would be the best if he posted more often.
Farhan Lalji
 

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Hilarious how it's posters like "Deke" and "Old Stick" doing the whining. Two fucking nobodies trying to stir up shit . I've never heard of either of these cats and I've been around almost as long as Brian.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3019
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest