W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Post by coco_canuck »

Like Jim Rome says, have a take and don't suck.

That's the basic premise most of us former Centralities operate under.

Think before you post and make a good argument. If you don't, then be prepared to be challenged.

Nothing nefarious or personal about it. It was about having a higher standard and responsibility with what you post. There are always idiots and trouble makers on every forum, but the root of it always came down to putting a real effort when you post something.

The blunt nature of many Central posters gets misinterpreted for some sort of an attack, but it's really just about getting to the point and not beating around the bush. This is what I agree with and this is why I don't agree with this.

It's basically like having a hockey debate at a bar with friends. You get to the point, you argue, it may get a little heated, but it's just talking sports.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

I'm still lurking, make the occasional post. I have to agree to atmosphere has changed a bit but I've also become busier in life as well. Still hangin' in tho, I'm around ;) As always, love the job Brain does running the place. :thumbs:
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

I am really liking the influx Of the central gang.Some really good posters and some very witty stuff :lol:

The boards here had gone kind of quiet the last couple of seasons anyway, so the timing of the migration was good.

CC 2.0 rocks
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

dangler wrote:I am really liking the influx Of the central gang.Some really good posters and some very witty stuff :lol:

The boards here had gone kind of quiet the last couple of seasons anyway, so the timing of the migration was good.

CC 2.0 rocks
Dangler.....+
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I lurked here over the years because LB and Spidey are old friends. I thought the Corner was a smaller, more close knit, group with a lot of warm fuzzy feelings towards each other. Never saw much rancorous debate and hence folks could get away with the odd inane comment.

Not so were the refugees came from. Each phrase and word is dissected and you better be willing to back yourself up. I get the feeling some of the traditional Corner posters aren't used to the scrutiny of their every word.

Debate is good, we won't always agree. Spudly and I may have differing opinions of soft, floating, defensively irresponsible rookies and their roles in the line up but on other points we will agree. Despite the debate, I think we both respect each other's opinions and see some value in each other's points.

Speaking of MIA, haven't seen Clam since he said Kesler wasn't a very good passer......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:I lurked here over the years because LB and Spidey are old friends. I thought the Corner was a smaller, more close knit, group with a lot of warm fuzzy feelings towards each other. Never saw much rancorous debate and hence folks could get away with the odd inane comment.

Not so were the refugees came from. Each phrase and word is dissected and you better be willing to back yourself up. I get the feeling some of the traditional Corner posters aren't used to the scrutiny of their every word.

Debate is good, we won't always agree. Spudly and I may have differing opinions of soft, floating, defensively irresponsible rookies and their roles in the line up but on other points we will agree. Despite the debate, I think we both respect each other's opinions and see some value in each other's points.

Speaking of MIA, haven't seen Clam since he said Kesler wasn't a very good passer......
Screw tinny
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:
Topper wrote:I lurked here over the years because LB and Spidey are old friends. I thought the Corner was a smaller, more close knit, group with a lot of warm fuzzy feelings towards each other. Never saw much rancorous debate and hence folks could get away with the odd inane comment.

Screw tinny
Go big or go home.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:

Screw tinny
Go big or go home.
Sometimes just going Is good enough.. :wink:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:
Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote: Screw tinny
Go big or go home.
Sometimes just going Is good enough.. :wink:
sometimes a .270 Weatherby is needed.

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:
rats19 wrote: Screw tinny
Go big or go home.
sometimes a .270 Weatherby is needed.
Big tinny....you guys are nutz I tells yah, NUTZ! WooWooWoo....

Medium?

Median?

Medibum?
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

I barely visit this board at all anymore since the influx. Before, the signal-to-noise ratio was high. Now, I have to wade through a bunch of inanity and insults to read anything insightful. That's life, the boards are more popular now, and I know the little bit of participating I used to do isn't missed. So, I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

WpgJets wrote:I barely visit this board at all anymore since the influx. Before, the signal-to-noise ratio was high. Now, I have to wade through a bunch of inanity and insults to read anything insightful. That's life, the boards are more popular now, and I know the little bit of participating I used to do isn't missed. So, I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out.
Jets, that's a shame, however 1.45 posts.per month over your time here can barely be called participating now can it? Why not hang out post more and see how It goes. To me...what I see, is a poster who prefers another team, doesnt post much or hardly ever. Then comes on here and whines. If this were.the other place......let's just say this is very polite.
Rats19
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

WpgJets wrote:I barely visit this board at all anymore since the influx. Before, the signal-to-noise ratio was high. Now, I have to wade through a bunch of inanity and insults to read anything insightful. That's life, the boards are more popular now, and I know the little bit of participating I used to do isn't missed. So, I'll try not to let the door hit me on the way out.
This board is still very high for signal to noise ratio (I didnt visit it much before so i can't comment on before/after). It does require one to read and think about what is being said and also to think about what you post, and you might even be criticized for not backing up your statements with supporting evidence. You could say it leads to some petty arguments, but i would say it ensures that the bar is kept at a reasonable standard, and in fact its kept unusually high for a message board. This, however, is precisely why i read it.

I would rather have my stated opinions challenged and debated. I don't see every game while others here do, and many see them live.

I see better insight, research and fact checking in many of the posts here than I do from journalists and The recently discussed "Softest players in the NHL" from the Bleacher Report is a good example.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Topper wrote: Spudly and I may have differing opinions of soft, floating, defensively irresponsible rookies and their roles in the line up but on other points we will agree.
You shouldnt be so hard on Dale Weise. He is after all, only 23.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Topper wrote: Spudly and I may have differing opinions of soft, floating, defensively irresponsible rookies and their roles in the line up but on other points we will agree.
You shouldnt be so hard on Dale Weise. He is after all, only 23.
Your spelling is becoming worse.