W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: W Where are the long term members of *this* board?

Post by rats19 »

CorranHorn wrote:I was just thinking as well looking at the TOPIC of the thread... Hijacking, gotta lure some people away from posting no rats?
you consider this a hijack? I consider it a day in the pool...lol

*with the odd trip for a pee*
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

CorranHorn wrote:I was just thinking as well looking at the TOPIC of the thread... Hijacking, gotta lure some people away from posting no rats?
Why go to the pool in the tropics, just go to the beach.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
Why go to the pool in the tropics, just go to the beach.
TOPICS TOPPER ...TOPICS

It's a youfanism..
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

CorranHorn wrote:
Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:Picture a busy swimming pool on a hot day at a 3 star...do you sit and watch and burn?
Or do you jump in and have fun anyways..to be polite Is cool overly costs you experiences..
Stay away from pools with swim up bars.

Folks will sit in the pool drinking at the bar all day and never once leave their seat.
Yeah people Grabnering at same thing over and over and singing Ballards of sweet nothing.

I hear ya
I once sat on the Stoll in the pool so Luongo my Toews went numb from all the Beers I drunked.

Yellow and blue makes Green.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote:Good point about redundancy. I just looked at the member list and saw that many of the (former?) regulars are still visiting, but not posting.

Because of the longer threads and higher post counts, it's good to stay on topic.

I also think that when the season starts meaning more, our lurking friends will pipe up with some comments.
Stay on topic?!

Now there's a novel thought! :P
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

BladesofSteel wrote:I once sat on the Stoll in the pool so Luongo my Toews went numb from all the Beers I drunked.
That Lucic you to drink in the pool.

With people lazing in the pool drinking all day the water must get Messier? You know urine trouble when you see a Puppa go floating by.
2011..... the one that got away.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Clam hasn't had much time to post on the boards due to his hectic graduate school schedule. I'm sure he'll be back for a bit during the holiday break, but all is good in Clam's world...FYI :)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in this board so far.

I started a GDT 20 minutes after the game started yesterday. I like a lot of the old CC posters, and was hoping to get to know more than 3-4 existing posters.

So W Where (sic) is everyone?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Corb wrote:To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in this board so far.

I started a GDT 20 minutes after the game started yesterday. I like a lot of the old CC posters, and was hoping to get to know more than 3-4 existing posters.

I can't start a gdt from a phone.. but yah they used to start bright and early game day..
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

rats19 wrote:
Corb wrote:To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in this board so far.

I can't start a gdt from a phone.. but yah they used to start bright and early game day..
What was it like prior to the demise of the old CC?

Is there a stigma on who can start up that thread? Or was it always up to one person? Frig, start the GDT pre-game and get the chat rolling.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

It seems like taking shots at Central has become the chickenshit way of taking shots at the new posters... in a way that is less likely to result in getting your ass handed to you, of course.

Maybe it was easier for certain Corner regs before there were more than ten people posting and their ramblings would go unchallenged. That said, there are some really good contributors from before the Great Migration, many of whom aren't whining in this thread whatsoever.

It occurs to me that if it weren't for the Central Exodus there would be very little going on at this site at all. This is a great place and more activity will only make it better.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Who's whining?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

CorranHorn wrote:Who's whining?
you most certainly are not...
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Why is this topic always being brought up?

I don't care if there are two people posting on here before the Central exodus happened, point is, it's not our call what Brian chooses to do with this board. If he wants to to keep going with only two posters, so be it. If this board truly sucks ass in the eyes of some, you'd leave or start another board on your own so you can say and do whatever you want on it. That's fine.

Personally, I am tired of hearing the battle of the CC's on here. There is now only one CC and that's at Corner. There are a lot of good posters on here, no matter where they came from. Once all of those that are keeping the entities separate stop doing so, the better this board gets.

Get over it everyone. Central is no more, and Corner is where we all have congregated.

I'm locking this thread because it's a redundancy of previous ones regarding the similar subjects.

Don't like it? Take it up with Brian.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Rumsfeld wrote:It seems like taking shots at Central has become the chickenshit way of taking shots at the new posters... in a way that is less likely to result in getting your ass handed to you, of course.

Maybe it was easier for certain Corner regs before there were more than ten people posting and their ramblings would go unchallenged. That said, there are some really good contributors from before the Great Migration, many of whom aren't whining in this thread whatsoever.

It occurs to me that if it weren't for the Central Exodus there would be very little going on at this site at all. This is a great place and more activity will only make it better.
Actually, there was enough traffic on this board for it to do just fine thanks. If you really think that this site would be dead without you, then feel free to start another site. I see no reason why the new influx can't fit in, nor why they shouldn't be accepted.

Look...I'm soon to be 43 fucking years old. After 17 years of running this site, I still have to come on here and break up pissing matches between keyboard warriors that are all trying to prove shit on a message board? Really?

I know most of you have been around as long as me. So seriously, grow the fuck up. This is NOT Canucks Central, it never has been and never will be. I run a Lions blog so my time has been devoted to that of late, and I actually work for a living. Coming home after a long day and hearing I need to come on here and break up a pissing match is bullshit.

I pay the bills here, the mods and myself put the hours in. All you guys have to do is get a long.

It really doesn't have to be that difficult.

If anyone has a problem with this, talk to me...keep it off the boards. And if you can't do that, it takes about 48 hours to get a domain name and set up a site....knock yourself out.