Books: What are you reading?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Books: What are you reading?

Postby Rayxor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:02 am

First of all, applogies for alienating the knuckle-draggers on the board. :P

Having watched the first season of A Game of Thrones, i got the audiobook collection for A Song of Ice and Fire for listening while i do mundane tasks like driving, yardwork and listening to the wife complain about work. I have finished the 5th book and now have to wait x years for the next. Its a good read (listen) and grows more complex as the series progresses. I actually should have read the books later on as it required more attention to follow events and characters as the story broadened and more characters were introduced.

I also have a thing for mountaineering books, even though i don't do such activities myself. I think its a combination of mountain photography, the Man vs. Nature aspect and the psychology of a climbers desire to summit while the extreme conditions are hampering their ability to think rationally.

So what sits on your nightstand or beside the toilet? What do you recommend and what *don't* you recommend?

Also, i'm looking for a new book series that I can plug into since I've found that i new seem to need to have something playing to get shit done. Hitchhikers Guide? LOTR? Wheel of Time?
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Books: What are you reading?

Postby Arachnid » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:16 am

Well you clearly can't read because us knuckle draggers are on a different plane

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8403

And for the record, perhaps you should post your meanderings in the Music thread as you aren't really reading are you?! Hmmmmmm Chico?

8-)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Rayxor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:44 am

Arachnid wrote:Well you clearly can't read because us knuckle draggers are on a different plane

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8403

And for the record, perhaps you should post your meanderings in the Music thread as you aren't really reading are you?! Hmmmmmm Chico?
8-)

If Brian would get his crap together and read and record all the posts for a daily podcast, i wouldn't have this problem. Not my fault.

And it doesnt belong in the music thread! Its like having an eldery british gentleman read you a story. It does get awkward when he gets to the descriptive parts of intimate encounters.

(seriously, i have seen the Eye Reedz thread before, but for the life of me, i had no recollection of it. par for the course with the way this week is going - my wife had me convinced that monday morning was dailylight savings, so i concluded that it was actually Sunday and thus wondering why the alarm was set in the first place. My week was off to a bad start within 15 seconds of it starting. :? )
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 am

You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Cornuck » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:18 pm

Let's combine these, and maybe next time we'll go for less cryptic thread titles, right Spidey? ;)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8403
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill