Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Arachnid » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Sad news, the evil genius is dead...saw him speak at 2 MacWorlds in NYC, didn't always get it right but when he did WOW, he blew us away...Einstein, Edison, Da Vinci...he will be on the list in the future...

Think Different

indeed :cheers:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Jovorock » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Local DJ on Kelowna rock station said today that Jobs did a lot of acid at one point of his life, he said it really opened up his mind?
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
User avatar
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 899
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Topper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Now that Steve Jobs has expired, does he qualify for EI?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Topper wrote:Now that Steve Jobs has expired, does he qualify for EI?


That wasn't a very PC thing to say Tops.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Cornuck » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:06 pm

He changed the way I listen to music - RIP, Steve.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4756
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Topper » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:21 pm

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Topper wrote:Now that Steve Jobs has expired, does he qualify for EI?


That wasn't a very PC thing to say Tops.

Pancreatic Cancer is PC.

What happens when Steve gets to the Gates?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Topper wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Topper wrote:Now that Steve Jobs has expired, does he qualify for EI?


That wasn't a very PC thing to say Tops.

Pancreatic Cancer is PC.

What happens when Steve gets to the Gates?


I think he beat him there.

Just more proof that Mac is always one step ahead.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby dhabums » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:43 am

Cornuck wrote:He changed the way I listen to music - RIP, Steve.


RIP to the guy that invented the 8 track too.
User avatar
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1288
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Per » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:38 am

Arachnid wrote:Sad news, the evil genius is dead...saw him speak at 2 MacWorlds in NYC, didn't always get it right but when he did WOW, he blew us away...Einstein, Edison, Da Vinci...he will be on the list in the future...

Think Different

indeed :cheers:

:(


So that's why my iPad suddenly froze..... :eh:

Too bad, but he's been fighting that cancer for a long time.
Actually hung in a lot longer than expected.
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby ODB » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:37 am

I don't reeeeeeealllllllly don't get why everyone is poking fun at the fact a 56 (or what ever) year old genius died! As I get older I realize 56 is too damn young! The dude was only a few years older than me when he started his battle with cancer.

Cancer sucks! :crazy:

I wish it would fuck off already!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Corb » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:01 am

Somewhere Skyo is smiling and waiting for his motorola tablet to boot up.
User avatar
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:18 am

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Cornuck » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:37 am

Interesting article on Jobs' passing: LINK
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4756
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby rats19 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:53 am

ODB wrote:I don't reeeeeeealllllllly don't get why everyone is poking fun at the fact a 56 (or what ever) year old genius died! As I get older I realize 56 is too damn young! The dude was only a few years older than me when he started his battle with cancer.

Cancer sucks! :crazy:

I wish it would fuck off already!


its not like he is being Steve Irwined.....

yah cancer sucks..I wonder if they could eliminate it but the pharma's dont let them...not good for biz kinda thing
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby ODB » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:10 am

rats19 wrote:
ODB wrote:I don't reeeeeeealllllllly don't get why everyone is poking fun at the fact a 56 (or what ever) year old genius died! As I get older I realize 56 is too damn young! The dude was only a few years older than me when he started his battle with cancer.

Cancer sucks! :crazy:

I wish it would fuck off already!


its not like he is being Steve Irwined.....


How could one not laugh at Steve Irwin?

He's a crocidale hunter that was killed by a sting ray... or as it's also known. The poodle of the sea! :shock:

Image
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1164
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Steve Jobs is my HomeBoy

Postby Sick Bunny » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:12 am

Topper wrote:What happens when Steve gets to the Gates?

And more to the point, what if there's two buttons on the Gates and not one, which one does he push?

Also, can he go straight to heaven, or does he have to sync himself there via iTunes?
User avatar
Sick Bunny
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:12 am

Next

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest