NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by LotusBlossom »

Week 1 will soon complete tonight with a MNF double header.

Just some observations so far

What a game between GB and NO! Wow, I thought I was watching the run and gun CFL for a bit! Crazy score!

Not that I am fan of the Ravens, but HAHA at the Steelers! Rothlesdouche and his epic 1st week fail. Felt bad for Mike Tomlin though, he's a damn good coach. Seeing Ray Lewis play like he did, an original Raven player, makes me happy there are still guys like him in the league. Staying with a team and giving it his all.

Newton looked alright on his debut, but what a cocky ass celebration on his TD (Mind you it was his first). It didn't matter, they lost anyway.

Being a big Broncos fan since the 80's I will be pretty stoked tonight. I also got my retro Elway jersey ready to go! I know I am not one to talk since my Broncos have absolutely sucked in the last few years (since the firing of Mike Shanahan) but they have always been my team. I'm counting down when we're finally going to get to see Tim Tebow instead of Orton.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If I'm the Shithawks managment I'm telling Pete Carrol to purposely tank this season and draft Andrew Luck. It's really the only chance they have as a franchise going forward. They need a big dog qb and they have NEVER had one. I thought that they messed up badly by not taking Mark Sanchez in 09 but Luck is going to be a far better player than Dirty Sanchez will ever be.

I'd run Tavares Jackson out there all year long and play for the pick. Too many years of mediocre Dave Krieg, old Baldy Hasselback and Jim Zorn etc makes the team good enough to miss out on the top prospects but too shitty to compete. Do the right thing and tank it Seattle.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:If I'm the Shithawks managment I'm telling Pete Carrol to purposely tank this season and draft Andrew Luck. It's really the only chance they have as a franchise going forward. They need a big dog qb and they have NEVER had one. I thought that they messed up badly by not taking Mark Sanchez in 09 but Luck is going to be a far better player than Dirty Sanchez will ever be.

I'd run Tavares Jackson out there all year long and play for the pick. Too many years of mediocre Dave Krieg, old Baldy Hasselback and Jim Zorn etc makes the team good enough to miss out on the top prospects but too shitty to compete. Do the right thing and tank it Seattle.
Mr LB is too a Seahawks fan and he was embarrassed by the loss to SF this opening weekend. I was really shocked when they didn't draft Sanchez and well, the Jets are thankful. I've never like Hasselbeck or Krieg. I have to see some of Andrew Luck. But speaking of rookies...did you see Cam Newton? Holy shit on the passing yards! Still lost and his little celebration was a bit much lol.

Also, as much as I am not a Patriots or Brady 'fan' I have to admire and respect the way the man marches down the field. 517 yards in passing in the first MNF game. Miami's D was systematically picked apart last night by Brady. It didn't matter who he was throwing to or passing off to, he was the man last night. On a side note, how insignificant did Chad Ochocinco look? :lol:

Speaking of embarrassing...Fucking Orton and his slip up fumble! UGH! The Broncos were finally making some progress and every single time they do...a fumble, interception and whatever has happened. You know you can't fuck up when you have 76,000 people chanting "Tebow, Tebow" in your face. I miss Jay Cutler. :(

Man, last night, I really started to hate Josh McDaniels and the mess he left.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Boy does Indy ever wish for Peyton Manning to get healthy quickly. Kerry Collins just isn't cutting it. When was the last time Indy went 0-2?
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:If I'm the Shithawks managment I'm telling Pete Carrol to purposely tank this season and draft Andrew Luck. It's really the only chance they have as a franchise going forward. They need a big dog qb and they have NEVER had one. I thought that they messed up badly by not taking Mark Sanchez in 09 but Luck is going to be a far better player than Dirty Sanchez will ever be.

So fucking true Blob. Been a Seahawks fan all my life- used to have season tickets. I fucking hate the Broncos and buck tooth horse head Elway. Sorry LB, every team had it's rivals. I always found the Broncos to be like the Flames of hockey, inbred cowboys who discovered there was more in the ground that cattle shit. However, I digress.

Seattle made some bonehead moves this season and one of them as much as it pains me to say it was dumping Hasselback. The guy drove me crazy but he was at least competitive. Carrol may not be there long enough to see a rebuild. It's gonna be ugly this year.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Those who know, know I'm a Seahawks fan. Damn it has been tough since Ken Easley was forced to retire. Nearly there until the the league and the media took the bus to Detroit.

Lord God though, Pete fucking Carrol? How the hell did he ever get another NFL gig. Did find out about Paul Allen subscription to Little Boys in Leather?

I hear ya Blob, I could not figure out the rally to make the playoffs last year. What the.....
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Vpete wrote:
So fucking true Blob. Been a Seahawks fan all my life- used to have season tickets. I fucking hate the Broncos and buck tooth horse head Elway. Sorry LB, every team had it's rivals. I always found the Broncos to be like the Flames of hockey, inbred cowboys who discovered there was more in the ground that cattle shit. However, I digress.

Seattle made some bonehead moves this season and one of them as much as it pains me to say it was dumping Hasselback. The guy drove me crazy but he was at least competitive. Carrol may not be there long enough to see a rebuild. It's gonna be ugly this year.
:lol: :lol: It's all good V-Pete. I remember the AFC West of yesteryear. It was a good division and great rivalries.

I don't hate Seattle, but I don't care to call them "my team" as many do in the Pac Northwest. I think I started cheering for those Broncos when I was about 9 or 10 years old and saw Elway throw for over 300 yards. I think I chose the Broncos because I grew up with my dad as a 49ers fan and my uncles as Raiders fans. All I'd ever heard was Montana this, and the Raiders that!

Speaking of the Seahawks, wow at getting shutout. I hate the Steelers, always have and always will. I think some of it had to do with Bradshaw always getting on Elway's case back in the 80's and 90's until he won a couple of Superbowls. But where is the Seattle D. And yes, I suggest the Hawks tank and get Andrew Luck, because Jackson was terrible.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

So anyone here surprised with the 2-0 records of Buffalo and Detroit? I think Buffalo is losing today, but I think Det is going to go 3-0.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Wow fellow Seahawk fans?!

I was hooked as a young kid when I first saw those beautiful unis and lefty Zorn to Largent. Hell, I liked Dave Krieg Blobster, a true underdog battling the buck-toothed, bubble-butt god Elway to a draw in a heated rivalry. Those were the best teams up to that point. The original Curt Warner, John L. Williams, Kenny Easley (a poor-mans Ronnie Lott?), Ground Chuck, The Boz... wait, no. AFC West, brutally tough division back then. Fouts, Air Coryell, Elway, Jim Plunkett, Chiefs... wow I am old!

I quit when they sucked for 20 years afterwards until the success of Hasselback. Just wasn't the same. Ugly unis, no special characters for me to cheer. They need to draft a superstar QB, not a single one in their long history. The franchise almost mimics the Nucks in a way.

LB, Elway orange jersey?! Shame.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hank wrote:I was hooked as a young kid when I first saw those beautiful unis and lefty Zorn to Largent. Hell, I liked Dave Krieg Blobster, a true underdog battling the buck-toothed, bubble-butt god Elway to a draw in a heated rivalry. Those were the best teams up to that point. The original Curt Warner, John L. Williams, Kenny Easley (a poor-mans Ronnie Lott?), Ground Chuck, The Boz... wait, no. AFC West, brutally tough division back then. Fouts, Air Coryell, Elway, Jim Plunkett, Chiefs... wow I am old!
You're not alone - those were some great games! I lost track of the Seahawks when I moved from Vancouver. The only football I follow now is Nebraska - although, I'm keeping an eye on Detroit to see how Suh does, after watching him tear up the the Big 12 for a couple of year.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Hank wrote:
LB, Elway orange jersey?! Shame.
You guys are all Seahawks fans! I'm the ONLY Broncos fan here! Yeah Elway #7, Orange...no shame...always loyal!

They are my team, and they remain my team. :)

At least I'm not a Raiders fan. lol
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Woohoo! 80's rivalry! I hated Elway in his prime. Just hated him and his many destructions of my 'Hawks. But I was happy for him to get his back to back rings and (literally) retire to pasture... to graze probably with those choppers of his.

Steve Largent, greatest (white) wide-receiver ever. No speed, no gloves, no quarterback, no defensive back too tough to beat, no attitude. Just game.

L'argent = Money

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I want to find Josh McDaniels and kick his ass.

I am pissed at the whole Cutler- Orton thing.

Not sure what it is but Orton always seems to be able to throw that pick in the 4th that ruins any chance of coming back.

I don't think Tebow is every gonna be ready, but I'm done with Kyle Orton and his crappy decisions.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

It's official! Tim Tebow is now the Broncos' starting QB! Good time to do it. 1-4 is terrible and glad to see the change. Now I can wear my Tebow shirt!!!!

How about dem Lions, the Detroit Lions! Wow, Matt Stafford looks good at the helm!

Buffalo still stunning me...I can't even begin how confused they've made me.

Al Davis dies and the Raiders win an emotional one. Did a lot for the game, despite his later years made him look more like a madman instead of a trailblazer.

How about those 49ers? My dad is all happy. They take the NFC west, I don't see anyone competing.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

LB, what did you think of Tebow time?

Hawks are starting some guy named Charlie who's been hanging around since 2006? Sigh.