NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote:Gabbert?! I thought that was Erik Karlsson.

What's with mullets making a comeback? Skinny jeans and mullets... I lived that in the 80's.
I had an awesome mullet. 501 Levis pre and post the acid wash fad. :shock:

Donny i think Tim Tebow is pretty strong minded on just being a qb, though I do agree he could be a good tight end or FB.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I agree Blobby.

Don't think he'd go for it nor do I think they'll try.

Apparently the Jacksonville owner loves the dude and wanted to draft him.

Jaguars here I come?

We'll see.
DeLevering since 1999.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

donlever wrote: Jaguars here I come?
If it's god's will, it'll happen.

I guess god is a Broncos fan after all...
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

lol

...or Elway is the Devil.
DeLevering since 1999.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Hank wrote:Gabbert?! I thought that was Erik Karlsson.

What's with mullets making a comeback? Skinny jeans and mullets... I lived that in the 80's.
I had an awesome mullet. 501 Levis pre and post the acid wash fad. :shock:

Donny i think Tim Tebow is pretty strong minded on just being a qb, though I do agree he could be a good tight end or FB.
I think Tebow will be fine. Not just as a QB but the guy is all heart. We'll see him in the NFL, just not as the Broncos QB.

Good luck to Tebow.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

donlever wrote:lol

...or Elway is the Devil.
Or maybe Tebow damned himself by tasting the forbidden fruit.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...he was at the Super Bowl.

We saw what happened to Eugene Robinson.
DeLevering since 1999.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

donlever wrote: We saw what happened to Eugene Robinson.
Maybe he did a Barrett Robbins. I'd love to see Tebow let loose in Tijuana, where he could easily pass as another Jesus.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

God favors the Broncos over the Hawks yet again. Am I doomed to follow the two teams that will never win anything of significance?! Hath Thou forsaken me Father?

Blob, did you have the Ozzy/Iron Maiden baseball T underneath the Lee Stormrider jacket too? Luckily, no acid wash made it to the inner-ghettos of Vancity.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Whoa now (see wot) your Hawks just won the Matt Flynn sweepstakes when it was (theoretically) a given he was going to Miami with Philbin.

Pete Carroll is putting together a nice little something something down there just across our border.

Look at it this way, he (Peyton) could have been a Niner or a Cardinal, now that would have SUCKED for your Hawks no?

Patience.
DeLevering since 1999.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Thanks for rein-ing in my disappointment Donny. The mane thing for me is, one club was established in 1970 while the other in 1974. They have been so bad furlong time. I picked winners like dhabums picks 'em. I should be flogged and whipped for my terrible choices.

I've had enough of seeing the Broncos over the years in the AFC west getting quality, stable quarterbacks and kicking the Hawks from the Kingdome to the Rockies. Now the manning from the horseshoe club decides to stay with an equine-themed team. I say that is horse-shit!

As for Flynn, do you think he is as good as a swashbuckler as his predecessor Rodgers? After all, he only had one good game as a starter. And I just can't put my faith in a coach with a girl's name, who's success came off Matt Leinart in college.

The only bright side I can see is we can still beat up on the Rams!

Patiently grazing.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hank wrote: The only bright side I can see is we can still beat up on the Rams!

Patiently grazing.
Still grazing after all these years....

Surely you see more of a bright side than that?

The Hawks were turning a corner during the second half of last year. 5-3 after the break and they lost their last two in tough fashion one a two point defeat at the hands of eventual NFC championship game contestant the 49'ers in a game San Fran lost on two special teams fumbles and clearly could have won.

The defense appears to be turning into a staunch and tough unit and the running game is certainly a positive.

So the question is Flynn. Tavaris Jackson ain't it so if Matt turns into a reincarnation of another ex-Packer QB the Seahawks made great use of then who knows.

But things are moving in the right direction in Seattle regardless of the coaches last name.
DeLevering since 1999.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

donlever wrote:Whoa now (see wot) your Hawks just won the Matt Flynn sweepstakes when it was (theoretically) a given he was going to Miami with Philbin.

Pete Carroll is putting together a nice little something something down there just across our border.

Look at it this way, he (Peyton) could have been a Niner or a Cardinal, now that would have SUCKED for your Hawks no?

Patience.
I've had my head in the sand in regards to the NFL for a bit but I like what I see out of Carroll right now especially getting Flynn. The Seahawks have to do something about the secondary and perhaps another receiver if they can but the pivot is key. You need a guy who can work in the pocket and make plays- Flynn improves the team in that regard.

That being said- time for a road trip back down to Seattle- Donny I'll fly out you can pick me up in the X6, I'll pay for premium gas and prime seats? Deal?
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Vpete wrote: That being said- time for a road trip back down to Seattle- Donny I'll fly out you can pick me up in the X6, I'll pay for premium gas and prime seats? Deal?
Supreme.

I go down at least once a year.

Saw the Ravens this season.

My Cowboys are in Seattle next season so I'll be down for that one for certain.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Please take the Hard Knocks cameras back to New York.

Rex Ryan, Santonio Holmes, Bart Scott and Tim Tebow.

Awesome.

Good luck Tim.

It's Tebow Time on Broadway.

The New York Jets acquired Tim Tebow from the Denver Broncos on Wednesday, bringing the polarizing quarterback to a team that just recently gave starter Mark Sanchez a three-year contract extension.

Denver general manager Brian Xanders said the Broncos will receive fourth- and sixth-round draft picks, while New York gets a seventh-rounder - all in 2012.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... z1pmR02d7L
DeLevering since 1999.