NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Post by Topper »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Topper wrote:Seahawk's defence relentlessly push Manning from New Jersey clear the other side of Montana.
Agreed.

Having said that, I do feel for the guy. When you look at his overall stats in the game, they weren't too shabby.

Everyone else around him flat out sucked though.

Unfortunately for Manning, he will get far more criticism than he probably deserves.

Him and Luongo should share a bed together.
Read Peter King's MMQB article today.

30+ completions, most for 4 yards or less after the the score was 22-0 to receivers who were pounded, bruised and battered by multiple defenders for absolutely nothing after the catch. The yards and reception stats he racked up were when the score was out of hand.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

As an impartial viewer, I have to say that was probably the worst Super Bowl I have ever watched. What a disappointment.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defence that is as much fun to watch as Seattle’s - as long as your team isn’t playing them of course.

Unfortunately we (again) won’t see the Seahawks in the Superdome in the 2014 regular season. I’d really like to see that matchup for a change - hopefully in the 2014 playoffs!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:As an impartial viewer, I have to say that was probably the worst Super Bowl I have ever watched. What a disappointment.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a defence that is as much fun to watch as Seattle’s - as long as your team isn’t playing them of course.

Unfortunately we (again) won’t see the Seahawks in the Superdome in the 2014 regular season. I’d really like to see that matchup for a change - hopefully in the 2014 playoffs!
Yeah, gotta agree, it was a terrible game. I'm happy for the 'Hawks but it was really boring.
The NFL has to be the worst league in the world. All hype and talk. Almost as bad as WWF and UFC.
Those are just homo-erotic for so many it's sad.

I'd rather watch women's curling :thumbs:

http://www.sportsgrid.com/hot-babes/tim ... curlers/#1
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Arachnid wrote:The NFL has to be the worst league in the world.
Worse than the NHL?

I don't think so Tim.

UFC is somewhat poorly managed, I'll give you that. Not terrible though.

As far as the WWE goes - they're actually run pretty well. Their problem is that they have very malicious assholes steering the ship. Vince McMahon makes Gary Bettman look like Mr. Rogers as far as being a complete and utter dickhead goes.

If you're arguing about which league is a joke, then look no further than the NHL.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

In all fairness, there hasn't been a really bad Super Bowl for ages. True, there was a period there where it was often a bad game, but in recent years that has not been the case.

As for the game... it looked a lot like two teams that were not equally well prepared. It's possible that you need to have played this 'Hawks team once or twice to get an idea how to beat them.

Kudos to Seattle's less-talked-about-guys, the receiving corps and the special teams - all facets of the team played at a high level. Russell Wilson: 6 of 9 on 3rd down conversions. ... and I seriously think Doug Baldwin might be Seattle's Post-Season MVP. That guy really came to play in the last three games.

Awesome game if you were on the right side of the score. :D
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The game was never boring to Seahawks fans. Only time some suspense was let out was after the Bronco's scored ending the shutout.

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Topper wrote:The game was never boring to Seahawks fans. Only time some suspense was let out was after the Bronco's scored ending the shutout.
That's right. 'Hawks fans waited 40 years for this, they don't care if it's won by a shit-kicking or squeaking by with a cheap field goal. To destroy an old AFC West rival who's laid beatings on them for years (especially by a large-ass man who resembles a horse) is extra sweet.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Puck wrote:In all fairness, there hasn't been a really bad Super Bowl for ages. True, there was a period there where it was often a bad game, but in recent years that has not been the case.

As for the game... it looked a lot like two teams that were not equally well prepared. It's possible that you need to have played this 'Hawks team once or twice to get an idea how to beat them.

Kudos to Seattle's less-talked-about-guys, the receiving corps and the special teams - all facets of the team played at a high level. Russell Wilson: 6 of 9 on 3rd down conversions. ... and I seriously think Doug Baldwin might be Seattle's Post-Season MVP. That guy really came to play in the last three games.

Awesome game if you were on the right side of the score. :D
I was on the right side of the score, it's just the hype outweighed the product (and make no mistake about it, it's Amareka, it's all about selling something). Speaking of which, I used the old OTA HDTV and had the US feed with their much hyped commercials....man were they lame. I think the NFL, NBA, UFC and WWE are the gayest. I bet someone comes out in those leagues before NHL or MLB....oh wait...someone already did.... :D
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Topper wrote:The game was never boring to Seahawks fans. Only time some suspense was let out was after the Bronco's scored ending the shutout.
Cool story. For the rest of us it was terrible!

After many excellent post season games in 2014, the Super Bowl was just an awful game.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Arachnid wrote: I think the NFL, NBA, UFC and WWE are the gayest.
With all due respect, should you really be 'beating the drum' of openly suspecting if certain sports are gay?

Lest we forget - you were a male cheerleader in highschool, as confirmed by real life acquaintence Lotusblossom. :wow:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:

After many excellent post season games in 2014, the Super Bowl was just an awful game.
One of the most dominating defensive performances in any Super Bowl. Yeah, boring ass game. :P

Thanks for telling us how bad it was for you herb.

Now tell someone who gives a shit if fan of neither team was bored by the game.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mëds wrote:One of the most dominating defensive performances in any Super Bowl. Yeah, boring ass game. :P

Arachnid seemed to give a shit. Obviously you did too. I know there are other non Seahawk fans here too. If you want some fan-boi action, I'm sure you can find a Seattle site.

Just stating it wasn't a great game to watch. It was an error prone, shit show, lopsided, affair. Those don't go down in history as being great games!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:
Mëds wrote:One of the most dominating defensive performances in any Super Bowl. Yeah, boring ass game. :P

Arachnid seemed to give a shit. Obviously you did too. I know there are other non Seahawk fans here too. If you want some fan-boi action, I'm sure you can find a Seattle site.

Just stating it wasn't a great game to watch. It was an error prone, shit show, lopsided, affair. Those don't go down in history as being great games!
Yeah ambulance driver, wot the 'erb said :evil:

It was the only crap NFL game I watched all year (I prefer College ball to anything, less hype, more heart) and it was billed as the biggest badest game of the year. I want my money and my time back.

It should be showcasing the 2 best teams of the premiere league (the so-called World Champions) of Amerikan Football. It did not.

Granted, the past few years the SuperBowl games have been close fought battles. Before that though, they were always blow-outs...I hope they don't revert to that shut-down pigskin style.

Hey Herb, here's a real good super bowl for yah...

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

herb wrote:

Turbo tax to the prom

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »