NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Topper » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:31 am

With the US Patent Office revoking the Redskins trademark as derogatory, can the Vikings be far behind?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5132
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby BurningBeard » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Topper wrote:With the US Patent Office revoking the Redskins trademark as derogatory, can the Vikings be far behind?

My favorite article on the subject:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/redskins-kike-owner-refuses-to-change-teams-offens,34292/
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Topper » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:38 am

BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:With the US Patent Office revoking the Redskins trademark as derogatory, can the Vikings be far behind?

My favorite article on the subject:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/redskins-kike-owner-refuses-to-change-teams-offens,34292/

The article exemplifies exactly why the Redskin name and symbols need to be retained.

As a friend noted about the cancellation of the Redskins trademark, "does this mean the Cowboys won?"
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5132
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby dbr » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 am

All I know is, it's time to get into the knockoff NFL merchandise game.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Betamax » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Soooooooo, if the pictures on twitter floating around are authentic ...... it looks like Jerry Jones is a "hands on" owner in more ways than one. 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:45 pm
Location: @betamax1080p

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:31 pm

Topper wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Topper wrote:With the US Patent Office revoking the Redskins trademark as derogatory, can the Vikings be far behind?

My favorite article on the subject:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/redskins-kike-owner-refuses-to-change-teams-offens,34292/

The article exemplifies exactly why the Redskin name and symbols need to be retained.

As a friend noted about the cancellation of the Redskins trademark, "does this mean the Cowboys won?"


This could have lasting implications for the proud and deeply-rooted Mississippi Niggers bocce ball franchise.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Island Nucklehead » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:20 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:This could have lasting implications for the proud and deeply-rooted Mississippi Niggers bocce ball franchise.


HA!

Will the Blackhawks have to change their logo?

Image
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4335
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby donlever » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:43 am

Jeff Pearlman penned a novel in the '90's called "Boys will be Boys - The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys".

Whether that photo is real or a scam JJ was (allegedly) right in there with the players (according to Pearlman) banging and crashing with the strippers and ho's the team (in general...and again, allegedly according to the books author) spent their off time with.

They even had themselves all a special house to party in.

I wonder who funded that?
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Betamax » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:05 pm

donlever wrote:Jeff Pearlman penned a novel in the '90's called "Boys will be Boys - The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys".

Whether that photo is real or a scam JJ was (allegedly) right in there with the players (according to Pearlman) banging and crashing with the strippers and ho's the team (in general...and again, allegedly according to the books author) spent their off time with.

They even had themselves all a special house to party in.

I wonder who funded that?


Well, one things a certainty, as Donald Sterling and allegedly JJ has shown, to get hot young chicks being "interested" in you when you're at an, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, an advanced age, being a billionaire and owning a pro sports franchise are the magnets, right? 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:45 pm
Location: @betamax1080p

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Topper » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:18 pm

JJ may have a couple of more handfuls

http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/08/13/tony-romo-boobs/
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5132
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby donlever » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:57 am

Yeah, Romo just adds to the perennial post Jimmy Johnson depression of Cowboy fans.

Fat Anthony at your service.

Fawk!

Oh well, Jerry deserves no less.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Mr.Miyagi » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Hey CC. My friends and I need 1-2 more NFL fans to join our PPR fantasy league. $50 to get in...if you are interested PM me. The draft is next Monday at 6:30 pacific time.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
User avatar
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:30 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby herb » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:15 am

Surprised Lever hasn't showed up to gloat about the god damn fucking Cowboys.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby donlever » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:00 pm

herb wrote:Surprised Lever hasn't showed up to gloat about the god damn fucking Cowboys.


...and look at them sticking with the running game!

Bah, they'll lose this weekend and that would be the end of that (gloating that is).

They'll still fuck up somewhere along the line this year. That's what they (and Romo) do.

Regardless of all that I will say that I am happy our illustrious GM/owner has at least listened to the Ginger and drafted some quality O linemen in the first round.

Games are won in the trenches.

Finally the Cowboys have 3 guys (Smith, Frederick and Martin) that can anchor that line for a decade.

Tyron Smith may already be the best left tackle in the league.

Quick feet, agile, big and strong as an ox.

Dude just shuts motherfuckers down.

If Sean Lee can ever stay healthy and Rolando McClain does indeed have his head on straight they could team up with Bruce Carter to be a pretty fukin good line backing core.

There are pieces there.

They are still miles away from contending or even making the post season however.

At least (as with the Canucks) the truck seems to be travelling on the right side of the road and in the proper direction.

Time will tell and JJ could go off the reservation at any time (i.e. he almost drafted Manziel this year for Crissakes!!).
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1926
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: NFL Thread: Thoughts on the game south of the 49th

Postby Meds » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:10 pm

donlever wrote:
herb wrote:Surprised Lever hasn't showed up to gloat about the god damn fucking Cowboys.


...and look at them sticking with the running game!

Bah, they'll lose this weekend and that would be the end of that (gloating that is).

They'll still fuck up somewhere along the line this year. That's what they (and Romo) do.


Image
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest