BC Lions 2011

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Re: BC Lions 2011

Post by LotusBlossom »

I think they will get 54,000 for the Nov. 20th game. If they go to the Grey Cup this city is going to go nuts.

Most hotels are booked for that week already. I won't get back until the day before the Grey Cup, but all I gotta say is thank God I live near a Skytrain Line...it's gonna be crazy.

Addition:

I got my Grey Cup tickets this week. All 8 of them are at $350 each and more. Nothing is under $200 a seat. That's insane, and the show is sold out.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

CFP! wrote:
SKYO wrote:Ok now I will jump on the BC Lions bandwagon. :D
Are you fucking kidding me?

Gawd, if the Leos make the Grey cup this city is going to be one big bandwagon.
So who is our QB nowadays? lol :lol:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

SKYO wrote:
CFP! wrote:
SKYO wrote:Ok now I will jump on the BC Lions bandwagon. :D
Are you fucking kidding me?

Gawd, if the Leos make the Grey cup this city is going to be one big bandwagon.
So who is our QB nowadays? lol :lol:
Travis Lulay
Wikipedia Link

What's with this city and gingers?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I wonder who the Lions would like to see win this semi final? Neither Albortion team presents a worse challenge for the Lions, I think they are good enough to beat anyone, but one of the two team's fans will have to shut up and smile a week earlier than the other....who should that be?

For me Edmonton people are much more humble than Calgarians so I guess Id like to see the Ski-Nos win ...
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Drew Tait has been playing well. I'd rather see the Eskimos.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

LotusBlossom wrote:Drew Tait has been playing well. I'd rather see the Eskimos.
I was cheering for Calgary. I'd way rather play an QB just getting his feet wet for the first time in the playoffs.
2011..... the one that got away.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
I was cheering for Calgary. I'd way rather play an QB just getting his feet wet for the first time in the playoffs.
it could be a case careful what I wish for, but I think that Lulay is not Tate when it comes to experience and the eskimos will have to earn their offense. The Lions wont beat themselves.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

ukcanuck wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
it could be a case careful what I wish for, but I think that Lulay is not Tate when it comes to experience and the eskimos will have to earn their offense. The Lions wont beat themselves.
Travis Lulay showed his composure in a hostile environment in the playoffs before. This is home field. I think he will be fine. I just hope the history with Edmonton this season is bodes well for the Lions.

I'll be there #54Kstrong #OccupyBCPlace
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Go BC GO

bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang B bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang Cbang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang

bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang B bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang Cbang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang

Today is one of those days that I truly wish that I were back home with my team "tin can a tuna" we were known as team kahuna but one of the exwives with the big mouth coined tincan o tuna and it stuck. possibly the only good thing to come out of that gob and she ,meant it as an insult...
any way a double header Sunday afternoon of CFL playoff games and a hockey game as a chaser could anyone ask for more? before you answer a 60 of Gibsons finest and no name Cola mixers are standard fare here ...
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

ukcanuck wrote:Go BC GO
a 60 of Gibsons finest and no name Cola mixers are standard fare here ...
Holy shit!

I'm *just" gonna crack my first beer.

I want to hear a lot of GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMON today. Too bad about the Ticats, was rooting for them.

Fuck ya Mark Donnely!
BCReefer
CC Veteran

Post by BCReefer »

What a game, Lulay has really surprised me this season.

When the season was young and they were 0 - 5 I didn't expect to see them in the GC finals in Vancouver.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

LotusBlossom wrote: What's with this city and gingers?
Fear of the sun?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BCReefer wrote:What a game, Lulay has really surprised me this season.

When the season was young and they were 0 - 5 I didn't expect to see them in the GC finals in Vancouver.
Tell me about it, I had wanted to go to the Grey Cup game this year and booked my ticket early. Glad I did :mrgreen:

Go Lions Go! (nfl sucks)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Was at the game on Sunday, and did the double header and headed to Rogers Arena shortly after.

What an amazing game and the tailgate that Brian participates in was a packed house. It started from there. Many of the Canucks staffers came and joined us as well. It was awesome.

Lulay's run was great! The kid is so composed! I love it!

I'm so excited for Sunday. I'll be in Phoenix this week so I will be missing all the festivities in between, but if anyone has a chance to be a part of it. The Spirit of Edmonton is apparently the best party place, according to Brian.

So glad we bought extra tickets, so many people wanted to be there so at least another 4 could.

LET'S GO LIONS!

We're a happy Lions Family.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

My wife's dad is living in Van right now and just called to tell us that the BC place roof is leaking in multiple places, has anyone else heard this?