BC Lions 2011

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: BC Lions 2011

Post by CFP! »

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

CFP! wrote:Time lapse for the new roof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2ctjyeJH8k
Cool vid. Notice how it's cloudy pretty much every day? Fucking Vancouver.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

LotusBlossom wrote:As far as I know, about 42,000 tickets have been sold, not bad, but the capacity is 54,000 and change. I'd love to see a sell out crowd, but I'm not thinking that's happening.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't a sell out by tomorrow night.

The Beatles bought their own records to create a a major buzz. David Braley will follow suit and buy any remaining tickets just before kick off. :wink:
2011..... the one that got away.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

BIG night for the lions, and BC place.

I read a post from the peanut gallery on TSN's page saying 50,000 tickets sold, dont know how true that is but it would be 50,001 if I was home tonight...if you are going have a 9 dollar beer for me :D
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

This half time show is so tremendously bad, it is almost good in a campy way.... but falls short :oops:
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

On my phone at the game, but a quick review

A waste of 500m dollars, I don't understand where it went.

25 minutes to get a beer, totally understaffed stupidity.

No tv in the bathrooms for $500M.

Half time show was high school garbage at best.

Apparently my seat is wider, but I am not fat. I assume anyone who comes here will be disappointed considered the massive cost.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

dhabums wrote: A waste of 500m dollars, I don't understand where it went.
Didn't you see the domw from the outside? :eh:

dhabums wrote: 25 minutes to get a beer, totally understaffed stupidity.
Uh, did they sort of strike tonight? They (they staff) said they would not affect tonights games.
dhabums wrote: No tv in the bathrooms for $500M.
What is this, Dallas...I mean NFL?
dhabums wrote: Half time show was high school garbage at best.
Indeed, even worse than the BEP at the West final a few years back. Eeeek.
dhabums wrote: Apparently my seat is wider, but I am not fat. I assume anyone who comes here will be disappointed considered the massive cost.
Shhhh, dont worry. The taxpayers wont notice.
Corb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Corb »

dhabums wrote:On my phone at the game, but a quick review

Apparently my seat is wider, but I am not fat. I assume anyone who comes here will be disappointed considered the massive cost.
Did you look up?

How would you know if you're fat? Get a second opinion.
;)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

dhabums wrote:On my phone at the game, but a quick review

Hey Suess Murphy, Dhabums, is it that your socks are too tight? :lol:
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

dhabums wrote:
I thought the half time show was good, especially the guy on clarinet .
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

CFP! wrote:
dhabums wrote: A waste of 500m dollars, I don't understand where it went.
Didn't you see the domw from the outside? :eh:
It most definitely looks nicer but it really couldn't be any worse than it was. Maybe my expectations were too high. The roof from the inside seems like a lot of work to have a small hole looking at the night sky.

On a good note, the horrible line ups and incompetent staff limited my in game beers to 2 from the usual too many. $10.50 for a "premium" 20 oz beer. No idea what that would have been, there was only Bud and Bud Lite. $8.50 for a 14oz Bud. Oh, and no lids.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Renovating BC Place was a waste of Money. We just put half a billion dollars of lipstick on a pig. The Lower bowl seats are too shallow, you still need binoculars to watch the game itself cause your miles from the action. The players look like minions on the field.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BCReefer
CC Veteran

Post by BCReefer »

Yawn - most people have nothing better to do but complain.

The Lions won again, tied for first place. I hate the fact that they are in first place because I am tired of Wally but damn they are in first place.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

BCReefer wrote:Yawn - most people have nothing better to do but complain.

The Lions won again, tied for first place. I hate the fact that they are in first place because I am tired of Wally but damn they are in first place.
I admit, complaining about last night was better than being there thus my in game complaint. I could have stood in line again, but complaining was also better than that. I realize some people want to wear blinders, but it was over half a billion dollars to make the building prettier. Not pretty, just prettier. And now we are stuck with the place for another 20 years.

On a night when winning should have been the story, almost everyone I spoke to was astounded at just how bad it was in there. Want a beer? Miss a quarter.

--

Does anyone know why the screens facing the endzones are so much smaller than the sideline big screens? I hope there is a good reason rather than "we ran out of million dollar bills" reason.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

dhabums wrote:
BCReefer wrote:Yawn - most people have nothing better to do but complain.

I admit, complaining about last night was better than being there thus my in game complaint. I could have stood in line again, but complaining was also better than that. I realize some people want to wear blinders, but it was over half a billion dollars to make the building prettier. Not pretty, just prettier. And now we are stuck with the place for another 20 years.

On a night when winning should have been the story, almost everyone I spoke to was astounded at just how bad it was in there. Want a beer? Miss a quarter.

--

Does anyone know why the screens facing the endzones are so much smaller than the sideline big screens? I hope there is a good reason rather than "we ran out of million dollar bills" reason.
To be fair I can understand your complaints about the service, the post game radio show was stacked with callers complaining abut the massive lines, the question I have is that the BC Lions fault? If i remember correctly the concessions were always run by BC Place Staff. and ultimately isn't that who is still responsible? I am surprised after years of experience running events there like the Olympics and other high profile events that they wouldnt be able to get it right the first time.